Water shortages and drought in Gedo

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race
Everywhere these guys live drought and hunger follows. Look at what is happening in Liibaan and now in ghetto. Hopefully the Ogaden in the two Jubbas will kick them out as soon as the drought is over.

Gladiolus

Somali, is a race

isnt gedo have the most fertile land out of all of Somalia? Why don’t mx take up farming like rx does ?

They are leeches. They take but they dont know how to create anything for themselves. Also, they know Gedo doesnt belong to them so they are probably afraid to develop it.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
This should not be happening in this day and age. But let's kill each other over qabil and serve enemy nations instead why don't we.

The people in Somalia need to realise the diaspora politicians can leave Somalia at any time. Farmaajo is not perfect but Somalia is all he has. I dare the rest to give up their comfy citizenships and stay in Somalia for life. Only then will i slightly take them seriously.

Farmaajo can afford to send 22 million dollars worth of logistics,transportation and military equipments to Gedo but not Food aid :stopit::snoop:

Last edited:
Are there any grass root organizations where we can pay sadaqa to ? @Waaqmasho @Murax

Dalalos,

Myself, and my family have been sending money to one of our relatives in Baardheere, who’s a Sheekh. It is $300 per water tank, and each water tank takes care of 200-300 people. They take that by truck to the areas that are affected which is Garbaharey, Ceelwaaq. The towns that are on the Jubba river i.e Doolow, Luuq, Buurduubo, etc. are not affected, and don’t rely on rain.

We decided to go through this guy because my family knows him, so it’s just easier. I have phobia of aid agencies.

As always it's the innocent civilians suffering due to their incapable "politicians". Farmajo and his bo0ns are focused on undermining Jubaland State instead of developing Gedo. 68 IQ at its finest :snoop:

Dalalos,

Myself, and my family have been sending money to one of our relatives in Baardheere, who’s a Sheekh. It is $300 per water tank, and each water tank takes care of 200-300 people. They take that by truck to the areas that are affected which is Garbaharey, Ceelwaaq. The towns that are on the Jubba river i.e Doolow, Luuq, Buurduubo, etc. are not affected, and don’t rely on rain.

We decided to go through this guy because my family knows him, so it’s just easier. I have phobia of aid agencies.
How much noney did you send to buy guns for ilko.yars to fight madhoobe?

Doesn't webi jubba go through Geedo. Did the river bed dry up? Somalia is still in its annual dry season until middle late March

Doesn't webi jubba go through Geedo. Did the river bed dry up? Somalia is still in its annual dry season until middle late March

The towns that are affected are not the towns on the river. Gedo’s a big gobol, there are towns like Garbaharey, Ceelwaaq where the River doesn’t run through.

The people my family are going through are in Baardheere, and they take the water from the Jubba river, use filters, put it in water tanks, then load them on trucks.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Its not even a fixable problem, at least not anytime soon. Western Gedo has saline groundwater in most places so you can't even dig wells for these people.

Herders see green pastures and keep grazing away from the river, going deeper and deeper into dhul oomane ah. The deyr rains end and water holes dry up, and now families and their livestock are stuck 130 km away from the river, with no grazing or water for their animals on the way back.

These people need very large berkeds or sand dams.

May Allah save our people.

Its not even a fixable problem, at least not anytime soon. Western Gedo has saline groundwater in most places so you can't even dig wells for these people.

Herders see green pastures and keep grazing away from the river, going deeper and deeper into dhul oomane ah. The deyr rains end and water holes dry up, and now families and their livestock are stuck 130 km away from the river, with no grazing or water for their animals on the way back.

These people need very large berkeds or sand dams.

May Allah save our people.

Very interesting. I was wondering why these herders move so far away from the river, and rely solely on rain. Nobody ever explained it like this.

Trending

Latest posts