We Should Blame Hollywood, not Barkhad Abdi.

America is scarily obsessed with Somalis, and what's crazy is the somali american population is no more than 50k all situated in small tuulos like minneapolis colombus and seattle yet they make it seem we are in the millions they want everyone to hate us yet don't comprehend we barely exist in America so there agenda ain't really working.

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
America is scarily obsessed with Somalis, and what's crazy is the somali american population is no more than 50k all situated in small tuulos like minneapolis colombus and seattle yet they make it seem we are in the millions they want everyone to hate us yet don't comprehend we barely exist in America so there agenda ain't really working.

Yh, something seems amiss.
Also these "jokes" to depict our community as barbaric and violent is a cause for concern. Not only is this portrayal inaccurate but also harmful to our image which I think is their end goal.

give a dog a bad name..

Yh, something seems amiss.
Also these "jokes" to depict our community as barbaric and violent is a cause for concern. Not only is this portrayal inaccurate but also harmful to our image which I think is their end goal.

give a dog a bad name..
If it wasn't for piracy or ilhan omar they wouldn't be down our necks tbh, but it is very concerning they don't do this to mexicans that are coming to america in the millions illegaly. But seriously what more can they do to harm our image is boring and repetitive they need to understand other than minneapolis no one knows how we look so how can random target us if that's their end goal and we know reer mn are savages and will let no one overcome them

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
Conversely, I remember watching Black Hawk Down with my father. It was hilarious seeing all the "Somalis" being played by Bantus

Conversely, I remember watching Black Hawk Down with my father. It was hilarious seeing all the "Somalis" being played by Bantus
I remember the first time watching Black Hawk Down as a kid, and I had a strange culture shock. I did not recognize myself with the casting at all. That was the first time I saw Mogadishu, so I was confused.

It speaks to how Hollywood believes the West African is the correct phenotype for portraying violence. I uncovered a new level of hidden racism right now.

Captain Phillips was an exception, and even then, they picked brothers that looked a bit out of the norm.

Shout out to Barkhad Abdi. I never spoke ill about his appearance, unlike how many lost their minds on this forum.

I remember the first time watching Black Hawk Down as a kid, and I had a strange culture shock. I did not recognize myself with the casting at all. That was the first time I saw Mogadishu, so I was confused.

It speaks to how Hollywood believes the West African is the correct phenotype for portraying violence. I uncovered a new level of hidden racism right now.

Captain Phillips was an exception, and even then, they picked brothers that looked a bit out of the norm.

Shout out to Barkhad Abdi. I never spoke ill about his appearance, unlike how many lost their minds on this forum.
I don't agree with anyone speaking ill of him it's haram as we are degrading Allah creation especially to a person that hasn't done any harm, however we can't ignore the damage the man caused in terms of our appearance and brain dead Americans thinking this is how all somalis look Barkhad Abdi is simply our 9/11

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier

1685894464307.png

Did they edit his Wiki page to deflect?

I don't agree with anyone speaking ill of him it's haram as we are degrading Allah creation especially to a person that hasn't done any harm, however we can't ignore the damage the man caused in terms of our appearance and brain dead Americans thinking this is how all somalis look Barkhad Abdi is simply our 9/11
So, for him, only wanting to get a job should have the self-awareness that he was too ugly to represent "pirates" in a movie? That's an unreasonable demand. My opinion is that Somalis, no matter how good looking not cast themselves in such films, but this comment of yours shows a vain based preference. You should blame the people who cast him; they picked him out, not blame Barkhad for simply looking how he looks.

Last edited:
So, for him, only wanting to get a job should have the self-awareness that he was too ugly to represent "pirates" in a movie? That's an unreasonable demand. My opinion is that Somalis no matter how good looking not cast themselves in such films, but this comment of yours shows a vain based preference. You should blame the people who cast him; they picked them out not Barkhad for simply looking how he looks.
I'm sure he knows his looks would have got people to mock him he's not stupid and guess what he didn't care he knew what he got himself into so you can only blame him self obviously Hollywood would try their best to cast an ugly duckling but if most somali men had self awareness they would have recruited an ordinary looking somali man and give up.

So, for him, only wanting to get a job should have the self-awareness that he was too ugly to represent "pirates" in a movie? That's an unreasonable demand. My opinion is that Somalis, no matter how good looking not cast themselves in such films, but this comment of yours shows a vain based preference. You should blame the people who cast him; they picked him out, not blame Barkhad for simply looking how he looks.
they picked him with an agenda in mind

I'm sure he knows his looks would have got people to mock him he's not stupid and guess what he didn't care he knew what he got himself into so you can only blame him self obviously Hollywood would try their best to cast an ugly duckling but if most somali men had self awareness they would have recruited an ordinary looking somali man and give up.
I have to remind the readers, you just said a couple of posts ago that southerners need to mix out with Turkish for looking how they do. Chill with the phenotype thing.:dead:

His fellow Somali costars were quite handsome in my opinion. You should calm down

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
No homo but Barkhad only has bad teeth, his facial structure is not ugly. One little trip to the dentist is needed.

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
In the french trailer, one of the actors playing a Somali guy say in French « don’t ever go to Somalis »

:dead: