What do I do with my life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Become a scientist, don't bother getting a 9-5 job.Instead just become a researcher for the rest of your life.
:gnzbryw:

That's what I'm planning to do all my life or at least by 30.
:gaasdrink:
That would be awesome, I could study astrophysics. That was my dream through out middle school and early high school. But it's just a dream, and will remain so.

Never pick a course to please others. It won't be them getting up everyday for four long years to write essays and pass exams. I dropped out of uni in my first try because I wanted to please my family by doing medicine. But my heart was not in it. Do something that will not bore you stiff and for which you can remain awake during seminars.

Most degrees have no relation to a job anyway. Unless you wanna go into a technical field, one degree is pretty much like another, so you may as well have fun with it.

Why are your parents against criminal law? Makes no sense from an Islamic point of view. Maybe you should lie to them and do it anyway if that is what you really wanna do. Just make sure it is.

Okay, so here's the thing. I need to choose a career path within like the next week and I don't know what to choose. I took a year off after high school partly because i didn't know what to do, it's been a year and I still don't know what to do. The college application season has started and I can't pick a career field, I can't even think of anything I would enjoy. This is what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life, what I'm going to be waking up before dusk to do everyday so I prefer for it to be something I enjoy that pays a livable wage. I don't know what I enjoy. I can't think of anything. I have a very limited time to make a life changing decision.

My mom has been pushing me to do nursing, she has her heart set on that. Since I can't pick something why not make my mom happy and just do nursing( even though it's completely cliche with Somali females, I was hoping to be different but just another nursing student).

The highest paying nursing field is Certified Registered nurse anesthetist. Average of 134k per year. In Montana it's 200k+. Studying for a minimum of 7yrs.

I'm stressing rn, advice would be welcome.

I know how you feel... I watch a lot of crime shows as well and I was convinced I wanted to be a crime scene investigator but my parents were totally against it and told me to do nursing, let's just say I took classes for nursing and it didn't work out I switched majors. Do what you want

I know how you feel... I watch a lot of crime shows as well and I was convinced I wanted to be a crime scene investigator but my parents were totally against it and told me to do nursing, let's just say I took classes for nursing and it didn't work out I switched majors. Do what you want
Never knew so many Somali parents were against law. Jeez.

Never pick a course to please others. It won't be them getting up everyday for four long years to write essays and pass exams. I dropped out of uni in my first try because I wanted to please my family by doing medicine. But my heart was not in it. Do something that will not bore you stiff and for which you can remain awake during seminars.

Most degrees have no relation to a job anyway. Unless you wanna go into a technical field, one degree is pretty much like another, so you may as well have fun with it.

Why are your parents against criminal law? Makes no sense from an Islamic point of view. Maybe you should lie to them and do it anyway if that is what you really wanna do. Just make sure it is.
I don't think I would hate nursing, I think I might even enjoy it. But the thing is, I had higher hopes for myself. For most of my life I've dreamt about having a huge affect on the world, having history books written about me. I wanted to be more. For my name to be remembered. To Change the world. A difference. I didn't really care wether I made a good or bad difference. Just as long as it was different. Just as long as I left an inprint on earth. Something to be remembered for. Maybe it was just a childish dream. It just feels like such a let down to let go off that and just be another nurse. And I feel like I wouldn't be adding much to humanity. Just another dot in this magnificent universe. That makes me feel bad.

Last edited:

KULTA

f*ck you im from Mudug
Hmmm your system is so different to ours, here nurses study for 3yrs and get like 2.5k/month=30k/ year which is like 54k canadian dollars.

How are nurses doing 7+ years in Canada when in Finland doctors study for 6 years? Ofc after that 6yrs you gotta do 6 more years to become for example a surgeant but thats 6 years of working=getting paid.

Here in Finland to become a med student you gotta pass the entrance exam (8-17% pass the test each year) and most people take the test 3 times which means they start uni 3 years after high school.

Smart parents if u ask me. promoting a law other than that which Allah Subhana wa Ta'ala is xayram period
Allah is laughing uncontrollably at your stupidity. So is the shaytan come to think of it. We all are kid. Low IQ troglodytes are always a barrel of laughs.

Get back to me when you stop getting mentally raped by your Wahabbi boyfriend.

Soobax101

salah la'aanta waye
Allah is laughing uncontrollably at your stupidity. So is the shaytan come to think of it. We all are kid. Low IQ troglodytes are always a barrel of laughs.

Get back to me when you stop getting mentally raped by your Wahabbi boyfriend.
Get back to me once you paid off all the hookers you owe money too

Never knew so many Somali parents were against law. Jeez.

Lol everyones talking about my religion my parents excuse was that I wouldnt find a job because of discrimination :drakelaugh:

Its because they see their friends kids successful so they expect you'll make it in that major as well not realizing we're all different

I don't think I would hate nursing, I think I might even enjoy it. But the thing is, I had higher hopes for myself. For most of my life I've dreamt about having a huge affect on the world, having history books written about me. I wanted to be more. For my name to be remembered. To Change the world. A difference. I didn't really care wether I made a good or bad difference. Just as long as it was different. Just as long as I left an inprint on earth. Something to be remembered for. Maybe it was just a childish dream. It just feels like such a let down to let go off that and just be another nurse. And I feel like I wouldn't be adding much to humanity. Just another dot in this magnificent universe. That makes me feel bad.
You're adorable. You sound so young. We've all had Napoleonic visions of ourselves bestriding the globe like a colossus. Hope you never lose it. There's no reason why you can't do more than one job. My rule is to start afresh every fifteen years. Do something different. Fifteen years in one profession is long enough. Also, you can be a political activist in your free time if you feel so passionate about social change. I was a fucking anarchist in my teens. Gotten a bit jaded since though, so maybe you will too.

A good route for effecting change: write a book. You don't need a particular degree for writing. I'm always writing essays in my laptop. One day I wanna shape it into a book and offer it to a publisher. Maybe pitch articles to newspapers about issues you care about. There are so many ways to make an impact.

Soobax101

salah la'aanta waye
You're adorable. You sound so young. We've all had Napoleonic visions of ourselves bestriding the globe like a colossus. Hope you never lose it. There's no reason why you can't do more than one job. My rule is to start afresh every fifteen years. Do something different. Fifteen years in one profession is long enough. Also, you can be a political activist in your free time if you feel so passionate about social change. I was a fucking anarchist in my teens. Gotten a bit jaded since though, so maybe you will too.

A good route for effecting change: write a book. You don't need a particular degree for writing. I'm always writing essays in my laptop. One day I wanna shape it into a book and offer it to a publisher. Maybe pitch articles to newspapers about issues you care about. There are so many ways to make an impact.
Wipe that hoes menstrual faeces from your face before you start giving lectures brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending