We need to supply the youth with more activities

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Speaking as someone who grew up in one of the worst neighbourhoods in the city, kids fall into crime cause they don’t have anything else to do or anywhere else to turn to. The boys have soccer, but even that isn’t that organized. The girls have nothing.

If you want to partake in activities you have to do it through school, and if you don’t get in, well, sucks for you. Other times, you have to pay a lot of money to sign up for private clubs and teams, equipment, etc. Not everyone can afford it or access it. I think we need to give back to the community as somalis and organize activities for everyone. We owe it to the future generations to make sure they’re right and all. If you know a skill (art, writing, sports, welding, martial arts, mechanics, etc) maybe try to get involved in the community or teach a class? That’s my 2 cents :salute:

Speaking as someone who grew up in one of the worst neighbourhoods in the city, kids fall into crime cause they don’t have anything else to do or anywhere else to turn to. The boys have soccer, but even that isn’t that organized. The girls have nothing.

If you want to partake in activities you have to do it through school, and if you don’t get in, well, sucks for you. Other times, you have to pay a lot of money to sign up for private clubs and teams, equipment, etc. Not everyone can afford it or access it. I think we need to give back to the community as somalis and organize activities for everyone. We owe it to the future generations to make sure they’re right and all. If you know a skill (art, writing, sports, welding, martial arts, mechanics, etc) maybe try to get involved in the community or teach a class? That’s my 2 cents :salute:
teaching classes n shit dont work no more, they see one person do it they wanna do it too. most of these fun things dont appeal as fun anymore, erry body wanna be a gangbanger and shoot shit

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
teaching classes n shit dont work no more, they see one person do it they wanna do it too. most of these fun things dont appeal as fun anymore, erry body wanna be a gangbanger and shoot shit
that’s the thing, you gotta start it off early. people my age probably are lost causes, sadly. But the kids who are like 5-12 are still impressionable.

Trending