What are you reading at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
51O5LjozmAL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Must read, The voice of Malcolm X is powerful, unbridled and simply heroic. I highly recommend everyone to read it.
97412.jpg

One of the books i'm currently reading. This shit is a goldmine of real shit that would help you do your best in life.
51EJNduSstL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I did not know Aristotelian virtue ethics is very influential in Islam. The cardinal virtues and all that was the bread-and-butter of Islamic ethics. There are some exceptions: al-Kindi's ethics were pretty Stoic, Fakhruddin Razi and ibn Taymiyya were consequentialists, and theologians were deontologists (early theology was proto-Kantian, later theology was Divine Command).

The Islamic philosopher, Avicenna, didn't write too much on ethics, but many other philosophers did, like Miskawayh, al-Ghazali, al-Tusi, al-Farabi, and Rhazes. Greek thinking is important to understanding all of them (specifically Aristotle, Galen, Plotinus, Socrates/Diogenes, and some Plato). It's a good read and gives you an understanding on how islamic philosophers thought about the world.

You're hatred for black people is obsessive at this point. If you really hate them then why do you focus so much energy on them? Malcom was a good Muslim man there's no need to hate on him nacalaa
Dude for me first am Somali second am nationalist and only after then am i Muslim.. Islam for me has not not much value to me other than spirituality.

And he wa a Nation of Islam lol

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Dude for me first am Somali second am nationalist and only after then am i Muslim.. Islam for me has not not much value to me other than spirituality.

And he wa a Nation of Islam lol
Nationalism taking precedence over the deen is haram no matter how proud you are of it. Malcolm X converted to Sunni Islam after making Hajj. Need I remind you that you were the one given a Hajj travel package by your father but refused to go because you didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia?
:drakelaugh:
War ninyahow i have never liked Arabs but I remember last year my dad offered me package to hajj and I declined solely for my hatred for Saudis.

Nationalism taking precedence over the deen is haram no matter how proud you are of it. Malcolm X converted to Sunni Islam after making Hajj. Need I remind you that you were the one given a Hajj travel package by your father but refused to go because you didn't want to go to Saudi Arabia?
Where in the quran does it say nationalism is haram.

51O5LjozmAL._SX303_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Must read, The voice of Malcolm X is powerful, unbridled and simply heroic. I highly recommend everyone to read it.
97412.jpg

One of the books i'm currently reading. This shit is a goldmine of real shit that would help you do your best in life.
51EJNduSstL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I did not know Aristotelian virtue ethics is very influential in Islam. The cardinal virtues and all that was the bread-and-butter of Islamic ethics. There are some exceptions: al-Kindi's ethics were pretty Stoic, Fakhruddin Razi and ibn Taymiyya were consequentialists, and theologians were deontologists (early theology was proto-Kantian, later theology was Divine Command).

The Islamic philosopher, Avicenna, didn't write too much on ethics, but many other philosophers did, like Miskawayh, al-Ghazali, al-Tusi, al-Farabi, and Rhazes. Greek thinking is important to understanding all of them (specifically Aristotle, Galen, Plotinus, Socrates/Diogenes, and some Plato). It's a good read and gives you an understanding on how islamic philosophers thought about the world.
U still listen to jay z? I remember u quoting story of oj "real nigga, fake nigga, tall nigga, short nigga, still a nigga, OJ said I'm not black I'm OJ", ur not black ur Somali, stop with this self hatred yaro:ufdup:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Where in the quran does it say nationalism is haram.

Patriotism is not haram. However you said, and I quote

As for Quranic proof, here are these verses from Surah Imran (103-105)

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.

And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment.

This verse from Surah Anbya, ayat 92, which reinforces the concept of the Ummah

Indeed this, your Ummah, is one Ummah, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.

And more importantly, this verse from Surah Hujurat, ayat 13

O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.

So that we may KNOW one another, and one's greatness is not measured in their country of origin, their race, or ethnicity, it is through their worship of Allah.

Of course this isn't going to change your mind if our previous conversation is any indication, and again, patriotism is by no means haram if it doesn't take precedence over the deen but if you consider yourself better than everyone else just because you're Somali, or better yet, disavowing the privilege to make Hajj because of your hatred of Arabs, you have a lot of reconsideration to do.

Prophet Mohamed (SAW) cried when he was forced to leave Mecca and always called it the most beloved city to his heart.

Patriotism is not haram. However you said, and I quote

As for Quranic proof, here are these verses from Surah Imran (103-105)

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

If any that verse has confirmed then it has confirmed my point of nationalism a united somalia.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
If any that verse has confirmed then it has confirmed my point of nationalism a united somalia.
Look, you can support an united Somalia. You can fight tooth and nail for an improved and united Somalia. You can support Somali businesses, donate to charities helping Somalia, all of that. What you cannot do is put patriotism or nationalism in front of Islam, you can't look down on another Muslim on account of something they have no control over like their race and ethnicity, that's haram. The concept of supremacy of one's race or ethnicity amongst Muslims of all creeds is haram

Look, you can support an united Somalia. You can fight tooth and nail for an improved and united Somalia. You can support Somali businesses, donate to charities helping Somalia, all of that. What you cannot do is put patriotism or nationalism in front of Islam, you can't look down on another Muslim on account of something they have no control over like their race and ethnicity, that's haram. The concept of supremacy of one's race or ethnicity amongst Muslims of all creeds is haram
The why is it not haram in Mecca? Or does that only apply tot the none Arabs?

If nationalism serves the interest of my people the I don't see why they should pursue them.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
The why is it not haram in Mecca? Or does that only apply tot the none Arabs?

If nationalism serves the interest of my people the I don't see why they should pursue them.
It's completely haram for them too, at what point have I said that they're exempt? I've made clear by my posts on this website that I am critical of Saudi Arabia's governmental decisions that have resulted in the loss of lives and disruption of the wellbeing of numerous Muslims, whether they're bombing Yemen or banning Muslim refugees from entering their country, and I'm against the superiority that many Arabs hold over African and South Asian Muslims on the sole count of them being Arabs
:drakewtf:

Again, it is ok to support your country but to identify as a nationalist first and Muslim second, not to mention denoting Islam as nothing more than a "spiritual" thing, is impermissible

Last edited:
It's completely haram for them too, at what point have I said that they're exempt? I've made clear by my posts on this website that I am critical of Saudi Arabia's governmental decisions that have resulted in the loss of lives and disruption of the wellbeing of numerous Muslims, whether they're bombing Yemen or banning Muslim refugees from entering their country, and I'm against the superiority that many Arabs hold over African and South Asian Muslims
:drakewtf:

Again, it is ok to support your country but to identify as a nationalist first and Muslim second, not to mention denoting Islam as nothing more than a "spiritual" thing, is impermissible
As there is no current proper functioning ummah I put nationalism above all else. When other countries are benefiting from it and somalia is slumping at the bottom it doesn't make sense to me. I see it as helping yourself before helping others.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Because there is no current proper functioning ummah I put nationalism above all else. When other countries are benefiting from it and somalia is slumping at the bottom it doesn't make sense to me. I see it as helping yourself before helping others.
In that sense you're basically saying "no one else is doing it, therefore it's ok to do the same." What is decreed to be impermissible by Allah is still impermissible even if every single Muslim on earth were to partake in it. The Ummah in terms of a united state of Muslims is clearly fractured, there is no denying that, but it is still commanded upon us by Allah in the Quran to believe in it and to view a Muslim as your brother or sister, even if they don't.

There is also no denying the fact that Somalia is not given as much attention as other Muslim countries. Granted our situation is not as bad as Palestine, Yemen, or Syria, and cases such as the systemic crackdown against the Rohingya Muslims in Burma and Muslims in the Central Africa Republic, for example, are ignored just as well despite their severity. This is why we must work to strengthen the Ummah so that an attack on a Muslim or a Muslim being denied basic human rights is felt by all of us, regardless of where we're from.

Again, patriotism and the desire to support your people, especially in Somalia's case, is perfectly fine, and I encourage it, but when you act like TheMadMullah and consider yourself a Muslim second, that is haram. I don't know if you feel the same but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you put Islam first

In that sense you're basically saying "no one else is doing it, therefore it's ok to do the same." What is decreed to be impermissible by Allah is still impermissible even if every single Muslim on earth were to partake in it. The Ummah in terms of a united state of Muslims is clearly fractured, there is no denying that, but it is still commanded upon us by Allah in the Quran to believe in it and to view a Muslim as your brother or sister, even if they don't.

There is also no denying the fact that Somalia is not given as much attention as other Muslim countries. Granted our situation is not as bad as Palestine, Yemen, or Syria, and cases such as the systemic crackdown against the Rohingya Muslims in Burma and Muslims in the Central Africa Republic, for example, are ignored just as well despite their severity. This is why we must work to strengthen the Ummah so that an attack on a Muslim or a Muslim being denied basic human rights is felt by all of us, regardless of where we're from.

Again, patriotism and the desire to support your people, especially in Somalia's case, is perfectly fine, and I encourage it, but when you act like TheMadMullah and consider yourself a Muslim second, that is haram. I don't know if you feel the same but I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you put Islam first
I'll ask a clear cut question. If you could only donate to one,would you donate to Syria/Palestine over Somalia? Lol This site has possibly has turned me into a hardcore nationalist but I would choose the later every time.

What I agree with from your points is we need allies in this world and our relationship with arab countries/turkey is the one of the few good things we've got going on atm. However the ummah is arab centric and as you said somalia doesn't recieve much attention, we have probably recieved more drought relief aid from the west than other Muslim countries. I don't know much about the mad mullah views but I agree with him on this. I'm in the confused agnostic/believing grey area where I'll either come out as a believer or a gaal. So My views about this topic could change slightly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending