What are your parents favourite somali WORDS they use when they mad at you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol narnia.

I was joking about the hug and kiss thing, hopefully they do that everywhere. But people from jubboyinka in south Somalia tend to be soft spoken and in general less aggressive.

My mother is reer Hargeisa and she is always telling me how much she loves me and calls me hooyo macaan.

Odeg

Gedo
Its in general how the parents were brought up. If they heard alot of cay and demeaning things growing up then they are more likely treat their children in this way.

Gambar

VIP
Bro we come from the only place where Somalis are soft spoken and hug and kiss their children it seems. :yloezpe:
My dad is maskeen, my mom is aggressive but it's funny because it's just a tough exterior inside she's so maskeen. Sometimes I wonder how they even got together since she claims she hates sweet talks lol.

VixR

Veritas
Bullshit, waxaas waa isyelyel how can you have Somali parents and families and not know Somali
You must be joking kkkk

When you say know, do you mean understand, speak or know all the nifty words like that parents would teach?

I don't care how believable it is, or isnt. A year ago, I wouldn't have been able to make out the bold at all, and a lot of things still go over my head, or I can't make it out no matter bc it's completely new. I see myself improving in real time as far as reading goes. My accent isn't as bad as the worst I've seen, but my vocab is very limited. If I'm talking to a Somali, usually family in my case, I may throw in a Somali sentence or word, but I can't speak it in full without using 90% or higher English as a crutch. As a rule, understanding is highest form of language competence in people I see. But knowing extensive vocabulary, grammar and structure and having proper inunciation lacks in the general population (young).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending