We have to stop this bleaching nonsense

Walahi the prettiest Somali girls I've seen are dark-skinned. I am the colour of a banana, so I have no incentive to exaggerate. I find it shocking that Somalis back home are so blind. I'd post these ladies images, but I don't want the evil eye to befall them. In real life, beautiful darkskinned women, have no shortage of suitors, in fact, it's rare that they are single, as they get snatched up quick.
I curse the daanyeers that brought bleach to Somalia, and I blame this on the filthy Bollywood industry. In addition, those disgraceful Somalis, whose minds have been poisoned by Asian beauty standards.

Last edited:

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Why is this caption in Arabic?

The desperation is insane. Also the auto tone is shit.

K-M-O

Walahi the prettiest Somali girls I've seen are dark-skinned. I am the colour of a banana, so I have no incentive to exaggerate. I find it shocking that Somalis back home are so blind. I'd post these ladies images, but I don't want the evil eye to befall them. In real life, beautiful darkskinned women, have no shortage of suitors, in fact, it's rare that they are single, as they get snatched up quick.
I curse the daanyeers that brought bleach to Somalia, and I blame this on the filthy Bollywood industry. In addition, those disgraceful Somalis, whose minds have been poisoned by Asian beauty standards.

What they also don’t know is: Bleaching effects their health.

They don’t know when they’re exposed to those poisonous products their causing themselves to have skin cancer.

This is why education should be a requirement.

Yaraye

VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This was ridiculous. Whoever produced this monstrosity of a video with the Arabic Ai voice, should be deeply ashamed of themselves.
Cry more. Let me taste those tears real good.
FB_IMG_1658909491147.jpg

Alhamdulilah Our Arabization is almost complete and there's nothing you can do:rejoice:

Who are we to judge what people identify as? If they identify as Ayrabs, so be it.

Also, to be a devil’s advocate, if tanning is normalized in the West, why isn’t okay for safe methods of bleaching to be commonplace? The bleaching/whitening industry is a booming multi billion dollar industry in Eastern countries.

K-M-O

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

They don’t know beauty as much as they don’t know what a self respect is.

Somali women in west who are winning the model industry need to create a program for the female youths and teach them the side effects of having self loath and the consequences of bleaching.

Don’t even know why they aren’t even campaigning against this already.

Also: Somali men in Somalia need to acting like girls that adds bleach into their skin.

K-M-O

Who are we to judge what people identify as? If they identify as Ayrabs, so be it.

Also, to be a devil’s advocate, if tanning is normalized in the West, why isn’t okay for safe methods of bleaching to be commonplace? The bleaching/whitening industry is a booming multi billion dollar industry in Eastern countries.

Because bleaching has severe side effects on the body (especially on pregnant women) and can cause skin cancer.

There’s a limit when it comes to tanning your skin.
White people can tan their skin if he’s or she’s cautious.
It can cause skin cancer if they’re exposed to the sun too much.
But the sun (unlike bleaching) are more natural and contain IU of vitamin D
You can’t compare Apple on oranges on this one. :childplease:

Bleaching is dangerous and it's not a natural occurence for human beings to lose their pigmentation, unless they have a disease. The only reasons some people do it, is because the beauty standards that are enforced by outside forces. Some cultures did it, because it shows that they don't work in the sun, and are thus higher-class (Asians). With Somalis, colourism/bleaching wasn't a thing, until I assume the 1980s onwards, with the advent of Bollywood.