What are your thoughts on polygamy?

He’s better than 99% of Somali men (I’m assuming we’re talking about Somali guys here) because at least he told me that he intends on marrying a second woman down the line.

That’s how dysfunctional we’ve become.

Why are people disagreeing with me lol a lot of Muslim men want polygamy and it's heavily practiced in the Somali community. In Somalia you will barely find a somali man that doesn't have two wives. I personally don't want a polygamous relationship, but the quality of good men is not that high. If I was older age and came across a good man that did have a wife I most likely would give him a chance( I hate to say this). Also a lot of single mothers and divorcees in the greater islamic community struggle to find marriage. If they want a single man who has never had children or been married before that pool is going to be low and certain families will reject these women. I'm not saying women must go marry polygamous men, but with the way the world is going more women may have to resort to this. Also, let's be real here a lot of men can't be monogamous lol they have wandering eyes and many western kuffar men cheat on their wives with other women. If polygamy was more normalized in the west it could prevent a lot of these things.

Xaruun

VIP
Why are people disagreeing with me lol a lot of Muslim men want polygamy and it's heavily practiced in the Somali community. In Somalia you will barely find a somali man that doesn't have two wives. I personally don't want a polygamous relationship, but the quality of good men is not that high. If I was older age and came across a good man that did have a wife I most likely would give him a chance( I hate to say this). Also a lot of single mothers and divorcees in the greater islamic community struggle to find marriage. If they want a single man who has never had children or been married before that pool is going to be low and certain families will reject these women. I'm not saying women must go marry polygamous men, but with the way the world is going more women may have to resort to this. Also, let's be real here a lot of men can't be monogamous lol they have wandering eyes and many western kuffar men cheat on their wives with other women. If polygamy was more normalized in the west it could prevent a lot of these things.
There are good men everywhere and most of them are monogamous simps.

Muzaffer

𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖗𝖆𝖉𝖊 𝕲𝖊𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑
if you have the financial power to marry 2 or 3 or 4 wives then why not.

giphy.gif

mrlog

VIP
Crux of the matter is @Magan95 is thinking about it. Otherwise why bring it up for discussion.

huuno don’t listen to these naysayers
It would be a terrible mistake to go through life thinking that halal customs are frowned upon because gaalo and feminists shout the loudest.

do what u think is best for u
:samwelcome:

Crux of the matter is @Magan95 is thinking about it. Otherwise why bring it up for discussion.

huuno don’t listen to these naysayers
It would be a terrible mistake to go through life thinking that halal customs are frowned upon because gaalo and feminists shout the loudest.

do what u think is best for u
:samwelcome:

LMAO

the day I'm okay with being a sister wife is the day there is only 1 man left on this planet.

AliAlg3bra

O block alumni
polygamy doesn’t work unfortunately if your not ballin. polygamy also doesn’t work cuz you can’t partition attention to multiple relationships evenly.

strawberrii

#ArthurGang
You meet a nice well adjusted guy and everything seems to be going well. He's cute, financially stable, great personality, and wants to start a family.
Then out of nowhere, he drops a nuke and says that eventually he'll want a second wife. Would you still continue with this farax?

Personally, polygamy is a resounding never for me but I'm interesting in hearing your perspectives.
I wouldn't go for him, that's a total turn off. I don't understand anyone willing to enter a polygamous relationship unless there's a benefit for the ladies involved.