We need bride kidnapping like in blessed Kyrgyzstan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOMALIKNIGHT

Golan Heights belong to Syria
Has anyone seen the Vice documentary of men kidnapping their brides in Kyrgyzstan? Its a very old tradition that dates back to the founding of the Kyrgyz people. Can you imagine getting rid of the culture that dates the founding of your ethnic group to please the Christian infidels in the West?

I heard this used to be a Somali tradition before colonization. Why did it disappear? Was it rid of to please the colonizers?

You have reached the limit in masculinity when you kidnap your bride.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reer baadiyo would do this.. but she'd be consenting.
He'd take her to another village secretly and find a sheikh and witnesses to consummate the marriage. He'd then apologize to the family, after marrying her and give them presents.

Has anyone seen the Vice documentary of men kidnapping their brides in Kyrgyzstan? Its a very old tradition that dates back to the founding of the Kyrgyz people. Can you imagine getting rid of the culture that dates the founding of your ethnic group to please the Christian infidels in the West?

I heard this used to be a Somali tradition before colonization. Why did it disappear? Was it rid of to please the colonizers?

You have reached the limit in masculinity when you kidnap your bride.

sounds gay.

My Geeljire cousin did this in 2016 wallahi :drakelaugh:. Now he and his wife are chilling in Ceerigaabo they were Reer Burco at first but he found some work making little bit more of money better than nothing

I thought he was talking bout some ancient shit illeeen this stuff still happens regularly it’s usually between pretty young adults maybe like age 19 - 22 in age

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Thats not kidnapping. That is called eloping. When the groom knows he wont get permission to marry, he elopes with her in the name of love. It happened to my grand mother. God rest her soul. She brought us an isaaq grand father (God rest his soul)

Last edited:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Bridal kidnapping is actual kidnapping. You guys are thinking of eloping.
Thats not kidnapping. That is called eloping. When the groom knows he wont get permission to marry, he elopes with her in the name of love. It happened to my grand mother. God rest her soul. She brought us an isaaq grand father
Eedo Basra teaching these kids English again.
:siilaanyolaugh:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
wow that is horrible practice, what in the world..like the girl can pause her tv show to grab some snack from the corner store and then she gets kidnapped forever SMH

please respect peoples privacy and don't kidnap people, its not only wrong but it's against the law too. :)

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Somali nomads never did bridal kidnapping like they do in Kyrgyzstan where it's normal. It was a rare event that led to family feuds. There's even a legend that one of Farah Shirwac's daughters was kidnapped for marriage and her brothers had to rescue her. They killed the kidnappers iirc.

I think you guys are all talking about eloping because I have never heard of bridal kidnapping being apart of our culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.