Wedding Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Atiya

I think it's semi-acceptable at a women's only bridal party, but doing niiko at a mixed wedding (with the men participating) is disgusting and not part of our culture.:ririwtf:
I've never seen men participating in niko except for like once and the were just grooving to the songs not shaking their hips or dancing with females. So I can't even comment on that.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
And so begins the antecedents of the dancehall dutty wind being accepted as Somali culture and spreading like wild fire at a mixed Somali wedding venue near you. :win:

Insert the Somali Justice League to save the day. :superman: We are greatly opposed to this.

remind me of when my mum told me about some reer xamar mixed wedding
the father of the bride did nikko to his daughter:damn:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
I, as a member of the Somali Baan Ahay delegation, denounce and reject niiko at our weddings. We will not allow this to infiltrate our culture.

1391126_699715433459537_1848289981_a.jpg

remind me of when my mum told me about some reer xamar mixed wedding
the father of the bride did nikko to his daughter:damn:
:what::umwhat::snoop:
if i was marring her i would have slapped her father and divorced her on the spot we dont let thing like that fly where i'm from

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Reer xamar like them Swahili niggas or regular Somalis from xamar?

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
:hova:

Fuckin degenerates.

We need to send these Bantu nikkas back before niggas start eatin plantains and wearin kente cloth

They are 100% Somali by dhiig but the dhaqan has been partly infiltrated by borrowing from a different cultural/ethnic group, not for the better but the worse. You can call it acculturation but normally cultural borrowing happens among people who are occupied by a major population, rarely does this occur with a minority having major sway via a cultural dance.

If people want to do some pop cultural dance, that's fine. Do the whip/naenae if you choose. However, it's extremely inappropriate to grind at a wedding party. It's not a club. There are ayeeyos around. The grooms family frowned upon this and will be editing it out of the wedding video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending