Weird interactions with ajnabi men?

So this was inspired by a thread I saw on a black woman blog and it talked about how madow/African women are received when they don’t fit that stereotypical mold.

Of course we live in the diaspora so regardless we are seen as madow by ajnabis unless you live in a city with a lot of Somalis like Minnesota or London.

I don’t wear hijab but I don’t interact with men, I ignore them and mainly have tunnel vision or I’m distant which can cause hostility in the workplace because they expect me to kiss their ass.

I went to New York last week and had an caadan guy especially who got really offended when you don’t take the bait. Idk I just feel like I’ve had alot of encounters with ajnabi men where they expect me to be an easy pickup and then are suprised and offended when they get ignored.. It honestly pisses me off how entitled they are.

Any ladies have similar experiences?

Last edited:

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
So this was inspired by a thread I saw on a black woman blog and it talked about how madow/African women are received when they don’t fit that stereotypical mold which most Somali girls don’t.

Of course we live in the diaspora so regardless we are seen as madow by ajnabis unless you live in a city with a lot of Somalis like Minnesota or London.

I don’t wear hijab but I’m still very conservative especially when it comes to men (partially due to trauma lol) I ignore them and mainly have tunnel vision or I’m distant which can cause hostility in the workplace because they expect me to kiss their ass.

I went to New York last week and had an caadan guy especially who got really offended when you don’t take the bait. Idk I just feel like I’ve had alot of encounters with ajnabi men where they expect me to be an easy pickup and then are suprised and offended when they get ignored.. It honestly pisses me off how entitled they are.

Any ladies have similar experiences?
“When black women are received when they don’t fit the stereotypically mold that most Somali girls don’t” ????????

“When black women are received when they don’t fit the stereotypically mold that most Somali girls don’t” ????????

A Somali women posting on Womens den:

The people who respond:

Angel Bbnaija GIF by Big Brother Naija

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Loool bruh it's because ajnabis think y'all are acting just like gaalo and expect most of y'all to be as easy as regular gaal chicks.

Just realized this was women's den :dead:

I'll be a bit more useful than the niggas above. Here's a reddit thread from r/xsomalian about xalimos talking about harassment they've gotten from non somali men. You might like this thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/XSomalian/s/2oNIjBqAtx

Getting fetishized honestly makes y'all's your situation even worse.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
It happened a little when I had the hijab too but by Muslim men. This seems to be a sick universal mindset and I’ve lived with other ethnicities madow girls aren’t that even that bad.

First time I witnessed catcalling was in high school. These madow niggas I was hooping with started lecturing me and my friends about learning how to chase women when we were young.

Mid speech this grown ass nigga saw this lightskin chick jogging past us and started cat calling :jaynerd: . I was shocked and disturbed. I was like 16 at the time and never witnessed a nigga just openly act this Barbaric wallahi I was shook :mugshotman::faysalwtf:

That wasn't the last time I witnessed that behavior either. Honestly a lot of niggas are willing to catcall and shoot their shots at women they find attractive. It's normalized in certain areas and communities. I never noticed this until I started hanging out with Madows and Hispanics more often.

"It happened a little when I had the hijab too but by Muslim men"

Can you tell me which type of Muslim men have harassed you?? Young? Old? Ethnicities??? Which ones harassed you the most as well??

Most of the young ones I grew up around were religious miskeen niggas

Last edited:
muslim men have harassed you?? Young? Old? Ethnicities??? Which ones harassed you the most as well??

Most of the young ones I grew up around were religious miskeen niggas
No it wasn’t harassment but I had old arab guys who would hit on me when I wore hijab 🤢 a common misconception is that hijab protects you from mens advances lol it doesn’t

Mudug_gyal

بما يرضي الله Feminist
Its the one sided obsession for me. They’re so overfamiliar with somalis. They catcall me saying naya like wtf 😬 movin to me but I dont like them

No it wasn’t harassment but I had old arab guys who would hit on me when I wore hijab 🤢 a common misconception is that hijab protects you from mens advances lol it doesn’t
Yeah its a cold fact that a lot of people dont wanna face, theres a segment of muslims and non muslims who see it as a sign of weakness to be taken adv of. thinking the women wont bring it up because of the associated stigma, victim blaming concerns if the assaulter has power, and just plain blaming themselves.

The hijabi who kisses a guy and then the guy forces escalation, muslim men are gonna struggle to sympathize and protect them. Facts or no? Not her family necessarily, but the wider community? Absolutely

Its Gross , and im not sure what the solution is but need to be aware if its to be combated

Trending

Latest posts