What are you reading at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sanweyn14 sxb you can perfectly believe and advocate for nationalism and yet be a Muslims without any contradiction.

Let not these confused radical zealots in the west tell you that you can't! Turks are very religious and yet very nationalistic same with most arabs.

@Sanweyn14 sxb you can perfectly believe and advocate for nationalism and yet be a Muslims without any contradiction.

Let not these confused radical zealots tell you that you can't! Turkish are very religious and yet very nationalistic same with most arabs.
One thing that I do despise is wahabis, not saying @FSMDOA is one. When I went back home last summer I saw 4 year old in jilbaabs. If you Look at pictures of somalia 30/40 years ago and you see women with the option to have the hair out.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
I'll ask a clear cut question. If you could only donate to one,would you donate to Syria/Palestine over Somalia? Lol This site has possibly has turned me into a hardcore nationalist but I would choose the later evertime.

What I agree with from your points is we need allies in this world and our relationship with arab countries/turkey is the one of the few good things we've got going on atm. However the ummah is arab centric and as you said somalia doesn't recieve much attention, we have probably recieved more drought relief aid from the west than other Muslim countries. I don't know much about the mad mullah views but I agree with him on this. I'm in the confused agnostic/believing grey area where I'll either come out as a believer or a gaal. So My views about this topic could change completely.
Depends on which one needs it the most. Somalia is frequently ignored so I'd help them first. If Somalia were getting all the help it needed already I'd give the money elsewhere

Anyway, the Ummah is not Arab centric. It is an inherently Islamic concept. If there is a lack of attention given to Somalia by Muslims that is a burden upon their shoulders, and if Arabs try to hold a monopoly over the Ummah that is haram as well.

However, if you are an agnostic or gaal everything I said can be disregarded since it is based on Islamic teachings.

Let not these confused radical zealots in the west tell you that you can't! Turks are very religious and yet very nationalistic same with most arabs.
Oh, so saying something is haram is equivalent to calling you a kuffar? The belief in the concept of the Ummah as decreed by Allah makes me a makes me a Khawarij? Come on
:mjlol:

You are a Muslim as long as you avoid shirk, but what you are doing is haram. Stating that something is haram is not the same as passing takfir on someone, and nowhere in this conversation did I do so. For the umpeenth time, patriotism is compatible if Islam if it does not take precedence over the deen, which is what you are doing. As for the Turks, if they are nationalist yet believe in the concept of the Ummah, and they view Muslims worldwide as their brothers and sisters, that is fine. But if they look down on other Muslims and view themselves as Turk first, Muslim second, that is not ok. Again, what is haram is haram no matter how many people do it, so you might as well stop saying "what about the Arabs" because it's just as bad when they do it.

And again, you refused to perform Hajj, one of the most difficult pillars of Islam, because your hatred of Arabs. Don't you see anything wrong with that?

One thing that I do despise is wahabis, not saying @FSMDOA is one. When I went back home last summer I saw 4 year old in jilbaabs. If you Look at pictures of somalia 30/40 years ago and you see women with the option to have the hair out.
I am extremely against strict interpretations of the Quran and Islam as well. When you have countries that call themselves Islamic keeping their women out of school, forcing them to wear niqab, and supressing their rights as Muslim women, that is undeniably haram, not to mention disgusting. Forcing children to cover themselves at a young age is a hard sight to see as well. However I will admit I'm ambivalent about women showing their hair in older pictures of Somalia, though my reasons for feeling this way will derail this further.

Depends on which one needs it the most. Somalia is frequently ignored so I'd help them first. If Somalia were getting all the help it needed already I'd give the money elsewhere

Anyway, the Ummah is not Arab centric. It is an inherently Islamic concept. If there is a lack of attention given to Somalia by Muslims that is a burden upon their shoulders, and if Arabs try to hold a monopoly over the Ummah that is haram as well.

However, if you are an agnostic or gaal everything I said can be disregarded since it is based on Islamic teachings.

Oh, so saying something is haram is equivalent to calling you a kuffar? The belief in the concept of the Ummah as decreed by Allah makes me a makes me a Khawarij? Come on
:mjlol:

You are a Muslim as long as you avoid shirk, but what you are doing is haram. Stating that something is haram is not the same as passing takfir on someone, and nowhere in this conversation did I do so. For the umpeenth time, patriotism is compatible if Islam if it does not take precedence over the deen, which is what you are doing. As for the Turks, if they are nationalist yet believe in the concept of the Ummah, and they view Muslims worldwide as their brothers and sisters, that is fine. But if they look down on other Muslims and view themselves as Turk first, Muslim second, that is not ok. Again, what is haram is haram no matter how many people do it, so you might as well stop saying "what about the Arabs" because it's just as bad when they do it.

And again, you refused to perform Hajj, one of the most difficult pillars of Islam, because your hatred of Arabs. Don't you see anything wrong with that?

I am extremely against strict interpretations of the Quran and Islam as well. When you have countries that call themselves Islamic keeping their women out of school, forcing them to wear niqab, and supressing their rights as Muslim women, that is undeniably haram, not to mention disgusting. Forcing children to cover themselves at a young age is a hard sight to see as well. However I will admit I'm ambivalent about women showing their hair in older pictures of Somalia, though my reasons for feeling this way will derail this further.
This thread was derailed a long time ago lol, you do know 100s of years ago our nomadic woman barely wore hijabs. This is exactly the same thing we were talking about earlier, pitting islamic values against cultural pride. Also you have very Internet meme styled dp's, just thought I'd say that.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
This thread was derailed a long time ago lol, you do know 100s of years ago our nomadic woman barely wore hijabs. This is exactly the same thing we were talking about earlier, pitting islamic values against cultural pride. Also you have very Internet meme styled dp's, just thought I'd say that.
Like I said the issue of Somali women not wearing hijabs is something I'm ambivalent about, I'll leave it at that. And yeah I chose this DP because I thought it was funny lol

Nural Aiyn

Engaged to Ina-Libax-San-Ka-Tabte
IMG_1229.PNG

I'm currently reading the Quran since I was too busy during Ramadan :frdfvsb:...

51O5LjozmAL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Must read, The voice of Malcolm X is powerful, unbridled and simply heroic. I highly recommend everyone to read it.
97412.jpg

One of the books i'm currently reading. This shit is a goldmine of real shit that would help you do your best in life.
51EJNduSstL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I did not know Aristotelian virtue ethics is very influential in Islam. The cardinal virtues and all that was the bread-and-butter of Islamic ethics. There are some exceptions: al-Kindi's ethics were pretty Stoic, Fakhruddin Razi and ibn Taymiyya were consequentialists, and theologians were deontologists (early theology was proto-Kantian, later theology was Divine Command).

The Islamic philosopher, Avicenna, didn't write too much on ethics, but many other philosophers did, like Miskawayh, al-Ghazali, al-Tusi, al-Farabi, and Rhazes. Greek thinking is important to understanding all of them (specifically Aristotle, Galen, Plotinus, Socrates/Diogenes, and some Plato). It's a good read and gives you an understanding on how islamic philosophers thought about the world.

Wow, u have good taste in literature MA, I'll check out the Autobiography of Malik El-Shabazz. I was already planning on reading that last book u posted on Islamic Philosophy.
But I wonder, what's the difference that one and the one by Majid Fakhry
Items9ad6f305af0b403ca20eea46dff426b0.jpg

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
Wow, u have good taste in literature MA, I'll check out the Autobiography of Malik El-Shabazz. I was already planning on reading that last book u posted on Islamic Philosophy.
But I wonder, what's the difference that one and the one by Majid Fakhry
Items9ad6f305af0b403ca20eea46dff426b0.jpg
Most likely nothing that different

Just finished reading The Prince by niccolo machiavelli. Good read if you are intrested in those sort of things.

The next book on my list is The Essential Keynes by john maynard keynes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts