We MUST talk about Dugsi abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my macaalins had a strong dislike for me in particular and used to always hit me and humiliate me in front of the whole class.

Last edited:
this overweight kid use to fail almost every week as punishment macalin made him take off his shirt infront of the class :jcoleno: felt bad even though i laughed at the time,

One of my macaalins had a strong dislike for me in particular and used to always hit me and humiliate me in front of the whole class.

@911

Was it back home? If it’s in the diaspora, chances are he’s still practicing his cruelty and antics towards helpless children and expose him. Install cameras in his dugsi secretly.

For those that are defending kids being beat up badly, where does it say this in the Quraan or hadiths.

This is not Islamically endorsed, stop dragging the deen into this.

This is a serious problem that's affecting Somali kids and their mental health. Majority of Dugsis are extremely violent and promote extremism. They beat the shit out of kids as young as 12 and use belts to slap them in their faces, if they did minuscule things such as dropping pencils, having the white part of your nail uncut, or having your hair bun above your ear.

Thankfully I never experienced this, but in Dugsi I saw many kids being beaten over the littlest things. Glad my parents got me out of it while I was still very little.
I agree.as well as Somali mosques in general because kids are embarrassed and judge there specially if they're already on edge.

Parents must be able to teach their children the basic tenets of Islam at home at a young age. This is why I believe one parent needs to be home full-time or most of the time.

In this day and age, you cannot trust a stranger to teach your children Islam. A stranger that can fill their head with fear instead of faith. Thoughts of hellfire instead of heaven. Or worse, indoctrinate them.....

Please educate yourself before you have children so that some unhinged bully does not disturb your children.

Alhamdulilah for my parents, I went to dugsi but they taught me a lot at home.

Cityviews

The Prodigy
I was never abused or beaten at any Dugsi/Madrassa/Malcamid, neither were my siblings.

Experiences may vary on this one, but when people talk about it I just feel lost. I know that if I was young witnesses abuse I would have reported it/spoken up so at least theirs that.

Nin-culus

Laandheer
Now this is something I went through as well. Them niggas use to take out all the built up sexual frustration & tahriib out on us.

SomaliSteel

No dictator can imprison a population forever.
"beat the shit out of"

Spoken like a woman who has never been in a fight, you have no idea what that means.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
What kind of dugsi did you guys go to... My mom took me to a 60 year old Somali women's dugsi and she was very kind. Her husband was the Imam of our local mosque and he would join in every now and then but no one would ever get abused. She would give us milk, cookies, juice, candy and throw party for all her students in the summer.

I went to dugsi for a few years but I’ve always had a terrible memory and got beat 24/7 with a stick or a wire for constantly forgetting the ayas I was supposed to be memorising. In the end, my parents took me out of dugsi and taught me calmly and respectfully at home as they realised being beat up for simply being a forgetful child wouldn’t exactly make me into a good Muslim.

And I agree with everything @Finesse said. You can’t trust people with the Deen nowadays. Don’t let your children grow up to hate or fear Islam at the hands of uneducated extremist despots posing as an enlightened sheikh. Educate yourselves and teach your kids the beautiful side of Islam.

And the people defending child abuse here should never have kids. Beatings aren’t the only way to discipline a child. And any educated person knows that if you always put down and beat a child, they’ll grow up into resentful and hateful adults with no sense of direction or purpose in life. Raise your kids with love and hope, not fear and anxiety.

My Macalin use to come to my house and the Somalis around my road use to come as well. Before he entered the guri he used to collect get an ul from the bushes out front. When we told our parents they said good that's what happened to us back home like...:O27GWRK:It got to the point where my one of sisters started wearing multiple socks and two trackies underneath her abaayo when she got hit when she forgot her ashaar. Ngl we all look back at those days and laugh about the things we use to do behind Macalin's back or how my little sister use to say she's going toilet and never coming back etc.

Let's not dump the baby out with the bath-water people. Pain can be a great motivator. Remember pain =/ abuse. There's a difference between a bare-knuckle rumble and a belt across your hand.

Our Prophet (SAW) would be strained whenever revelations would be revealed to him - described as face turning red, sweating, and his body getting heavier. The Qur'an is sacred text, and juvenile/careless behaviour should not be tolerated when teaching it.

It has to be burned into your psyche - and either you'll motivate yourself for that or the macalin/parents will.

But being who were are, we've taken discipline to its extreme. Teachers should not take their frustrations out on their students, which seems to be the case in a lot of dugsis.

Punishment should be meted out as a consequence for bad behaviour, and should be exclusively physical (so no humiliation), fair and systematic (no favouring), and consistent i.e. no cashar = 3 cane hits, talking/lateness = 1, etc. Not choke-slamming into table one day, painful power-poses the next.

images

A_A

Islamic Fanfiction Writer
What kind of dugsi did you guys go to... My mom took me to a 60 year old Somali women's dugsi and she was very kind. Her husband was the Imam of our local mosque and he would join in every now and then but no one would ever get abused. She would give us milk, cookies, juice, candy and throw party for all her students in the summer.
You went to a nice ass dugsi, I’d be lucky if I ate.:mjkkk:

Luckily I never went to one of those crazy dugsis. The one I went to the worse was the macalin would throw his hat at who ever wasn’t paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts