What do you claim to be if you were born outside Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the time they don't know much about Somalia or Somalis other than pirates so you can laugh it off. But sometimes they know more than just that..it's those times that I hate. I make excuses like oh yh but I was born in the west tho and don't know much about Somalis or Somalia hehe and hope they let it go
:whoa: hold up, I have to come clean.
I'm a proud Somali, I'll even bring up a pirate joke and might even throw in a "look at me" barkhad reference.

What made you hate your identity so much? is it family issues, culture or the things that are going in Somalia.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
If they ask what I am I say Somali (or African since there aren’t any Somalis where I currently live and it shortens the conversation, to put it simply.) If they ask where I’m from I say my hometown
:manny:

Gadiid

So much depends upon a red wheel barrow.
Somali.
A British national, born and raised, but Somali nonetheless.

A lot of the time they don't know much about Somalia or Somalis other than pirates so you can laugh it off. But sometimes they know more than just that..it's those times that I hate. I make excuses like oh yh but I was born in the west tho and don't know much about Somalis or Somalia hehe and hope they let it go

@PiratePrincess Why do you hate Somalia so badly?
:what1:

Does stating your ethnicity to other people make you feel dirty or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending