What are your thoughts on the Dababy situation and his "homophobic" comments?

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
John said rapper's remarks at music fest 'the opposite of what our world needs to fight the AIDS epidemic'
CBC News · Posted: Jul 28, 2021 7:35 PM ET | Last Updated: July 28

dua-lipa-dababy-elton-john.jpg

Dua Lipa, left, and Elton John, right, have condemned DaBaby, centre, for homophobic comments the rapper made during his performance at the Rolling Loud music festival in Florida over the weekend. (John Phillips/Getty Images, Paras Griffin/Getty Images, Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images)
Celebrities including Elton John and Dua Lipa are condemning rapper DaBaby's inaccurate and homophobic comments at a Florida music festival over the weekend that have also resulted in the loss of a clothing deal and an apology of sorts.
At the end of his Sunday performance at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami Gardens, Fla., DaBaby asked audience members to raise their cellphones before letting loose with a string of homophobic statements.
"If you didn't show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that'll make you die in two, three weeks, put your cellphone lighter up," the rapper said. He continued, telling the audience to raise their lighted cellphones if they weren't gay men having sex in parking lots.
DaBaby, born Jonathan Lyndale Kirk, blew up on Top 40 charts in 2019 with hits like Suge and the Grammy nominated BOP. He's also been featured on songs by other artists, including Chance the Rapper, Megan Thee Stallion and Camila Cabello.

dababy-at-rolling-loud-2021.jpg

DaBaby told the audience at Sunday's concert to raise their cellphone flashlights in the air if they 'didn't show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that'll make you die in two to three weeks.' (Rich Fury/Getty Images)
Celebrities criticize rapper's comments
John, who has been openly gay for decades, wrote on Twitter Wednesday that he was "shocked" to hear the rapper's comments about HIV.
"This fuels stigma and discrimination and is the opposite of what our world needs to fight the AIDS epidemic," he tweeted.

In a series of tweets, John listed statistics about HIV/AIDS and noted that "you can live a long and healthy life with HIV. Treatment is so advanced that with one pill a day, HIV can become undetectable in your body so you can't pass it onto other people."
Dua Lipa, who featured DaBaby on her hit single Levitating, which has spent 42 weeks on Billboard's Top 100 chart and is currently at number three, took to Instagram on Tuesday expressing concern about the rapper's comments and saying she was "surprised and horrified" to hear them.
"I really don't recognize this as the person I worked with. I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100 [per cent] with the LGBTQ community."
On Tuesday, the rapper issued an apology on Twitter, saying his comments were "insensitive."

"Anybody who done ever been [affected] by AIDS/HIV y'all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no intentions on offending anybody," he wrote on Twitter.
He initially responded to the backlash on his personal Instagram page on Monday, saying that his gay fans "take care of themselves" and were not the "junkies" he was referring to in his comments at the concert.
Clothing brand drops rapper
On Wednesday, U.K.-based clothing brand boohooMan dropped the rapper, saying on social media that they condemned the use of homophobic language.
"We will no longer be working with DaBaby," the brand tweeted.

"Diversity and inclusion are part of the boohoo Groups DNA and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse customers we serve across the globe."
In June, boohooMan released a 100-piece collection with the rapper. The company also released a Pride month collection that month, donating the proceeds to It Gets Better, a non-profit organization in the U.S. that works to empower LGBTQ youth around the world.
Other rappers speak out
While many condemned the rapper's comments, others supported him.
"Social media is full of confusion and words are often misconstrued," rapper T.I. said following DaBaby's performance.
"If you [gonna] have the Lil Nas X video and him living his truth, you're gonna damn sure have people like DaBaby who gonna speak their truth."
Rapper Lil Nas X publicly came out as gay on Twitter in June 2019, pointing to the lyrics of his song, C7losure. He then tweeted "thought I made it obvious" and posted a photo of his album cover zoomed in on a building with a rainbow on it.
Since then, his videos have sometimes featured provocative themes, and the latest, Industry Baby, includes one scene where the 22-year-old rapper dances with a group of naked men in a jail cell.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
John said rapper's remarks at music fest 'the opposite of what our world needs to fight the AIDS epidemic'
CBC News · Posted: Jul 28, 2021 7:35 PM ET | Last Updated: July 28

dua-lipa-dababy-elton-john.jpg

Dua Lipa, left, and Elton John, right, have condemned DaBaby, centre, for homophobic comments the rapper made during his performance at the Rolling Loud music festival in Florida over the weekend. (John Phillips/Getty Images, Paras Griffin/Getty Images, Tim P. Whitby/Getty Images)
Celebrities including Elton John and Dua Lipa are condemning rapper DaBaby's inaccurate and homophobic comments at a Florida music festival over the weekend that have also resulted in the loss of a clothing deal and an apology of sorts.
At the end of his Sunday performance at the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami Gardens, Fla., DaBaby asked audience members to raise their cellphones before letting loose with a string of homophobic statements.
"If you didn't show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that'll make you die in two, three weeks, put your cellphone lighter up," the rapper said. He continued, telling the audience to raise their lighted cellphones if they weren't gay men having sex in parking lots.
DaBaby, born Jonathan Lyndale Kirk, blew up on Top 40 charts in 2019 with hits like Suge and the Grammy nominated BOP. He's also been featured on songs by other artists, including Chance the Rapper, Megan Thee Stallion and Camila Cabello.

dababy-at-rolling-loud-2021.jpg

DaBaby told the audience at Sunday's concert to raise their cellphone flashlights in the air if they 'didn't show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of them deadly sexually transmitted diseases that'll make you die in two to three weeks.' (Rich Fury/Getty Images)
Celebrities criticize rapper's comments
John, who has been openly gay for decades, wrote on Twitter Wednesday that he was "shocked" to hear the rapper's comments about HIV.
"This fuels stigma and discrimination and is the opposite of what our world needs to fight the AIDS epidemic," he tweeted.

In a series of tweets, John listed statistics about HIV/AIDS and noted that "you can live a long and healthy life with HIV. Treatment is so advanced that with one pill a day, HIV can become undetectable in your body so you can't pass it onto other people."
Dua Lipa, who featured DaBaby on her hit single Levitating, which has spent 42 weeks on Billboard's Top 100 chart and is currently at number three, took to Instagram on Tuesday expressing concern about the rapper's comments and saying she was "surprised and horrified" to hear them.
"I really don't recognize this as the person I worked with. I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100 [per cent] with the LGBTQ community."
On Tuesday, the rapper issued an apology on Twitter, saying his comments were "insensitive."

"Anybody who done ever been [affected] by AIDS/HIV y'all got the right to be upset, what I said was insensitive even though I have no intentions on offending anybody," he wrote on Twitter.
He initially responded to the backlash on his personal Instagram page on Monday, saying that his gay fans "take care of themselves" and were not the "junkies" he was referring to in his comments at the concert.
Clothing brand drops rapper
On Wednesday, U.K.-based clothing brand boohooMan dropped the rapper, saying on social media that they condemned the use of homophobic language.
"We will no longer be working with DaBaby," the brand tweeted.

"Diversity and inclusion are part of the boohoo Groups DNA and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse customers we serve across the globe."
In June, boohooMan released a 100-piece collection with the rapper. The company also released a Pride month collection that month, donating the proceeds to It Gets Better, a non-profit organization in the U.S. that works to empower LGBTQ youth around the world.
Other rappers speak out
While many condemned the rapper's comments, others supported him.
"Social media is full of confusion and words are often misconstrued," rapper T.I. said following DaBaby's performance.
"If you [gonna] have the Lil Nas X video and him living his truth, you're gonna damn sure have people like DaBaby who gonna speak their truth."
Rapper Lil Nas X publicly came out as gay on Twitter in June 2019, pointing to the lyrics of his song, C7losure. He then tweeted "thought I made it obvious" and posted a photo of his album cover zoomed in on a building with a rainbow on it.
Since then, his videos have sometimes featured provocative themes, and the latest, Industry Baby, includes one scene where the 22-year-old rapper dances with a group of naked men in a jail cell.

I think he is Bisexual

Okay let's speak the truth here. Dababy been Problematic from the start. he has multiple children with different women, he even hit a woman fan in the face before, and he mocked a flight attendant's hair before. He has zero manners, but why was he now cancelled over comments towards the lgbtq community? It doesn't make no sense. When a Black female fan was punched he still was dropping songs and had fans. They only care about the lgbtq community now. Our communities and the Muslim community is not cared for.

Okay let's speak the truth here. Dababy been Problematic from the start. he has multiple children with different women, he even hit a woman fan in the face before, and he mocked a flight attendant's hair before. He has zero manners, but why was he now cancelled over comments towards the lgbtq community? It doesn't make no sense. When a Black female fan was punched he still was dropping songs and had fans. They only care about the lgbtq community now. Our communities and the Muslim community is not cared for.

The alphabet gang is the new agenda , these elitists have to push this degeneracy until society collapses.

The alphabet gang is the new agenda , these elitists have to push this degeneracy until society collapses.
You know what shocks me how nobody is seeing through this bs. There is a huge movement to make Black/African men more feminine. Why do you think Lilnas is now seen as a cultural icon even tho he danced naked in a jail cell with other black men. Black men make up a huge portion of the prison population, yet an orgy party is happening up in his music video tf. This stuff is even affecting African/Somali men. If a Somali guy is more playful and feminine like he will get views and a fan base. It's apart of this agenda being pushed by the White masses.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Never liked this one flow wonder, glad hes getting cancelled listen to real rap

I feel sorry for black people. They put fkd up shit in the mainstream.

They're either fruity af (Lil Nas X (at least he real about it) and Young Thug)

On drugs and are addicts (Lil Uzi Vert and Playboi Carti)

Hyper sexual degenerates (Cardi B and Megan the Stallion)

Or gangsters who glorify crime (G-Unit, NWA, modern drill rappers)

When you compare the number of views and investments these rappers have, as opposed to conscious rappers, you know shit is fkd up.

Hell, conscious rap in the past was catchy af, but modern conscious rappers are boring to listen to.

Most of the record companies that these rappers fk with are owned by white people. There's a legit agenda to make them look bad.

When you compare the number of views and investments these rappers have, as opposed to conscious rappers, you know shit is fkd up.

Hell, conscious rap in the past was catchy af, but modern conscious rappers are boring to listen to.

Most of the record companies that these rappers fk with are owned by white people. There's a legit agenda to make them look bad.
chose to speak facts

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Negative energy is more attractive than positive

Don't think there is an agenda. It's just what people like :manny:

Don't think there is an agenda. It's just what people like :manny:
Nah, there used to conscious rap and gangster rap in the past was about people struggling in the hood and getting out, not glorifying killing.

Record labels have since the early 2000s made black people act like fools for money.

Ask yourself these simple questions:

1. How many non-Black popstars are out there who have to be street?
2. How many have to act raunchy if they come out as gay?
3. How many have to show themselves loving drugs?
4. How many have to show themselves glorifying crime?
5. How many kids in schools look up to different artists? What demographic is into what?

It's a pretty clear cut agenda. It's not even new. It was called cooning back in the day. Same thing tbh.

Also, isn't it unusual that mainstream rappers can literally come out saying they're into lsd and codine, and not get criminally investigated?

How about the one's affiliated with a gang that kills people, like Chicago rappers?

There's no deep investigation. Why?