What do you think of the ADOS movement ?

What are your thoughts on the ADOS movement ?

• I agree with it

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • I disagree with it

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
They've been there centuries and have no identity outside of America, where they're treated like second class citizens (immigrants get treated better than them) so I support it. They're as much American as the white invaders.

Calmone20

Formerly CalmOne
giphy.gif

Calmone20

Formerly CalmOne
They've been there centuries and have no identity outside of America, where they're treated like second class citizens (immigrants get treated better than them) so I support it. They're as much American as the white invaders.
I don't get why Black Carribeans and West Africans hate so hard on AAs.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
About what?
Wiki

The ADOS movement focuses mainly on demanding reparations for the slavery in the United States.[2] They push for colleges, employers and the federal government to prioritize ADOS and acknowledge that affirmative action policies originally designed to help ADOS have been used largely to benefit other groups.[2]

Supporters of the ADOS movement say they should have their own racial category on census forms and college applications, and should not be lumped in with other Black people—namely modern Black African immigrants to the United States and Black immigrants from the Caribbean.[2]

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Yes, destroy the grifts of coons like Candace Owens, inshallah. We all know it was that Carib side of hers teaching her all this coonery. Nacalaa.

:jcoleno::pacspit:

Apollo

VIP
African Americans should have a more precise name.

Their current name (African Americans, Black Americans) is too inclusive as anybody from Africa who has been in the USA for a few generations can be one.

I don't like the name Ados. It sounds Spanish and the reference to slavery is also not something nice to have in your ethnicity's name.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Wiki

The ADOS movement focuses mainly on demanding reparations for the slavery in the United States.[2] They push for colleges, employers and the federal government to prioritize ADOS and acknowledge that affirmative action policies originally designed to help ADOS have been used largely to benefit other groups.[2]

Supporters of the ADOS movement say they should have their own racial category on census forms and college applications, and should not be lumped in with other Black people—namely modern Black African immigrants to the United States and Black immigrants from the Caribbean.[2]
Yes, but not prioritise them in employment. But the rest are understandable

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
African Americans should have a more precise name.

Their current name (African Americans, Black Americans) is too inclusive as anybody from Africa who has been in the USA for a few generations can be one.

I don't like the name Ados. It sounds Spanish and the reference to slavery is also not something nice to have in your ethnicity's name.
Agree I can’t imagine writing ADOS in my bio, i see them all over twitter. Being a descendant of slaves? Aight you can call me xaalimo ARDOS(A refugee descendant of Somalia)

Some of them are cool but others are way too extreme. I get the cause but they need to stop attacking non American Africans. This guy is a prime example.

I’m not really for or against it. Mainly because If I’m being totally honest I really couldn’t give a shit. It doesn’t affect me or my people. Some may say that’s a selfish attitude but it is what it is :mjdontkno: