We will make Mozambique rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AgDevCo Invests $1.5m to Rehabilitate Banana Plantation in Mozambique

THERE GOES 5% of our GDP to Mozambique.:liberaltears:

f4a580f3fe063a7d8a2720fb683d0788--ethnic-comfort-foods.jpg

Agribusiness project developer AgDev Co has partnered with a group of experienced Mozambican investors known as Nika to rehabilitate Citrum SA, a banana plantation in the country in a bid to increase its hectares and yields.

Citrum farms which currently produce various citrus fruits and the banana plantation will be rehabilitated to make the banana its main focus.

“I believe in the success of this investment because there is a growing

market close to us, an experienced team managing the business and the two farms have very good growing conditions for bananas,” said Arnaldo Ribeiro, Nika Director.

The banana produce will be sold in the local market and exported to South Africa.

AgDevCo’s Mozambique Country Director Rui Sant’ana expressed the organization’s pleasure at partnering with Nika in developing Citrum and confirmed its commitment to making the investment work.

He added, “We believe that it will become a flagship project and encourage more local investors into the commercial agriculture sector.”

AgDevCo leverages financing from the UK Government through DFID to invest in agricultural SMEs and new agribusiness ventures in Africa.

It recently invested $450, 000 in Ugandan milling business Talian Company and $225, 000 in Tanzania’s poultry sector.

http://footprint2africa.com/topics/...Feed:+FootprintToAfrica+(Footprint+to+Africa)

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
AgDevCo Invests $1.5m to Rehabilitate Banana Plantation in Mozambique

THERE GOES 5% of our GDP to Mozambique.:liberaltears:

f4a580f3fe063a7d8a2720fb683d0788--ethnic-comfort-foods.jpg

Agribusiness project developer AgDev Co has partnered with a group of experienced Mozambican investors known as Nika to rehabilitate Citrum SA, a banana plantation in the country in a bid to increase its hectares and yields.

Citrum farms which currently produce various citrus fruits and the banana plantation will be rehabilitated to make the banana its main focus.

“I believe in the success of this investment because there is a growing

market close to us, an experienced team managing the business and the two farms have very good growing conditions for bananas,” said Arnaldo Ribeiro, Nika Director.

The banana produce will be sold in the local market and exported to South Africa.

AgDevCo’s Mozambique Country Director Rui Sant’ana expressed the organization’s pleasure at partnering with Nika in developing Citrum and confirmed its commitment to making the investment work.

He added, “We believe that it will become a flagship project and encourage more local investors into the commercial agriculture sector.”

AgDevCo leverages financing from the UK Government through DFID to invest in agricultural SMEs and new agribusiness ventures in Africa.

It recently invested $450, 000 in Ugandan milling business Talian Company and $225, 000 in Tanzania’s poultry sector.

http://footprint2africa.com/topics/investment/agdevco-invests-1-5m-rehabilitate-banana-plantation-mozambique/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+FootprintToAfrica+(Footprint+to+Africa)

Back in the day it was us who were being made rich by Mozambique's gold mines in the 16th century. Now politicians are squabbling amongst each other instead of focusing on development or crushing Al Shabaab or Somaliland (who are laughing at us now).

Oh how the world has changed

Another L for Somalia. :snoop:

Back in the day it was us who were being made rich by Mozambique's gold mines in the 16th century. Now politicians are squabbling amongst each other instead of focusing on development or crushing Al Shabaab or Somaliland (who are laughing at us now).

Oh how the world has changed

Another L for Somalia. :snoop:

See how you just went after Somaliland.

Chasing the squirrel is a national sport in Somalia.

I wish Puntland was in Jubbaland sometimes.

Can people switch gobols?

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
See how you just went after Somaliland.

Chasing the squirrel is a national sport in Somalia.

I wish Puntland was in Jubbaland sometimes.

Can people switch gobols?

I'm only going after Somaliland because they want independence. I wouldn't mind if they were a gobol, but they don't want that.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
It's probably for the best. Unless you want Somalia to be a banana republic again :icon lol:
yeah but we really should develop our agriculture industry, can't talk about industrialization when people are hungry

maestro

Cultural revolution
This makes sense and I welcome it. Instead of investing anywhere else I'd rather Somalis invest closer to home. Plus there are more opportunities for long term florishing and growth of your company in Mozambique because of an emerging economy and peaceful stable country. You can only dream of such thing in shithole Somalia where your life is a gamble.

We open companies for some coins not out of pity or patriotism. If Somalia is not suitable for business then it will be abandoned for a more suitable one. In this case Mozambique > Somalia

yeah but we really should develop our agriculture industry, can't talk about industrialization when people are hungry
You're right but bananas won't feed a nation.

It's better to focus on growing food staples (rice, grain, sorghum etc.)

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
You're right but bananas won't feed a nation.

It's better to focus on growing food staples (rice, grain, sorghum etc.)
Diversity would be excellent, better to rely on one self than on others

So you want Somaliland to be independent?

Weren't they for 5 days?

Somalia had independent state/sultanates for centuries. Did you have records of people crying for unified states back then?

Why do people have amnesia when someone wants to get independence?

Personally I only recognize pre-colonial borders of Somalia. Those lines were drawn by blood from Somali merchants.

Do you know what Somalia would look like today if Migiurtinia and Somaliland got independence like Djibouti?

you southerners have the best agricultural land. s/land is dry and desert. why can't you focus on old italia somalia instead of whining about s/land? you have amison soldiers, UN food supplies, foodstamp handout from international community yet you can't make your southern area stable. what a bunch of incompetents.

s/land is independent and will never join italia somalia again. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending