what do you think of this piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devolution is exactly what's been happening for the last 20 years. SL doesn't want devolution. It wants independence.
Farmajo is trying to connivingly reconcile and his attempts show ulterior motives. There's too much distrust but I agree, independence woudve happened 26 years ago. The international community doesn't want to further fracture an already failed state and that's understandable.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Farmajo is trying to connivingly reconcile and his attempts show ulterior motives. There's too much distrust but I agree, independence woudve happened 26 years ago. The international community doesn't want to further fracture an already failed state and that's understandable.

Somaliland just needs to except that independence is not going to happen and that's it's going to jeopardize Somalia as a whole.

Clan reconciliation efforts should ease the distrust.

Devolution (eu,uk style) is an excellent solution for somalia and something we had for 1000 of years. The main REASON IT WON'T EVER WORK is because of our NEIGHBOURS, ETHIOPIA,KENYA,ARAB NATIONS would have significant powers even more so than now over these infant states.

If we did this in the 1950 it would have worked i think but now in this interconnected world full of preditors it's to late. power = size of economy + size of population. Somali unity is the solution.

"When the snow falls and the white winds blow,the lone wolf dies but the pack survives".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts