Weird Somalis

Jungle

VIP
What if your most generous, understanding, reliable and transparent friends are largely ajnabi?

I get along best with Somalis that didn't grow up around other Somalis. :francis: Or those that keep a low profile which are under the radar.
:urgh: sound a hell of alot like them girls that a go a city over to get up to some shenanigans.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:urgh: sound a hell of alot like them girls that a go a city over to get up to some shenanigans.

Nope. Not everyone is a debauched individual. As much as you'd like that to be so. I don't travel for anything beyond work.

What I look for in friends:

-Reliability
-Recipocity
-Honesty
-Empathy
- Similar intellectual interests

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
Don’t know about yall but I don‘t make friends based on ethnicity, ma ciyaal baan ahay? I make friends based on the qualities of a person

Only few close level headed somali friends who speak fluent swedish. But never ditched a Somali when i see them alone. My somali friends cant even speak AF somali sometimes i Come of weird to people who have arived recently or people who just häng out with Somalis.
From my experieance Somalis fake religion and they snitch on you to other somali when they see you doing something haram like go to a club and few weeks låter you meet them hoocking upp with a girl you introduced him too. Too much gossip wallahi.

I use to distance myself from somalis because a lot of somalis are apportunists they'll try to take advantage of you if the see the smallest chance to. They're also very gossipy and very intrusive I dont blame them.If you want somalis move to somalia. Easy. It is easier to mingle with somalis when you have kids otherwise they're toxic.

Nope. Not everyone is a debauched individual. As much as you'd like that to be so. I don't travel for anything beyond work.

What I look for in friends:

-Reliability
-Recipocity
-Honesty
-Empathy
- Similar intellectual interests

april 3rd 2022 right around the corner macaantay :mjhaps::mjswag:
we gonna have a 2 year long honeymoon and travel the world :lawd:

but before that :russsmug:

somalia-wedding-taarifa.jpg

I use to distance myself from somalis because a lot of somalis are apportunists they'll try to take advantage of you if the see the smallest chance to. They're also very gossipy and very intrusive I dont blame them.If you want somalis move to somalia. Easy. It is easier to mingle with somalis when you have kids otherwise they're toxic.
Who do u hang out with?

You have to pick wisely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shmurda

King Of NSFW
There's no malis in my village in the tundra, and nigga been in shaking it rough :mjcry:
this last year of my contract, never again, i need my beoble :kendrickcry:
Miskeen wallahi ion blame u tho cuz there's no malis up north it'd only be a problem if you don't have any mali friends in Edmonton

Who do u hang out with?

You have to pick wisely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I had a lot of somali friends then went through a phase of distancing myself from them. They're still toxic i am too grown to entertain drama now i can deal with with it now i guess its called adulting lol. Alhamdulilah the few close friends now are have great.o don't really care for having a lot of friends anyway

Miskeen wallahi ion blame u tho cuz there's no malis up north it'd only be a problem if you don't have any mali friends in Edmonton

1st year was a shock to the system, 2nd year I adjusted, 3rd year which is now, I keep reminding myself this the final lap. Shiiit even my work email password is finalLap1! :pachah1:

I was looking forward to summer, the day after I came back in late august :mjcry:

I got a big ass calendar on my fridge and I smile and :ahh:every day I cross off :mjlol:

Somalis who did not grew up with other somalis tend to be little whitewashed or just different. Nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the fact that these people try distance themselves from other somalis. They should keep in mind that there are somalis who could be their friend and fit their values and worldview. Be openminded.

My city is dense so those somalis who did not live in somali areas would meet them at high school and dugsi.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Somalis who did not grew up with other somalis tend to be little whitewashed or just different. Nothing wrong with that. The problem lies in the fact that these people try distance themselves from other somalis. They should keep in mind that there are somalis who could be their friend and fit their values and worldview. Be openminded.

My city is dense so those somalis who did not live in somali areas would meet them at high school and dugsi.

If I'm being honest I think I'm a little 'white-washed'. It's b*llshit, but I can understand why some Somalis might perceive me that way over superficial reasons.

I grew up in a place with very few Somalis and ended up living in a Somali hub in the UK for a while. I strongly disagree that those Somalis are the ones that distance themselves from other Somalis and walk around with a complex. No word of a lie, from my experience Somalis that are out in the deep end are great people. They have held on to the the best parts of Somalinimo. They're hospitable, honorable and treat each other like real family. From adults to young children. I spent YEARS in school eating off the name one Somali kid made for himself. I had never conceived the idea that Somalis had any kind of disdain for one another.

Our parents instilled us with a sense of pride in being Somali that in hindsight may not have been warranted.

By far and large, the biggest critics and self-haters are mentally fragile Somalis from inner-city communities.

If I'm being honest I think I'm a little 'white-washed'. It's b*llshit, but I can understand why some Somalis might perceive me that way over superficial reasons.

I grew up in a place with very few Somalis and ended up living in a Somali hub in the UK for a while. I strongly disagree that those Somalis are the ones that distance themselves from other Somalis and walk around with a complex. No word of a lie, from my experience Somalis that are out in the deep end are great people. They have held on to the the best parts of Somalinimo. They're hospitable, honorable and treat each other like real family. From adults to young children. I spent YEARS in school eating off the name one Somali kid made for himself. I had never conceived the idea that Somalis had any kind of disdain for one another.

Our parents instilled us with a sense of pride in being Somali that in hindsight may not have been warranted.

By far and large, the biggest critics and self-haters are mentally fragile Somalis from inner-city communities.

I agree bro. I lived majority of my life in a neighbourhood which had virtually no somalis. I have had same experience as you. Many somalis who did not grew with other somalis exhibit many qualities that those who grew with other somalis don’t.

The thing is some of these people try to make somali friends but they get rejected or they get judged for being ” different”. It is not their fault but they shouldn’t distance themselves from other somalis because of negative experiences or stereotypes.

Am I the only one that’s skeptical when I meet a somali with 0 somali friends? Kinda sketchy but I feel like these type of Somalis suffer from some sort of internalised self hate. I’m excluding Somalis that didn’t grow up in a Somali area from this but it seems like these type of Somalis will make blatant attempts to distance themselves from somali people.
I don’t have Somali friends not that I hate them. I can’t relate to them. My friends are other Africans or White.

Imma be real other Somalis remind me too much of my family. I’m trying to avoid that.

salma saluuni

For the thrill💃🏽
I don’t have Somali friends not that I hate them. I can’t relate to them. My friends are other Africans or White.

Imma be real other Somalis remind me too much of my family. I’m trying to avoid that.
I was like that too. But you have to understand not all Somalis are the same. You can find Somalis that are like minded like you are.

Trending