What do atheists do on Eid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
I'd go for the sweets etc. but I hate finding parking and I just cannot stand the actual prayer (the repetitive Allahu Akbar!'s). The concrete floor at the convention centre hurts my knees and I hate how crowded it is.

Anyway what are you guys doing?

VixR

Veritas
It's actually difficult for guys to get out of Eid prayer? :dwill:

My family really makes a huge thing of it, specifically the Fitr; they all meet up at my parents' house with good food and catch up, almost like reunion. We've even had ppl from neighboring states or outside the country stop in on occasion, so I dress up for that and help mom with prep the days before and on day of.. I didn't go to the prayer, slept through it. I worked yesterday and I'm working later today as usual.

Axmed Xaji

Your non-biological father
It's actually difficult for guys to get out of Eid prayer? :dwill:

My family really makes a huge thing of it, specifically the Fitr; they all meet up at my parents' house with good food and catch up, almost like reunion. We've even had ppl from neighboring states or outside the country stop in on occasion, so I dress up for that and help mom with prep the days before and on day of.. I didn't go to the prayer, slept through it. I worked yesterday and I'm working later today as usual.

You slept through it? See, that's what I cant do. My dad insists (almost violently) that everyone be crammed into the van (even if my personal car is here) and trotted out to the convention centre hours before it starts. That's why I call into work on my off day and ask if I can help out.

VixR

Veritas
You slept through it? See, that's what I cant do. My dad insists (almost violently) that everyone be crammed into the van (even if my personal car is here) and trotted out to the convention centre hours before it starts. That's why I call into work on my off day and ask if I can help out.
That's tough. Not gonna lie, it was clear I was fasting none of it so this Ramadan was something tense. Helps to be busy and that I planned for this summer to be productive b4 school gets back in session. I get too tired to psyche myself out about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending