We as Somali men have also been brainwashed by white standards

B
How come our ancestors grew their hair but now we do not grow our hair anymore? I never see Somali men who have big hair anymore. Have we been brainwashed by white standards like the black people in America and the Carribean? 99% of Somalis have short hair. This is an assault on the dignity to Somali men. Grow your hair the way our ancestors have done and be proud of your culture. There needs to be a movement of this instead of the other filth Somali people are concerned about in twitter
Bro go to Minneapolis, Seattle or Toronto and I guarentee you will see atleast a few Somali guys (teenagers/young adults) with big ass Afros, dreadlocks, braids etc specifically the younger generation (25 years and younger) lol.

A lot of black people and Caribbean’s have long hair too, go to Chicago you will see 1 out of every 4 black guys with dreadlocks, go to florida a lot of Haitians with dreadlocks and wicks hair. Lol

dr.leorio

death\emitter
My younger brother always went to the barbershop (like twice a month) and styled his hair in cool AA hairstyles. They always looked pretty cool and was constantly gelling and oiling his hair everyday. He is 3yrs younger than me and now has a bidaar.

I decided to go another route. Either I get a full buzzcut or leave my hair alone. I have a pretty full afro right now that I maintain but I try and stay away from the harsh chemicals people put in their hair.

Since none of us diaspora get 3-4 hours of sunlight per day, we are automatically Vitamin D deficient. Vitamin D is a crucial component for hair growth. So unless you're taking Vit. D supplements everyday, you will go bald early. Especially if you put chemicals in your hair and get haircuts every week

This is self hate and white supremacy that you have been fed from the responses I see.
Nigga I don't want my hair like that, lol
images (15).jpeg

Regg

Stroking my Australinimo
Afros are awful, painful and time consuming.

I shave them all to number one so I can sleep longer and don't have to worry about combing for 20 minutes, scrubbing the dandruff away and constantly paying for an overpriced hair creams/shampoos.