We have to unite

I'm sick of seeing Somali assimilation. Okay, don't get me wrong, i don't mean willful assimilation. Somalis are incredibly good at keeping their religion, their morals and their traditions intact. (Idc about exceptions)

But for some reason, there's a sort of ''unwillful'' assimilation happening, innit? younger Somalis forgetting the Somali language, and moving away from the heritage they themselves love.

And the funny thing is that many of these younger kids who are unable to speak proper Somali, are Somali nationalists, and love their culture, but just doesn't know how to *express* it.

Insha Allah, if Allah helps me with this, i'm going to found a Somali organization, idk what to call it, but some kind of culture-preserving institution. It can also be good for people who wants to return to the homeland, but wants to freshen their identity up.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
At least their country exist :childplease:
It's a complete waste of time it's not like any of them are returning to Somalia it's probably not even their country of birth. It seems like a weird preoccupation to me to be a nationalist from abroad that goes for anyone Somaliland etc.

It's a complete waste of time it's not like any of them are returning to Somalia it's probably not even their country of birth. It seems like a weird preoccupation to me to be a nationalist from abroad that goes for anyone Somaliland etc.

Most diaspora nationalists intend to work, get the cash, and then return wealthy to Somalia to be entrepeneurs.

There's nothing wrong with that tactic.

And neither of you writes about the point. Just dissing on some young Somali kids who are nationalists (who isn't at age 14, it's natural to be proud of your heritage)

repo

VIP
Most diaspora nationalists intend to work, get the cash, and then return wealthy to Somalia to be entrepeneurs.

There's nothing wrong with that tactic.
I think it's a bad tactic. Diaspora Somalis have largely had a negative effect on Somalia and that's cause their future is not in Somalia, their involvement has largely been exploitative whether it is the predatory politicians or the investors who don't create local jobs.

You are repeating the mistakes of the past by fueling a pipe dream to the new generation of Somalis. Giving them the illusion that this isn't their land and they will someday return to Somalia is a falsehood that allows complacency, it's why so many bums end up returning to Somalia to exploit people. There may be people who have good intentions but I think it's misplaced priorities if you look at Somalis in the West.

I think it's a bad tactic. Diaspora Somalis have largely had a negative effect on Somalia and that's cause their future is not in Somalia, their involvement has largely been exploitative whether it is the predatory politicians or the investors who don't create local jobs.

You are repeating the mistakes of the past by fueling a pipe dream to the new generation of Somalis. Giving them the illusion that this isn't their land and they will someday return to Somalia is a falsehood that allows complacency, it's why so many bums end up returning to Somalia to exploit people. There may be people who have good intentions but I think it's misplaced priorities if you look at Somalis in the West.
Shat Up

repo

VIP
And neither of you writes about the point. Just dissing on some young Somali kids who are nationalists (who isn't at age 14, it's natural to be proud of your heritage)
Those 14 year olds need to focus on their school and after school programs instead of worrying about nationalism. You see the end result on Twitter with those Arsenal and nomad dps.

Somalia *is* our homeland. Most Somali diaspora existed for like, what? 20 years? you're acting as if we're like Zionists who wants to return after 2000 years.

All of my English cousins have opened shops in Galguduud, employed locals and engaged in trade. We have to improve our homeland, and we won't do that by assimilating in non-Somali nations of kufr

Those 14 year olds need to focus on their school and after school programs instead of worrying about nationalism. You see the end result on Twitter with those Arsenal and nomad dps.

Are you retarded or what? it's *because* they're nationalists, they study hard. That's their motivation.

BirtaanJabin

DalJecel the DhafoorQiiq
VIP
Buuraha Surad baa u dheer
Hankana Soomaalinimo
Gobtuna Silic wey martaa
Hadana Saxariir ma tiro
Abaartuna waa Sunee
Haduu jiro Sabanxumaa
Waxaa Xigo Barisamaad
Sagsaguna waa dhamaan

Ahmed Rasta/Nimcaan Hilaac :jcoleno: :mjcry: :banderas: :lawd: :rejoice: :deadrose:

Buuraha Surad baa u dheer
Hankana Soomaalinimo
Gobtuna Silic wey martaa
Hadana Saxariir ma tiro
Abaartuna waa Sunee
Haduu jiro Sabanxumaa
Waxaa Xigo Barisamaad
Sagsaguna waa dhamaan

Ahmed Rasta/Nimcaan Hilaac :jcoleno: :mjcry: :banderas: :lawd: :rejoice: :deadrose:
absolute banger, love the song. :dzmxmmb:

repo

VIP
Are you retarded or what? it's *because* they're nationalists, they study hard. That's their motivation.
No one studies for years to go back to change a poor country they never lived in for the goodness of their heart. They go there cause they think it's easier to compete which is another way of saying they failed in their adoptive country.

If you and your friends opened stores in Galguduud, your diaspora money caused the value of land to increase and the speculation has probably locked out locals from competing. At the same time your stores are not large enough to have a significant amount of employees so there wouldn't be any increase in jobs or stimulation in the economy.

You might be exploiting Galguduud to be honest.

The West belongs to the Cadaans and their subjects. Diaspora iyo dadka Soomaaliya waa isku mid ah Somalia is my homeland and I will return inshallah once post-secondary education is completed.

No one studies for years to go back to change a poor country they never lived in for the goodness of their heart. They go there cause they think it's easier to compete which is another way of saying they failed in their adoptive country.

If you and your friends opened stores in Galguduud, your diaspora money caused the value of land to increase and the speculation has probably locked out locals from competing. At the same time your stores are not large enough to have a significant amount of employees so there wouldn't be any increase in jobs or stimulation in the economy.

You might be exploiting Galguduud to be honest.

Somalia for us isn't ''just a poor country we never lived in'', for us it's our homeland, the soil of our ancestors, it's dhuulka hooyo, and that's never going to change regardless of whether it's poor or rich.

So don't accuse Somalis who actually want to build their homeland to be some kind of selfish traitors.

What's your point? if you go back, you're a traitor, and if you stay in a white country, you're a hero? peak diaspora jahiliyyah.

Trending

Latest posts