What are the ages of your Awooweyaasha?

Wonyluvr

“la vie en rose🥀 ~”
VIP
I would like to know the ages of your grandparents? What about the Somali diet aids them in their longevity?
My grandmother is still alive Alhamdulillah but I don’t know how old she is my mum is 50 and my grandmother gave birth like 3 kids before her so idk last child was born 1980

The large majority of y'all grandparents lived to the 90s. Why I asked this question is due to seeing the average American retire at the age of 65 and later pass away after ten years due to some illness. I think my Grandpa was born in the 19teens or 1920; he passed away in 2020 not from covid but from age, but my grandmother is still kicking alhamdulillah and she is nearly 100. One thing I noticed he used to do was nearly walk 5 miles a day, which helped him keep the weight off. He was extremely fixed for a guy his age, while the average American his age would bed ridden or in a wheelchair. Also, he was fully there due to keeping his mind busy by reading the Quran all the time.

My paternal grandfather died recently in October, may Allāh be pleased with him. He was 91. Born in 1932.

My maternal grandad is still living and in his early 80s.

I never met my maternal grandfather since he died while my mum was young, but my paternal grandfather died last year at 99. My grandmothers are still alive and they’re in their 90s

Grandmothers family from my fathers side all live to 100 and beyond. My grandmother died at 101 in 2022 and her brother is 97 and still looks healthy and young. He could easily pass for a 60 to 70 year and his memory is astounding.

I think it is genetics along with a cleaner environment. They are all still either living in tuulo or baadiye.

Trending