What do you guys think about the Dam in Ethiopia and the conflict with Egypt?

Personally,

As much as I dislike the Ethiopian government, I'm kind of enjoying seeing them flex their land. They have the right to use their land and water the way they see it.

I support the Ethiopian government. Hopefully they’ll send some left over energy to Somalia :rejoice:

I think Egypt will learn the hard way that Ethiopia is supported by too many powerful nations for them to get away with bombing the damn. Correct me if I'm wrong but the dam is financed by China, and Israel, two nations who don't care about Egypt.

We Somali's have been trying to get those fuckers for centuries, but they always ask their Christian daddies for back up.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Egypt needs water from the Nile to survive as a country. Their entire agriculture system is dependent on it. Ethiopia can setup their dam but Egypt will go to war over it. I say we stay out of this fight and see what happens.

Egypt needs water from the Nile to survive as a country. Their entire agriculture system is dependent on it. Ethiopia can setup their dam but Egypt will go to war over it. I say we stay out of this fight and see what happens.

Egypt should use the money they spend on their military to solve their ridiculous dependance on the nile. It's their fault that their population is uncontrolled. Egypt is not ally of Somalia, neither is Ethiopia. But... imagine if Ethiopia successfully benefits from the damn, they could sell power to Somalia in exchange for access to the port and that would be a win/win situation.

P.S: If Egypt bombs the dam, this will unite the Ethiopians and probably halt the civil war.

I think Egypt will learn the hard way that Ethiopia is supported by too many powerful nations for them to get away with bombing the damn. Correct me if I'm wrong but the dam is financed by China, and Israel, two nations who don't care about Egypt.

We Somali's have been trying to get those fuckers for centuries, but they always ask their Christian daddies for back up.
Ethiopia isn't supported by powerful nations. China and Israel both support Egypt more. Israel has strong economic ties to Egypt and China is building their new capital. Ethiopia is just a cumbucket to China just like Kenya and Zambia. Not to mention the US supports Egypt.

Ethiopia isn't supported by powerful nations. China and Israel both support Egypt more. Israel has strong economic ties to Egypt and China is building their new capital. Ethiopia is just a cumbucket to China just like Kenya and Zambia. Not to mention the US supports Egypt.

Who do you think is financing the dam project? You think they would take kindly to billions of dollars being wasted?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Ethiopia, especially since they're occupying western Somalia.

Who do you think is financing the dam project? You think they would take kindly to billions of dollars being wasted?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Ethiopia, especially since they're occupying western Somalia.
Ethiopians are financing it themselves... There's a reason why the world bank, China, and other foreign countries avoided funding it.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
if Ethiopia crumbles the Oromo qoxoonti will overwhelm Somalia because Somalia or Somali people have big territory but not enough population so not a good idea

Wallahi, niggas wishing death on Ethiopia don't know what they're saying. Somalia will not have a good time if that happens.

The GERD dam will start partial electricity production this year or next year. This year the second filling will go underway as planned. The GERD will be completed in the next two years. Ethiopia is planning to increase its electricity coverage to almost 100% by 2025 from currently only 47%. Ethiopia is also planning to sell its electricity surplus to neighboring countries. Without electricity, Africa can forget its development especially the manufacturing and agro processing sector which are vital for countries like Ethiopia.

We are not fighting Egypt but are determined to fight poverty and no one can stop us from achieving our dream of one day living a decent life. The case of the GERD dam is sealed and Egypt also is coming to terms knowing very well the dam will not hurt Egypt and is unstoppable anyway.

Last edited:

alien

📍outer space
VIP
I'm not on any side. this would benefit both Sudan and Ethiopia. Ethiopia would get electricity running through the whole country and Sudan would not have to spend lots of money on taking care of the nile flodding. why shouldn't Ethiopia be allowed to create this and why does Egypt not want it. They think it will effect water supply in Egypt. personally think Sudan should side with Ethiopia since it will positively both countries

CanoGeel

"Show respect to all people, but grovel to none"
I don't care what happens on the Nile, I am worried about how Ethiopia is making Somalia barren by preventing the waters of Juba and Shabelle rivers from flowing downstream to Somalia.

Ethiopia is taking advantage of Somalia's instability and disobeys International Law of Waters. They already started unilaterally damming both rivers resulting in cyclical flooding and drying of the rivers that ruins agriculture, displaces tens of thousands and causes the loss of human lives and thousands of livestock year in and year out.

Last edited:
Don’t care about either country tbh but if you support ethiopia damming the nile then you’re basically supporting them damming jubba and shabelle rivers as well since both rivers come from ethiopia which would negatively affect many Somalis

Last edited:
Don’t care about either country tbh but if you support ethiopia damming the nile then you’re basically supporting them damming jubba and shabelle rivers as well since both rivers come from ethiopia which would negatively affect many Somalis
If this dam doesn't work for them then they have more reason to dam the rivers that lead to Somalia. They would have less reason to do so if this works because they would have enough electricity for the country and to sell

If this dam doesn't work for them then they have more reason to dam the rivers that lead to Somalia. They would have less reason to do so if this works because they would have enough electricity for the country and to sell
The GERD is mainly for electricity, not irrigation as the surrounding area is very rocky. Whereas the dams on Jubba and Shabelle are intended for irrigation, not electricity since they're surrounded by flat land suitable for large agriculture projects (hence the Amhara settlers in Ogaden). This means that water will be consumed in the long-term rather than simply the filling period.

Last edited:

exposedmeat

i do it anyway i like
Ethiopia is not dumb they ain't gonna sell us energy

We do you think Ethiopia buys fish from, they buy fish from Norway and Norway steals fish from us instead of buying from a neighboring country and helping them with their economy they rather buy it from the thieves of Somalia sea but if you have rich countries around you you'll probably gonna become rich yourself inshallah but you gotta kiss their boats first humble yourself. NO PRIDE

Trending

Latest posts