what do you think about friendship with none Muslims?

Friends are good your early teens or late teens or even your early 20s. beyond that there useless, focus on your independence like money or your family

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I don’t see the problem, as long as you’re on the same wavelength as them. Some people have a lot to offer you wouldn’t want to miss out on that just because they’re not Muslim

My best friend’s Christian and tbh she’s a better influence on me. She has a whole daily prayer app and talks about her spirituality. She’s got me thinking I need to do better :farmajoyaab:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I prefer friends that are reliable, don't lie and don't try to impose their way of living on me. As far as I'm concerned whether they are Muslim or not is of little consequence. However, a lot of my friends have advanced degrees and lead more conventional lives (choosing to marry before children).

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Non-Muslim friends are much more open, chill and laid back, you get the feeling you want to stay with them longer due to this reason and because you can say absolute anything without them getting feel offended.

Unlike Muslims who are sensitive by nature and can be boring at times so you have to be careful what to say.

Anyway, I grew up with them all my life until my mid 20s where friends usually stop seeing each other at that age most of the time. Sadly, it took me a very long time to realize what it actually means by not befriending them. They’ll make you do things and go down in a rabbit hole to the point that you’ll forgot you’re Muslim one night.

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
I grew up with non muslims friends just like you, majority were respectful. One actually didn't eat bacon or drink which was cool and my parents liked her :)

But she moved to another city and I instantly stopped talking to the others as I felt like they weren't helping me get closer to the deen, I felt lonely and needed muslim friends.

Alhamdilah I have found muslim friends this year because I joined the Muslim association at my uni, even made a good somali friend and we get to talk about islam and give eachother dawah and advise, it's beautiful when you find someone you connect with :) bbefore I was missing that .

Marquis

Highly Respected
VIP
Real talks what do people talk about with their non muslim friends? Ive never had one bcos 1)Im really introverted and hence very picky with friends but 2)I dont see what we could have in common?

Perhaps Im mistaken?

My sister :friendhug: how you been?

Character makes someone who they are. I’ve met nonmuslims with beautiful character and Muslims who are muslim only by name. I wouldn’t want someone to judge me by my faith so I try not to either.

Well, I always have none Muslims friends because of where I lived, but more and more I am questioning myself if I should continue this friendship.

I always have been 100% true about my Islamic belief with them about many haram things they do, like doing Zina, clubbing, liberal views, alcohol, feminism, riba etc...
I always tell them I am against it and most of the time advise them to don’t do it. I propose them several times to become Muslims but I think they like the pleasure of this life more.
They told me about liking my behaviour and the way I see life and would like to be like this.

I appreciate all of them but I don’t want Allah to ask me about their bad doing and why I didn’t do more to advise them to stop.

To be honest with you what makes me question this friendship recently is one of the girl I consider one of my closest friends announced to me that she is pregnant and not married, I didn’t even know she was dating someone....I felt sad for her, for her unborn bastard baby while also feeling angry at her because I always advise her to do better than being a baby mama, helped her obtain her nursing degree.

The other girls were congratulating her, I couldn’t do the same and just left. But then I was worried for her so call her back to give her medical advice for her pregnancy while feeling guilty to continue supporting haram behaviour.

:stressed: :kendrickcry:
Well if you want to be strong in your seen you need to distances yourself from non Muslims... I mostly have non Muslim friends and I did things I’m not proud of

QueenofKings

Kick in the door wavin the .44
I have non Muslim friends but my friends are good clean people. So maybe your issue is with your friends is their class, or lack there off. Avoid ghetto people, your circle of friends should be uplifting you and inspiring you, not bringing you ghetto problems.

Do what makes you comfortable. But don’t get hung up differences in religion. Even Muslims are problematic these days.

Trending

Latest posts