What cities have the most Somalis in USA

1. Minneapolis MN 70-80,000
2. columbus OH 40-60,000
3. seattle WA 30,000
4. san diego CA 20,000
5. portland, ME ( mostly reer djibouti and somali bantu)
6. nashville TN
7. dallas TX
8. Boston MA
9. Arizona ( many somalis that I knew have relocated there)
10. Atlanta GA (my father used to live there)
11. eastern part of new york
12. denver CO

I'm from Portland Maine. There are no Somali bantu's here and it's not mostly reer Djibouti. However, Lewiston, Maine has a decent amount of Somali Bantu, but not here. I've lived in Portland for 18 years, never saw one in my life before.

I would not put Portland as 5th too, we have ~4000-5000 Somalis.

It's a great city. I'd recommend that you guys pay it a visit. Great weather in the Summer, Spring and Fall, very scenic because it's a peninsula, has a very low crime rate, and the Somalis there are great.

It's a very non-diverse city, but it's all the white people are liberal coastal elite types. I'd say it's 84% White, 7% Somali, 3% African, 2% Arab, 2% Asians, 1% Hispanic.

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
I'm from Portland Maine. There are no Somali bantu's here and it's not mostly reer Djibouti. However, Lewiston Main has a decent amount of Somali Bantu, but not here. I've lived in Portland for 18 years, never saw one in my life before.

I would not put Portland as 5th, we have ~4000-5000 Somalis.
My bad. I meant lewiston. majority of reer djibouti in US live there as well as somali bantu.

you might be right, but I was thinking of cities not whole states , I'm not familiar with DC/Virginia area ,
what city has the highest number of Somalis ?
It's one area, suburbs of DC are in different states. Lot of Somalis in the Northern Virginian suburbs of Arlington, Alexandria and Fairfax.

My bad. I meant lewiston. majority of reer djibouti in US live there as well as somali bantu.

Probably,

I don't have deep knowledge, I've only visited a handful of times because I have some friends there and the only Islamic cemetery is located there, but from my experience I saw there were a lot of landers.

Amazonian

Cirka Gacan Saarte 💪🏾🇸🇴
Minnesota but its mixed with mj and hg

Ohio is strictly dominated by MX with a touch of Dhulbahante. It also has the second largest Somali population in the US.
We might as well call it Cabudwaaq :mjlol:

Last edited:

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Probably,

I don't have deep knowledge, I've only visited a handful of times because I have some friends there and the only Islamic cemetery is located there, but from my experience I saw there were a lot of landers.
most reer djibouti diasporas are isaaq including myself

most reer djibouti diasporas are isaaq including myself

That's interesting. Growing up, I was clueless about the qabiil dynamics, I wasn't really into it. I just saw my Somali friends as Somali, I was indifferent about what qabiil or sub-qabiil they're from.

I only started getting into it as I found other Somalis online.

OffTheDome

Proud American
Minnesota is a shithole upon a shithole, I've never seen so many Somali crackheads in my life. I’ll never go back to that gaajo city

DC/NOVA is where it's at
:banderas:

Royalflush

novacane
Minnesota but its mixed with mj and hg

Ohio is strictly dominated by MX with a touch of Dhulbahante. It also has the second largest Somali population in the US.
We might as well call it Cabudwaaq :mjlol:
Minnesota is a shithole upon a shithole, I've never seen so many Somali crackheads in my life. I’ll never go back to that gaajo city

DC/NOVA is where it's at
you mean Minneapolis :cosbyhmm:
Aren’t you American as well smh

I never knew that many Somalis live in San Diego it is considered way more expensive than the Bay Area, and Los Angeles what do the the Somalis do there? Also I visited L.A before I was shocked them Mexicans had it on lock imagine L.A being 9% madow and yet the majority homeless was them the Hispanics have completely shut them out of the workforce, housing etc only Hollywood madow eat, and don't get me start on how they don't speak English and hate it.

DC/NOVA is where it's at

Sadly yes the only place you will find a 50 year old alcoholic but we have malls, restaurants, schools, clinics etc Columbus doesn't even have that

Trending

Latest posts