What business would you start in your part of somalia?

Say you had 50k and you went back to mogadishu, garoowe, hargeisa, or anywhere in your qabil town.

If you had to think outside the box what you would you bring to your community? Take into consideration 50k isnt alot of money so try to be realistic. Think of an idea the people need desperately, something different or creative yet realistic putting into consideration the challenges of starting business back home like issues with logistics, skilled staff etc

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Say you had 50k and you went back to mogadishu, garoowe, hargeisa, or anywhere in your qabil town.

If you had to think outside the box what you would you bring to your community? Take into consideration 50k isnt alot of money so try to be realistic. Think of an idea the people need desperately, something different or creative yet realistic putting into consideration the challenges of starting business back home like issues with logistics, skilled staff etc

I would prolly do what ali mahdi did, take my 50k find a share in a project with other investors doing something big and new and taking a slice with the wins and a slice with the losses not taking the win completely as sole trader which also means u take the loss fully. I am risk conscious. Thru investing rather then sole trading, i can offset my risk appetite as I am conservative with money not liberal whatsoever. Fiscally conservative but I am politically liberal

Build an athletic center. It would end up being way more than 50K though.

Basketball Court w/ bleachers
Soccer Field w/ stands.
Swimming pool w/ showers and locker rooms.
Cafeteria where snacks and drinks could be sold, a socializing area.
A gym where people could do cardio, lift etc..

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I have a preference for infrastructure investments over private businesses personally as their safe long term returns. Things like ports, roads, telecommunication, academics as long as it's quality based can return nice returns and stable long term returns as they will keep coming each batch of new customers in infrastructure. I am very weary of private businesses though

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

If I was going to target a business in Somalia, I wud focus on the youth segment due to how large it is, as they are large pool, I wud have to see their spending habits first obviously before working out if it's worth it, the only thing about youth tho is they lack wealth which will put me off. It's all a balancing act before I dump a dime anywhere. But i wouldn't hesitate with port, road, electricity, water, telecoms, or anything that is infrastructure based, that shit will always be a money maker no matter what.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would consider also machinery investment, I am big fan of machine over labor. I wud have to make sure that I can under-cut and deliver quicker then traditional methods by locals. Machines will do it quicker, I would invest brick making mobile truck and travel around to different project sites saving myself the cost of 'transport' delivery so I can under-cut a-lot on my end price now. Plus my expense wud be minimal just fuel, a full tank just gives me 85k bricks, not bad at all. Plus sand and water are pretty much readily available or cheap as shit. The gap between my expenses in that and what I charge will be obviously the highest point but undercutting the locals by 30% margin while beating their ass on time lol. I can guarantee a residential customer bricks within hours all ready to go lol.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
But obviously Somalis are not very creative in business, they will see how u own the market by yourself because u r doing something different to the rest of the copy cats who r now competitors delivering the same service meaning less margins involved. They will begin to do what I do and then when it gets full again, I will switch to find a new gap following my business philosophy. Finding gaps, beating on time, cutting on expenses, examining the market and spending and what portion I can secure against my 'living standards' needs or wealth targets are certain rules I die by before I have any confidence in business.

I will also buy land where-ever a new capital is created. For example it's to late now in Garowe. But Dhuso, Jowhar, Buale are ripe right now, I park some nice 'money' on areas where I think govt will be located and 'central market areas' or where-ever the market is i will buy a big plot of land and sub-divide that shit and sell it piece by piece when the city starts to boom. It's a shame @Calaf is fighting for presidency when he shud fight for the capital of jubaland which is more realistic negiotation, all hartis will rush in and invest in plots as the town will boom with govt relocating from kista. But his a buun wa talo xun yihin, they go after things that are already set in stone and no-one is nudging. Thinking this is hirshabelle or galmudug.

If Gedo was selected as the capital, it wud send big shock waves and gold rush of investors, govt needs water, electricity, construction materials, hospitals, academics, airport, businesses will open up to begin services that the locals need and it will just keep growing as competition gets tighter n tigher and new innovations are the only way out of that. If I was a sade I wud settle for a capital deal not givin it to 'ogs' while they have presidency.

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I will also invest in the first commercial bank that is interest based in Somalia that will send me so RICH it's the best investment u can have especially when the market is ripe and all yours and u can fuel the economy by providing loans to people to create their own business or buy their own property or vehicle, that is going to be true money maker and financial infrastructure. The govt already takes loans on interest so it's pointless banning it in the market.

I would prolly do what ali mahdi did, take my 50k find a share in a project with other investors doing something big and new and taking a slice with the wins and a slice with the losses not taking the win completely as sole trader which also means u take the loss fully. I am risk conscious. Thru investing rather then sole trading, i can offset my risk appetite as I am conservative with money not liberal whatsoever. Fiscally conservative but I am politically liberal

I thought your view of ali mahdi was that he was a theif and mooryan now you wanna follow his methods?

Besides how is any of that beneficial to the people?
Build an athletic center. It would end up being way more than 50K though.

Basketball Court w/ bleachers
Soccer Field w/ stands.
Swimming pool w/ showers and locker rooms.
Cafeteria where snacks and drinks could be sold, a socializing area.
A gym where people could do cardio, lift etc..

Really like the swimming pool idea. I wonder how much that will cost. You could open a swimming centre with a cafe and a restaurant under beautiful palm trees.

You would probably need foreign workers from dubai or kenya to build it, i doubt anyone in somalia knows how to build a swimming pool since it isn't very common.

I have a preference for infrastructure investments over private businesses personally as their safe long term returns. Things like ports, roads, telecommunication, academics as long as it's quality based can return nice returns and stable long term returns as they will keep coming each batch of new customers in infrastructure. I am very weary of private businesses though

It's 50k not 50 million.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I thought your view of ali mahdi was that he was a theif and mooryan now you wanna follow his methods?

Besides how is any of that beneficial to the people?

Really like the swimming pool idea. I wonder how much that will cost. You could open a swimming centre with a cafe and a restaurant under beautiful palm trees.

You would probably need foreign workers from dubai or kenya to build it, i doubt anyone in somalia knows how to build a swimming pool since it isn't very common.

Ali Mahdi didn't invent investment, what the hell is wrong with u. I won't invest in a telecom now because it's too competitive but my point was I prefer safe investments where I don't have to wear the losses on my own and that is only possible thru shares, if I go all out on my own, I feel to much risk on my money unless it's a brilliant idea after I worked it out.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It's 50k not 50 million.

It's better putting 50k towards meaningful infrastructure, sxb u don't understand business well, infrastructure is always needed, it's not a choice plus competition is low. Opening up a shop or doing basic service industry is not a money maker unless your doing something totally in demand and your the only provider or else u join the rat race. Dump your 50k into garacad port, work out the returns, slowly put aside. Go buy land in buale, dhuso, jowhar future capitals, get in early keep expanding and diversifying from there, u r silly kid thinking luxurious is going to make money, people dont spend on luxuries but necessities. Wealth is about diversification, not just opening a business or else u become a worker salary and ur wealth never changes.

But obviously Somalis are not very creative in business, they will see how u own the market by yourself because u r doing something different to the rest of the copy cats who r now competitors delivering the same service meaning less margins involved. They will begin to do what I do and then when it gets full again, I will switch to find a new gap following my business philosophy. Finding gaps, beating on time, cutting on expenses, examining the market and spending and what portion I can secure against my 'living standards' needs or wealth targets are certain rules I die by before I have any confidence in business.

I will also buy land where-ever a new capital is created. For example it's to late now in Garowe. But Dhuso, Jowhar, Buale are ripe right now, I park some nice 'money' on areas where I think govt will be located and 'central market areas' or where-ever the market is i will buy a big plot of land and sub-divide that shit and sell it piece by piece when the city starts to boom. It's a shame @Calaf is fighting for presidency when he shud fight for the capital of jubaland which is more realistic negiotation, all hartis will rush in and invest in plots as the town will boom with govt relocating from kista. But his a buun wa talo xun yihin, they go after things that are already set in stone and no-one is nudging. Thinking this is hirshabelle or galmudug.

If Gedo was selected as the capital, it wud send big shock waves and gold rush of investors, govt needs water, electricity, construction materials, hospitals, academics, airport, businesses will open up to begin services that the locals need and it will just keep growing as competition gets tighter n tigher and new innovations are the only way out of that. If I was a sade I wud settle for a capital deal not givin it to 'ogs' while they have presidency.

Buying up land in the small towns knowing there will be growth over the years.. smart 👍🏽

Trending

Latest posts