What did you all do for your Eid?

Asc to you Walaal. I’m new here. What I did on Eid was go to Eid prayer in the morning, take our annual family photos outside the Eid venueπŸ˜‚, go home and chill, I’m older know so I had to give Eid money to my family, members, went to my sisters to eat dinner and FaceTimed with relatives abroad to say Eid Mubarak, and then went home just before night time. That’s my day. I’m going to work early morning.

Asc to you Walaal. I’m new here. What I did on Eid was go to Eid prayer in the morning, take our annual family photos outside the Eid venueπŸ˜‚, go home and chill, I’m older know so I had to give Eid money to my family, members, went to my sisters to eat dinner and FaceTimed with relatives abroad to say Eid Mubarak, and then went home just before night time. That’s my day. I’m going to work early morning.
Wa 3alaykuma salaam walaal,
That sounds like a nice day being with family and all. You are working on a Sat?

Yes I’m NorwegianπŸ‡³πŸ‡΄ Never been to SomaliaπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
My family went through a lot of trauma in the civil war. Realised that when I got older. I always knew there was something wrong because Hooyo would just try to casually switch the conversation on how we go to Norway and why some close family are dead. Inshallah one day I will get the courage to ask about everything. Alhamdulliah we are are healthy and living a decent life here in Viking Land. I got on this forum to maybe learn more about my culture and interact with other diasporas. How about you?

Yes I’m NorwegianπŸ‡³πŸ‡΄ Never been to SomaliaπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄
My family went through a lot of trauma in the civil war. Realised that when I got older. I always knew there was something wrong because Hooyo would just try to casually switch the conversation on how we go to Norway and why some close family are dead. Inshallah one day I will get the courage to ask about everything. Alhamdulliah we are are healthy and living a decent life here in Viking Land. I got on this forum to maybe learn more about my culture and interact with other diasporas. How about you?
I am sorry to hear your family had to go through such a terrible ordeal. I live in the US, and doing quite all right with no complaints wa na7mudullah lithi wa thak.

Good luck with learning about your people, culture, and country.

What do you do for fun?

I have a bachelor and work in healthcare care. Just an average Norwegian salary but I’m proud I did it without any student loans. I’m in my earthly twenties. Unmarried and still living at home. What I do for fun is hang out with my friends and family, I used to be obsessed with football(soccer for you Americans) but I only want big games and world cups know. I also do photography as a side income. Saving for a house and marriage in the future. Actually I do a lot of things for fun. I’m pretty open to find something to do.

I have a bachelor and work in healthcare care. Just an average Norwegian salary but I’m proud I did it without any student loans. I’m in my earthly twenties. Unmarried and still living at home. What I do for fun is hang out with my friends and family, I used to be obsessed with football(soccer for you Americans) but I only want big games and world cups know. I also do photography as a side income. Saving for a house and marriage in the future. Actually I do a lot of things for fun. I’m pretty open to find something to do.
Good for you, mate, for having your life in order.

For someone awfully young, you are terribly opinionated - I am referring to your other post going off on Somalis, and deriding them by clan. How did you come by that?

Last edited:
Good for you, mate, for having your live in order.

For someone awfully young, you are terribly opinionated - I am referring to your other post going off on Somalis, and deriding them by clan. How did you come by that?
That’s the only way these people would interact with me. They have been ignoring me for weeks so I decided tonight to troll like them. Never got so many comments beforeπŸ˜‚ and all I did was comment something others wrote in another thread. Wallahi everything I wrote here is true. I’m a nice guy..kind of an introvert if you don’t know me.

So, from interacting with Somalis, they are being bad influence on you in that you are learning all the worse from them instead of the best; poor bugger.
I have been on this site for weeks and wallahi it’s very sadπŸ₯² Especially that Laascaanood war thread.. sometimes can’t believe what I’m reading. And to think these people are around my own age. All I can do is 🀲🏽 for Somalia and Somalis wherever they are.

I have been on this site for weeks and wallahi it’s very sadπŸ₯² Especially that Laascaanood war thread.. sometimes can’t believe what I’m reading. And to think these people are around my own age. All I can do is 🀲🏽 for Somalia and Somalis wherever they are.
Well, war is not for the faint-hearted, is it? And if one knows not as to what is afoot, like most, then it is tawdry.

And you thought, what, join the mud-slinging, and cover yourself in soil? Or have you inherited some of that Viking's piracy genes without realising it?

Yaraye

VIP
went to eid prayer, came back home for a bit, all my grandmother's decedents gathered at my aunt's house for qado, ate until our stomach burst and gossiped for hours. Came back home a bit before magrib prayer

Yaraye

VIP
Sounds like fun, but where are the men?

Could not resist gossiping even on Eid, eh?
they were there with us for lunch/gossip in the first 2-3hrs and then left. The women continued the gossip for even longer. I personally adore gossip
In Love Wow GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
The Simpsons Hearts GIF