What do you guys think about tiger parenting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

land owner

Welcome to the yaab zone
VIP
Do you think it’s too intense for the kids or do you believe it’s perfectly fine and will help your child grow up successful? When I have kids I’m gonna put a great emphasis on education but not to the point where it prevents them from being kids and having fun or having a good relationships with their parents.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
People and especially kids adapt quickly.

I mean our parents were just as strict to us when it came to memorizing the Quran.

Most of us are still cool with our parents.

We probably spent just as much time on that as Asian kids do with tuitions and music lessons.

XamarWeeaboo

You expected something here didn't you?!?!?
In this current world of decay, where you are measured by how much to make, it's extremely useful. Especially since it puts you in a position where you know that others will judge you harshly, useful in the future working condition of the child. Also, learning to play the piano, guitar, violin and other instruments will prove useful later on in life. Also, the child will adapt to their rigorous timetable/schedule over time.

Tldr; No a little sacrifice for a better future.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Somali parents should learn a thing or two from Asian parenting. If they had discipline they wouldn’t give birth to weaklings.

VixR

Veritas
What you described you’d do isn’t tiger parenting. Tiger parenting is next level (with mixed results). It doesn’t work on Western raised Asians, it backfires. And from what I’ve seen, Far East Asian students haven’t measured up to the smart stereotype.

Subcontinental Asians (Indians/Nepalis) are the tryhards (they put in so much goddamn effort) and make superb study partners from subjective experience (and they’ll feed you...buy they dress up stylishly and yet smell strongly of whatever they cooked that morning). African students (Nigerian) are also up there. The White students are the dumbest (there are really smart White students, but they make up the mids and lows more substantially).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending