What do you claim to be if you were born outside Somalia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Somali, I was born in the states but I always say I'm Somali or I'm from Somalia, it's the first thing that comes to my head. I get weird looks especially when traveling , I had this African dude the other day in Paris ask me where I'm from and I was like Somalia, and he didn't seem to buy it.

Salaam

If you were born for example in the US, when people ask where you're from would you answer

1) "I'm Somali"
2) "I'm American-Somali"
3) "I'm American"

This can be for any country outside Somalia, like British-Somali, Canadian-Somali, even Japanese-Somali if there are any lol

I've always just answered "I'm Somali" but since I was born somewhere else wouldn't I technically also be from that other country, I'd like to see your thought
I can claim Ethiopian and no one will say anything

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Saying i'm Swedish to someone is a waste of time, since people have a very specific image of what a Swede looks like. So i just say i'm Somali.

Labels like "American" or "Canadian" on the other hand are free of ethnic ties, so it's easier for Somalis to claim those.

I still haven't learnt to live with it unfortunately. I'll tell them I'm just black canadian but if they continue asking I say I'm african, but after being pressed on it I usually say sudan.:wowsweat:. Recently though my lie was found out:jcoleno:
You have more self confidence than me in your identity. Can you tell me how you learnt to live with this
A lot of the time they don't know much about Somalia or Somalis other than pirates so you can laugh it off. But sometimes they know more than just that..it's those times that I hate. I make excuses like oh yh but I was born in the west tho and don't know much about Somalis or Somalia hehe and hope they let it go

f*ck knows. I just call myself 'Somali with a British passport.' I am quite westernised and believe a lot of Somali culture is bs - like how women are treated- and prefer British values for the most part. Laakin, I can't call myself British. I associate this country with a lot of fuckery like warmongering and of course, they colonised my motherland so there is that..

But on the forms, I select Black African/Black British. There is usually not a Somali option although I did see 'Somalian' on a form recently. Lord have mercy. We are Somalis!

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
I say im a british somalilander

:bell::susp:

I feel sorry for you. Why you do claim to be someone you're not? Somaliland doesn't exist as a sovereign nation.
You suffer from "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome, a disease created and spread by corrupt and villainous politicians for over 2 decades. You only to cure it is through counselling and knowing the truth.

Last edited:

DRACO

VIP
:bell::susp:

I feel sorry for you. Why you do claim to be someone your not? Somaliland doesn't exist as a sovereign nation.
You suffer from "Muh Qabiil" Syndrome, a disease created and spread by corrupt and villainous politicians for over 2 decades. You only to cure it counselling and knowing the truth.
Bombadishu strikes again , Sort out your capital first lads then we'll have a chat!

Merchant of Mogadishu

Bombadishu strikes again , Sort out your capital first lads then we'll have a chat!

Why are you changing the subject sxb. Somaliland doesn't exist as a sovereign nation and you're claiming you're from there. That's not how it works. You're Somali. There's nothing wrong with that.

Does hearing, seeing or saying words like Somalia and Somali irritate you, cause headaches, itching, nausea, hypertension, etc? This will be vital information for your diagnosis and treatment.

Merchant of Mogadishu

Because you need to end your mission of jihad. We withdrew from the Union time ago.

SL has never ever withdrew from the union. This is a clear set up by the villainous politicians that run SL, to dupe the population. Where does it say in the Somalia constitution that a federal state can legally leave the union?

Dual citizen(Canadian/ American) I prefer answering Canadian. Our country is similar to America. The motherland of refugees.(Europeans, Africans,Asians....) The airport lines are very interesting. You get great service overseas if you hold a Canadian passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts