what do you think of this piece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
this was written in 2014 but it says the solution for peace would be to recognize SL and PL as independent states because somalia as a country cant function w continuous clan war. It goes on to say it hould emulate this in the south to create new states. Isnt this what the goverment has been doing?

http://www.thepanelonline.com/thepa...ead-how-to-bring-somalia-out-of-state-failure

I'm sorry but I cannot fathom this idea.

The only solution is to isolate SL diplomatically, economically, militarily etc. They'll become isolated whilst Somalia prospers. The people of Somaliland shall recognise that carrying on with this silly idea of independence is wrong and so they shall overthrow the villainous politicians and unite with the rest of Somalia.

I'm sorry but I cannot fathom this idea.

The only solution is to isolate SL diplomatically, economically, militarily etc. They'll become isolated whilst Somalia prospers. The people of Somaliland shall recognise that carrying on with this silly idea of independence is wrong and so they shall overthrow the villainous politicians and unite with the rest of Somalia.

considering the history and every SLander I met in my life thats not gonna happen no matter how much you isolate them, theyre too patriotic and its gonna lead to more resentment to somalia. I dont know much about somali history if im honest but what youre saying doesnt make sense. Id rather see a state prosper and have good relations with them instead, like how england is w scotland for example

Merchant of Mogadishu

considering the history and every SLander I met in my life thats not gonna happen no matter how much you isolate them, theyre too patriotic and its gonna lead to more resentment to somalia. I dont know much about somali history if im honest but what youre saying doesnt make sense. Id rather see a state prosper and have good relations with them instead, like how england is w scotland for example

So you're saying autonomy. Yes I wouldn't mind SL having that. But the problem is, they don't want that. They want independece

We need a clan reconciliation conference of some sort. If they decline or it doesn't work, then isolationism.

So you're saying autonomy. Yes I wouldn't mind SL having that. But the problem is, they don't want that. They want independece

We need a clan reconciliation conference of some sort. If they decline or it doesn't work, then isolationism.

what im saying is why not let them be their own country as long as it is in a union with PL and southern states. I agree w a council for clan representatives to talk about qabil issues

Merchant of Mogadishu

what im saying is why not let them be their own country as long as it is in a union with PL and southern states. I agree w a council for clan representatives to talk about qabil issues

So you're saying decentralisation? We are already doing that with all the other states. Just look at PL. They have their own government, army, economy, etc. Somaliland just wants independence. What are you supposed to do about that?

So you're saying decentralisation? We are already doing that with all the other states. Just look at PL. They have their own government, army, economy, etc. Somaliland just wants independence. What are you supposed to do about that?

OK then I see whats wrong. I was about to say let them be their own country and separate but they have somali in their country name, speak, dress and look somali as well. So the only way to fix this is to make a deal of some sort

The Italians taught you guys corruption and other Ill mannered practices, that's why most trolls on this site are hawiye.

I just don't want anything to do with Somalia :siilaanyosmile:

Bro wallahi this is not funny... The country got other major issues like drought and wahabbism... On top of this qabil bs. no wonder Somalia is doing so badly. You can be proud of clan, flag , country whatever meanwhile millions are dying on in the country and flimsy boats to italy

Wtf are you talking about? At least try to contribute to the discussion instead of the "Muh Qabiil" nonsense.
I think a devolution is the best option, SL vehemently opposes any union with southern somalia and it will stay like that for generations to come. To conclude, each region should go their own way and develop at their own accord without interfering. Contrary to What's going on at the moment, the weak south is holding SL ransom and preventing foreign investment. Somali weyn is poisonous idealism that won't happen, ever.

Merchant of Mogadishu

I think a devolution is the best option, SL vehemently opposes any union with southern somalia and it will stay like that for generations to come. To conclude, each region should go their own way and develop at their own accord without interfering. Contrary to What's going on at the moment, the weak south is holding SL ransom and preventing foreign investment. Somali weyn is poisonous idealism that won't happen, ever.

Devolution is exactly what's been happening for the last 20 years. SL doesn't want devolution. It wants independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.