What do you think of 'Transhumanism'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you like the idea of overcoming your human limits? I personally find the idea of using higher technologies to improve human bodies at the individual level quite fascinating, to be exact 'Mind uploading'. I always wanted to upload my mind to the Cyber-Space through a Brain-transplant, but unfortunately the technology is not here yet.

Other methods of upgrading the Human-body I find interesting include combination of Nanotechnology and Biotechnology, which may help upgrade my Cognitive science. And speaking of ideologies/philosophies, I support some H+ philosophies like Singularitarianism and Technogaianism because I believe both are the solution to deadly serious problems like terrorism, nuclear proliferation, overpopulation, poverty, famine, environmental degradation, climate change, resource depletion and deadly diseases.

But even though you get everything you want through upgrading yourself in human enhancement by genetic modification, cybernetic implants to nanotechnology. Would that be haraam? I really would like to have some conversations with some Imaams in the future about Morphological freedom, but they have to be educated and have some understanding though (not some random guys from the Badiya).

transhuman_dawn_by_conzpiracy.jpg

transhumanism_by_k4ll0-d55xr15.jpg

transhuman_girl_by_thomasthorne.png

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Transhumanism is in the incubation period right now, although we do have a lot of androids around. I'm not referring to the Google OS. Androids - people that are so integrated with technology that it becomes an extension of their very "person". Are we losing our humanity by being wrapped in tech devices? I call these lot automatons, especially when they value tech over people. And there are those of us that have artificial hearts and early stage robotic appendages.

Human limitations rest in the mind, albeit there are obvious physical limitations. We ought to sort that out before we intend on transcending anything. We have gross social inequalities in this world. Perhaps, they ought to be solved by us, rather than looking to tools fashioned by us to remedy our existing global encumbrances that we had a hand in making. Plus, technocrats would probably use tech in their favour to gain advantages over the masses. It could be used to gain power and wage war, rather than thwart it.

Last edited:
Transhumanism is in the incubation period right now, although we do have a lot of androids around. I'm not referring to the Google OS. Androids - people that are so integrated with technology that it becomes an extension of their very "person". Are we losing our humanity by being wrapped in tech devices? I call these lot automatons, especially when they value tech over people. And there are those of us that have artificial hearts and early stage robotic appendages.

Human limitations rest in the mind, albeit there are obvious physical limitations. We ought to sort that out before we intend on transcending anything. We have gross social inequalities in this world. Perhaps, they ought to be solved by us, rather than looking to tools fashioned by us to remedy our existing global encumbrances that we had a hand in making. Plus, technocrats would probably use tech in their favour to gain advantages over the masses. It could be used to gain power and wage war, rather than thwart it.

Yep you're right, I associate with Electronics everyday both in Hardware and Software which makes me some sort of a Cyborg I guess. And like you said you could actually see the beginning of trivialization of human identity where people are becoming Cyborgs (Neil Harbisson) and are associating with Posthuman right activistism (Postgenderists/Hermaphrodite-Wannabes), with all those demands there might a genetic divide among humans that extends to species level which in turn destroys human identity.

But I don't care about them since I'm choosing my own destiny which is Digital Immorality, which is the solution for our problems because with it Transapientism is possible which in turn is the greatest intelligence ever created (The next step of Intelligence). With it any problem can be solved, so don't fear it but actually embrace it!

Hafez

VIP
Yep you're right, I associate with Electronics everyday both in Hardware and Software which makes me some sort of a Cyborg I guess. And like you said you could actually see the beginning of trivialization of human identity where people are becoming Cyborgs (Neil Harbisson) and are associating with Posthuman right activistism (Postgenderists/Hermaphrodite-Wannabes), with all those demands there might a genetic divide among humans that extends to species level which in turn destroys human identity.

But I don't care about them since I'm choosing my own destiny which is Digital Immorality, which is the solution for our problems because with it Transapientism is possible which in turn is the greatest intelligence ever created (The next step of Intelligence). With it any problem can be solved, so don't fear it but actually embrace it!
Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

Although I do find many of your posts interesting, we have our disagreements I guess xD.

Give me proof bro? On how the genetic makeup of humans can be altered.

It can be modified artificially to a level where the genome becomes incompatible with other Humans, making it impossible/or difficult to mate with the normal ones extending it to the species barrier. And the proof? Look at the Liger and other Felidae hybrids attempts bro!

Hafez

VIP
It can be modified artificially to a level where the genome becomes incompatible with other Humans, making it impossible/or difficult to mate with the normal ones extending it to the species barrier. And the proof? Look at the Liger and other Felidae hybrids attempts bro!
But the hybrids cannot mate amongst themselves either so...?

This 'transhumanism' seems unrealistic as we are only scratching the surface on many things instrumental to how our body works. DNA, how our brain works among other things are not understood well. Our efforts could better be utilized by turning our scope onto other issues that are plaguing us today.

Regardless, still sounds very cool

This 'transhumanism' seems unrealistic as we are only scratching the surface on many things instrumental to how our body works. DNA, how our brain works among other things are not understood well. Our efforts could better be utilized by turning our scope onto other issues that are plaguing us today.

Regardless, still sounds very cool

It may seem unrealistic using today's technology, but according to Scientists, Researches and other 'Experts' at these topics say that it will happen whether be like it or not. And the grey area of its happening is between 2039 and 2045, you'll witness it if you live though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending