What business are you planning to start in Somalia?

Jungle

VIP
Some of my people own a chicken farm, a couple restaurants, import everything from clothes to jingad/metal sheets which homes are made from and everything inbetween in banaadir. Several wholesales through out the city. Not that i benefit from any of this rn. Just need to chip in, soon move :rejoice:

How many do you see with body armour and with guns that arent AK-47s? My company will be like US black ops
Impossible. I will buy 4 aks for a grand each give them to 4 reer badiye and give them somalia tracksuits and their more trustworthy then anything you turn up with lol
That is actually oversaturated, any nigga with a gun is on security

Some of my people own a chicken farm, a couple restaurants, import everything from clothes to jingad/metal sheets which homes are made from and everything inbetween in banaadir. Several wholesales through out the city. Not that i benefit from any of this rn. Just need to chip in, soon move :rejoice:

Impossible. I will buy 4 aks for a grand each give them to 4 reer badiye and give them somalia tracksuits and their more trustworthy then anything you turn up with lol
Skinnies with aks are more harmful to themselves than to anyone else .I will start off with 20 or so of my clan mates. Make them go gym etc, then I'll recruit 0.5 clans

Oadkac

I like oodkac!
Real estate. Many people live in horrible living conditions, make modernized affordable living spaces for people with recreational activities/suuqs near it and boom. You have good cash flow.

The sad truth is without massive government investment to create a reliable source of electricity, most worthwhile businesses that will have meaningful impact on economy just can’t happen. You can’t operate a concrete factory or some processing plant economically on diesel. Somalia has enough service industry sucking dollars out of the economy, we need businesses that earn hard foreign currency via exports.

The sad truth is without massive government investment to create a reliable source of electricity, most worthwhile businesses that will have meaningful impact on economy just can’t happen. You can’t operate a concrete factory or some processing plant economically on diesel. Somalia has enough service industry sucking dollars out of the economy, we need businesses that earn hard foreign currency via exports.
This. We can start by optimizing our agriculture and bring some money home. From there we can use that money to invest in manufacturing. Educate the people and focus on climbing value added chain.

some contract manufacturers gain enough expertise to make their own products and compete in the same market with their customers. For example, Samsung and HTC both began as contract suppliers before launching their own successful products.

You can make electronic component (south east asia) or you can design them bring new product to market (south korea )
value_chain_added_value-e1598583506110-1024x476.png

True. Somalia is lagging behind in the energy sector, which is vital for any meaningful business enterprise to thrive. Currently the installed generation capacity for entire country is a mere 106 MW, most of which comes from diesel generators.

Looking at the connection figures, they tell a sad story. The overall electricity access rate in the country is 15% . The access rate in urban areas is 35%, while in the rural areas it is 1%.

Somalia is not blessed with many big rivers to build huge hydro dams like Egypt or Ethiopia but the country has very great potential for wind and solar energy. Currently with all the chat about global warming, renewable energy such as wind and solar have become the new cool.

Inorder to spur economic growth, the government should prioritize and invest heavily in wind and solar renewable energy.

I know people here don't like hearing Kenya being mentioned as an example but please allow me to mention them here. Kenya recently built a Wind energy farm in Marsbabit. The wind farm has the capacity to generate 310MW. That is enough electricity to power 1 million homes. Cheap clean renewable energy. This just shows the potential that wind energy has.

If Kenya can do it, so can Somalia

Last edited:

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
This electricity costs are too high and would cripple and large scae business. Only the oversaturated service industry can afford this