What are your thoughts on polygamy?

You meet a nice well adjusted guy and everything seems to be going well. He's cute, financially stable, great personality, and wants to start a family.
Then out of nowhere, he drops a nuke and says that eventually he'll want a second wife. Would you still continue with this farax?

Personally, polygamy is a resounding never for me but I'm interesting in hearing your perspectives.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
It's shitty!
It disrupts society as a whole,
leaving some men without spouses and women with even more resentment.

Barbaric tradition.

A lot of women are going to have to resort to polygamy and there are many reasons why. More women exist than men and huge gender imbalance like look at what is happening in East Asia like china and japan. A lot of people are looking for marriage outside cause no one is marrying and the gov of Japan is literally paying couples to have babies and host marriage classes. Also, for the somali community there isn't enough quality men for the women, and most somali dudes are into polygamy. It's heavily practiced in our community, so it would be a total lie if you wouldn't think your somali husband wouldn't go and add another lady into the family 20+ years after marrying. It happens and personally I don't want to marry a man with a wife cause I don't want to deal with the stress of it and not having my husband around at nights and the first wife mistreating me.

You meet a nice well adjusted guy and everything seems to be going well. He's cute, financially stable, great personality, and wants to start a family.
Then out of nowhere, he drops a nuke and says that eventually he'll want a second wife. Would you still continue with this farax?

Personally, polygamy is a resounding never for me but I'm interesting in hearing your perspectives.
No! Never! A guy that’s already thinking ahead of marrying another woman before even married you is essentially telling you 3 things, 1) I don’t love you(I might be incapable of loving one woman). 2) your just temporary solution or a means to an end, 3) I am womanizer, don’t count on me to grow old with you. He already told you everything you needed to know, he’s success is his alone, but there’s no relationship, love, trust, loyalty there to even build anything on. So as a woman wtf else are you waiting for?

alien

📍outer space
VIP
it's bad. there is no need to have more than one wife. no need. if you truly love your wife you wouldn't want another one

A lot of women are going to have to resort to polygamy and there are many reasons why. More women exist than men and huge gender imbalance like look at what is happening in East Asia like china and japan. A lot of people are looking for marriage outside cause no one is marrying and the gov of Japan is literally paying couples to have babies and host marriage classes. Also, for the somali community there isn't enough quality men for the women, and most somali dudes are into polygamy. It's heavily practiced in our community, so it would be a total lie if you wouldn't think your somali husband wouldn't go and add another lady into the family 20+ years after marrying. It happens and personally I don't want to marry a man with a wife cause I don't want to deal with the stress of it and not having my husband around at nights and the first wife mistreating me.
Lol false premise. The whole there are more women the men is a total fallacy. Most of it is fear mongering drummed up by the Somali community to promote the whole scarcity agenda on women! The actually number of women to men in the world hovers around 49.6% women to 50.4% men or vice versa in Somalis. There are slightly more men than women in the world which is the contributing factor to the rapid rise of incels across all ethnicities. I personally know at least couple dozens Somali men who aren’t married but wish they could be. And few when they cant find any woman in the west go back home to get married, the rest remain single.

alien

📍outer space
VIP
you can't use East Asia as an example because we are talking about polygamy specifically in somalia

alien

📍outer space
VIP
What if he turns old and wants a young gazelle?

giphy.gif

There's actually more men than women in this world, many countries practice femicide

Stop tht there is alot quality somali mans for somali womans

As for the OP, the said farax will immediately be on my blacklist. I won't tolerate my hypothetical children having a part time father. I also don't like the idea of having to put in 100% in our relationship, while I only get a mere 50% from him. Also, polygamy creates poverty.

This is a question for women. Why am I seeing faraxs here, giving their unneeded input?