What does “gafuur” mean?

Yaraye

VIP
We should create a fantasy Somali fanfaction series with various Somali folklore characters as subplots to a wider thematic theme. Imagine Dhagdheer creeping the f*ck out of fulayga Cigaal Shidaad? Or Buuti leading the children away from her mother who feasts on the young!

Or the hairy wolfman Qori Is Maris battling out with Four Hooves with nails longer than wolverine!
what's buuti? I've heard of the rest

Amber

A blessed human
We should create a fantasy Somali fanfaction series with various Somali folklore characters as subplots to a wider thematic theme. Imagine Dhagdheer creeping the f*ck out of fulayga Cigaal Shidaad? Or Buuti leading the children away from her mother who feasts on the young!

Or the hairy wolfman Qori Is Maris battling out with Four Hooves with nails longer than wolverine!
How could I possibly forget my one and only childhood nickname? Cigaal Shidaad played a major role in my life, even though he was from a folk tale.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
what's buuti? I've heard of the rest
dhagdheer’s daughter who was cursed by Waaq into a demorphed shapeshifter after saving her village but was forever cursed to be a shape-shifting cannibalistic creature like her mother. How ironic?

Apparently the villagers rejected Waaqism perhaps embraced early Islam? Who knows..

Yaraye

VIP
How could I possibly forget my one and only childhood nickname? Cigaal Shidaad played a major role in my life, even though he was from a folk tale.
Black Cat GIF
:mjlol:

Since we are giving out definitions what do these words mean.

Candho? I feel like it means the space between the bum and the privates.

Buuro? I feel like this also mean the same thing as Candho but for men.

Yaraye

VIP
Since we are giving out definitions what do these words mean.

Candho? I feel like it means the space between the bum and the privates.

Buuro? I feel like this also mean the same thing as Candho but for men.
hey!
squirrel GIF by GamerLink
keep it islamic. we are taking about gafuur which is somewhere on the face. Don't bring butt and private parts into the convo
batman stop GIF
Shut It Down 30 Rock GIF

Garaad diinle

 
Dhagdheer was one of these horror stories i heard when i was little. I really couldn't believe what i heard back then and had a number of nightmares about it. My favoured story was al-shatir hassan which is i think the somali version of aladdin.

Garaad diinle

 
Thank you. Never heard of it. What is 'waaqism' ?
It's a made up name of what ever somalis use to worship. Waaq which is allah in af somali, rendille, oromo, afar and other cushitic languages. There is even a sufi man in the 14th century that wrote about how east africans call allah waaq.

We don't know much about the religion but we still have the name waaq in our vocabulary. I've seen a man from nfd named siinwaaq meaning a gift from allah and you've got a somali clan named siinwaaqroon or Siwaaqroon meaning a good or great gift from allah. The name waaq is found in almost every somali clan genealogy except somalis from the isaaq clan but even then a british anthropologist found it in their hees hawleed.

You may also find it in expression such as waligay Iyo waaq while other somalis say waligay iyo Allahay. I was listening to some somali poetry and notest how the somali would sometimes say waaqay probably means illahay from the context.

Last edited:

Trending