What does IOG have against developing Djibouti?

Djibouti has the potential of being like Dubai basically, and they have a small population? What exactly does he have against developing his country? I get that he’s a corrupt leader but it’s not like he’ll be losing any money by developing the country and investing in the people since he relies on foreign investment anyway. Djibouti’s situation is so weird to me like wtf is wrong with that country? They have everything Somalia wishes it has in terms of security but they still have nothing. What does IOG loose in at least ensuring his people have adequate housing and food, which is a human right? I don’t understand wouldn’t he technically be making more money if his country was like Dubai and an epicentre for international trade? Wouldn’t that be an incentive for him to develop the country?

bidenkulaha

GalYare
It’s disturbing. Probably the worst African leader. He might however subscribe to the idea that a country of peasants is easier to control.

Also I wouldn’t underestimate how greedy these politicians are. Look at Angola’s former President. They looted 10s of billions. There’s no amount of money that’s enough for them.

It’s disturbing. Probably the worst African leader. He might however subscribe to the idea that a country of peasants is easier to control.

Also I wouldn’t underestimate how greedy these politicians are. Look at Angola’s former President. They looted 10s of billions. There’s no amount of money that’s enough for them.
Fucking bastards this makes me so mad. Africans have a right to stable homelands instead of getting stressed in foreign lands that do not belong to them. f*ck all those leaders for real we could have be superpowers by now and IOG is a coward

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Fucking bastards this makes me so mad. Africans have a right to stable homelands instead of getting stressed in foreign lands that do not belong to them. f*ck all those leaders for real we could have be superpowers by now and IOG is a coward
All that money went to Portugal. It’s revolting. And all these western countries welcome it. London is full of corrupt Russian, Arab, African leaders buying empty houses. Switzerland and Luxembourg are the money laundering capitals for these people. It’s the new form of imperialism.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
Educated and strong people are actually a threat to a dictator. Their primary concern is staying in power. Weak masses are a good thing for them. He does not need them as a tax base. He rents to foreign military bases, and taxes Khat, and other substances. He also pockets aid money with his cronies. He does not need them.

Literally why are Djiboutians so docile they deserve better
democracy, in general, are far too lenient on their leaders we always expect them to act in good faith, I think our leaders need to live in fear of the people we need to keep them fuckers on their toes

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
France is the Capitol, the colonies are the districts and IOG is the head peacekeeper of District 12.

Hunger Games Odds GIF

Djibouti has the potential of being like Dubai basically, and they have a small population? What exactly does he have against developing his country? I get that he’s a corrupt leader but it’s not like he’ll be losing any money by developing the country and investing in the people since he relies on foreign investment anyway. Djibouti’s situation is so weird to me like wtf is wrong with that country? They have everything Somalia wishes it has in terms of security but they still have nothing. What does IOG loose in at least ensuring his people have adequate housing and food, which is a human right? I don’t understand wouldn’t he technically be making more money if his country was like Dubai and an epicentre for international trade? Wouldn’t that be an incentive for him to develop the country?
IOG and his wife run the country as their personal farm land and give favors to those loyal to the family as that's hw they maintain their rule.

reer

VIP
Let’s face it IOG only caters to certain subclan groups like @Duucale1 folks and other certain cisse subclans unfortunately.
djibouti recieves hundreds of millions for being a western brothel with a population of 1 million. half decent education and low quality healthcare should be available it shouldnt be as poor as the rest of somaliweyn.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
A Dictator can only stay in power when the majority of the population are not educated or wealthy.

It keeps the people docile as with those in Djibouti who are highly educated are most likely to be in opposition or brought into his ranks.

reer

VIP
A Dictator can only stay in power when the majority of the population are not educated or wealthy.

It keeps the people docile as with those in Djibouti who are highly educated are most likely to be in opposition or brought into his ranks.
thats a western myth. syrians egyptians and formerly iraqis are the most educated arabs. syria was under firm control of hafez and his son 1970-2011/12. it took hard crippling sanctions and an invasion to overthrow the iraqi ba'ath.

Trending