Was Somalia better off under colonial rule?

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
In 1960, Jun 26-July 1st, Somalia gain independence.

One could say Somalia was better off not being independent.

It was a mistake to release us to the world. The Europeans should’ve known that we knew nothing about nationhood. We were and are warring tribes. We were and are ignorant, prideful and ready to shed bled on the drop of a hat based on hearsay.

@diaby has a great descriptor for us, the nation of 68 iq

I reiterate once again that we should never have gained independence. Never

LoveandLight

LoveandLight the Liberator

It was a mistake to release us to the world. The Europeans should’ve known that we knew nothing about nationhood. We were and are warring tribes. We were and are ignorant, prideful and ready to shed bled on the drop of a hat based on hearsay.

We need a Strong Dictator!

:gaasdrink:

I have to disagree sxb, you’re assuming Italy and Britain had our best interests at heart. On the eve of Independence after around 71 years of colonialism we had only 4 people with a university degree ( mass illiteracy), undeveloped economy, no experienced political class ready to take the helms of power unlike other African countries , and unsolved border disputes. Colonialism was never meant to be a tutelage system. In my opinion we would have been worse off today if we were still under colonialism.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Siad Barre saw the peak of Somalia, colonial Somalia was by far a bigger shit hole than contemporary Somalia.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
:gaasdrink:

I have to disagree sxb, you’re assuming Italy and Britain had our best interests at heart. On the eve of Independence after around 71 years of colonialism we had only 4 people with a university degree ( mass illiteracy), undeveloped economy, no experienced political class ready to take the helms of power unlike other African countries , and unsolved border disputes. Colonialism was never meant to be a tutelage system. In my opinion we would have been worse off today if we were still under colonialism.
this, why do people believe colonialism is some kind of tutelage system? siad barre qaudrubled the literacy rate in decade compared to half a century of itailian rule.
"b-but infastruction" most of it was meant for colonialist until they couldn't afford to maintain there empire.

This thread is garbage and OP is a stupid cuck with no self respect. No, Somalia was not better under colonialism. It was much better under the democratic system from 1960-1969. I'd rather have Somalia be the poorest country on earth than it to be ruled by a foreign gaal.