Was Khadija a feminist

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my research prophet Muhammad loved khadijah it was unconditional he even use to remember while he was in the company of his other wives after khadijah passed away may Allah be pleased with her and during the time they were married the prophet didn't have another wife khadijah was his only wife till she passed away & Allah knows best.

Cognitive

Without Khadija's money and family influence, Mohamed's project Islam would have limited success or failed like many others did at that time. As for not marrying other women while he was married to her requires to understand from the premise of a simple logic of a "sugar mummy" refusing her "trophy husband" to bring other women.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
:ulyin:Hypergamy is actually more popular amongst TradCon women, since they follow the typical gender stereotypes: that men must be the breadwinner. A TradCon woman would never ever propose, as Khadijah did, either (feminism has more variety).

And it seems that not only may Khadijah be a feminist, but so might Muhammad-- since most 'traditional macho-type men' would usually feel way too insecure to marry a woman who earns more, let alone one who is both his boss and also older in age. As for the Angel Gabriel thing, that says more about her character as an individual than whether she's a feminist or not (although religious feminists do exist).
I ain't going to lie I think I am a feminist too the other day I was watching this debate about the burqa the Islamic attire and this feminist was supporting women's right to wear the burqa :banderas:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cognitive

Without Khadija's money and family influence, Mohamed's project Islam would have limited success or failed like many others did at that time. As for not marrying other women while he was married to her requires to understand from the premise of a simple logic of a "sugar mummy" refusing her "trophy husband" to bring other women.
While he was meditating in cave of Hira, the Angel Jibreel (AS) came to the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and revealed to him the first verses of the Quran and declared to him that he was to be a Prophet. The experience terrified the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), and he ran home, jumping into Khadijah’s (RA) arms crying, “Cover me! Cover me!” She was startled by his terror, and after soothing and comforting him for a while, the Prophet was able to calm down and relate to her his experience.

The Prophet (SAW) feared he was losing his mind or being possessed. Khadijah (RA) put all his fears to rest:

“Do not worry,” she said, “for by Him who has dominion over Khadijah’s soul, I hope that you are the Prophet of this nation. Allah would never humiliate you, for you are good to your relatives, you are true to your word, you help those who are in need, you support the weak, you feed the guest and you answer the call of those who are in distress.”

She then took him to her cousin, Waraqah ibn Nawfal – a scholar well-versed in the Judeo-Christian scripture – and he confirmed to the Prophet (SAW) that his experience was Divine and he was to be the Last Prophet.

After his ministry began, and the opposition of his people became harsh and brutal, Khadijah (RA) was always there to support the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), sacrificing all of her wealth to support the cause of Islam. When the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his family was banished to the hills outside of Makkah, she went there with him, and the three years of hardship and deprivation eventually led to her death. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) mourned her deeply, and even after her death, the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) would send food and support to Khadijah’s friends and relatives, out of love for his first wife.

Once, years after Khadijah (RA) died, he came across a necklace that she once wore. When he saw it, he remembered her and began to cry and mourn. His love for her never died, so much so, that his later wife Ayesha once felt jealous of her. Once she asked the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) if Khadijah (RA) had been the only woman worthy of his love. The Prophet replied:

“She believed in me when no one else did; she accepted Islam when people rejected me; and she helped and comforted me when there was no one else to lend me a helping hand.”

Much has been made and said about Prophet Muhammad’s multiple marriages. There are many who smear the Prophet as a womanizing philanderer, citing his multiple marriages. This is absolute propaganda. As a response to those who malign the Prophet, If the Prophet were anything of the sort, he would have taken advantage of his youth to do such a thing. But he did not! At a time when it was a common custom to have multiple wives, the Prophet did not marry anyone else while he was with Khadijah (RA).

Only between the age of fifty and his death at sixty-two did Prophet Mohammed take other wives. Most of these wives were widows, whom the Prophet married to care after them, or they were they were the daughters of prominent Arab chieftains, so that the Prophet could form a cohesive Muslim society out of a fiercely tribalistic (and barbaric) Arab culture. The smears against the Prophet fall flat on their faces once the light of truth shines brightly upon them.

For his human and natural needs, the Prophet (SAW) married twice. His first marriage was with Hadhrat Khadija (RA). During this time, he did not marry another woman. After her death, he married Hadhrat Sawdah (RA). The purpose of this marriage was purely a human need, that is after the death of Hadhrat Khadija (RA) his two younger daughters were left alone and he needed somebody to look after them. Therefore, he married Hadhrat Sawdah (RA) who was 50 at the time of marriage and so was the Prophet (SAW).

In the capacity of a Prophet (Nabi), he married four women, namely Hadhrat Ayesha (RA), Hadhrat Hafsa (RA), Hadhrat Zaynab bint-i-Khazeema (RA) and Hadhrat Ume Salama (RA). The Prophet’s wives were also made associates in his prophetic mission. Especially for this purpose, he married Hadhrat Ayesha (RA) and it is a known fact that in fulfilling this responsibility she had no match. She became the mentor of the Ummah after the Prophet (SAW)’s death. The rest of the three marriages were the result of social requirements. This social requirement was, taking care of widows and orphans as the Quran directed to do in Surah Al-Nisaa. Taking care of widows and orphans was a very big responsibility. It became necessary that the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) set an example for the Muslims in this regard to give them an incentive, as he was, in the capacity of a Nabi an example for the Muslims to follow.

The divorced women till today, are generally looked down upon in popular estimation, and this was a case in which a freed slave divorced a lady of high birth. By also taking such a divorced woman as his wife, the false notion that divorce degraded women was removed as well. Thus by this act, to which he was morally bound because the lady had been at first offered in marriage to him, he elevated the whole class of divorced women who would otherwise suffer life-long humiliation in society.

http://navedz.com/prophet_muhammad_saw__khadijah_ra_the_greatest_love/

TooMacaan

VIP
I ain't going to lie I think I am a feminist too the other day I was watching this debate about the burqa the Islamic attire and this feminist was supporting women's right to wear the burqa :banderas:
Unfortunately, I can't agree there; I don't think wearing the burqa (or niqab) is about feminist choice. The hijab is a beautiful concept though.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Unfortunately, I can't agree there; I don't think wearing the burqa (or niqab) is about feminist choice. The hijab is a beautiful concept though.
So you believe a girl who dresses scantily clad is about feminist choice but a woman that covers up isn't about feminist choice? So it's only feminist choice when it doesn't concern Muslims? Do you feel the same way about nuns too and their attire or is your malice purely reserved for Muslim women :gucciwhat:

In that case do you have a problem with how Mary the mother of Jesus is depicted in Christianity cause by the looks of it she's wearing a jilbaab
IMG_4047.PNG

Last edited:

TooMacaan

VIP
So you believe a girl who dresses scantily clad is about feminist choice but a woman that covers up isn't about feminist choice? So it's only feminist choice when it doesn't concern Muslims? Do you feel the same way about nuns too and their attire or is your malice purely reserved for Muslim women :gucciwhat:

In that case do you have a problem with how Mary the mother of Jesus is depicted in Christianity cause by the looks of it she's wearing a hijabView attachment 30586
Both extremes are bad imo. I'm against scantily clad outfits too, but nudity is already illegal in most places.

:ayaanswag:And did you even read my post?
Pls show me where I implied that "it's only a feminist choice when it doesn't concern Muslims"??? Not only are you putting words into my mouth but that's the opposite of what I wrote sxb-- I literally said "the hijab is a beautiful concept though". Thus, no- I don't have any problem with how Mary is depicted, and as for Nuns, they don't cover their faces; my problem with the Niqab is that it covers the face.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cognitive

It's a wonderful story. But it doesn't answer your initial question on this thread.
The reason I believe khadijah wasn't a feminist is because of this

Once, years after Khadijah (RA) died, he came across a necklace that she once wore. When he saw it, he remembered her and began to cry and mourn. His love for her never died, so much so, that his later wife Ayesha once felt jealous of her. Once she asked the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) if Khadijah (RA) had been the only woman worthy of his love. The Prophet replied:

“She believed in me when no one else did; she accepted Islam when people rejected me; and she helped and comforted me when there was no one else to lend me a helping hand.”

:banderas:

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Both extremes are bad imo. I'm against scantily clad outfits too, but nudity is already illegal in most places.

:ayaanswag:And did you even read my post?
Pls show me where I implied that "it's only a feminist choice when it doesn't concern Muslims"??? Not only are you putting words into my mouth but that's the opposite of what I wrote sxb-- I literally said "the hijab is a beautiful concept though". Thus, no- I don't have any problem with how Mary is depicted, and as for Nuns, they don't cover their faces; my problem with the Niqab is that it covers the face.
Who gave you a right to demand to see women's faces? Who gave you authority over other females and dictate to them what they can and can't wear? If a chick has a right to dress like Beyoncé then I say a sister has the right to dress like Mary the mother of Jesus May Allah be pleased with her.

TooMacaan

VIP
Who gave you a right to demand to see women's faces? Who gave you authority over other females and dictate to them what they can and can't wear? If a chick has a right to dress like Beyoncé then I say a sister has the right to dress like Mary the mother of Jesus May Allah be pleased with her.
Common sense: it's a safety concern, no one (men or women) should be allowed to cover their face. The face is a primary identifier of who one is. Being for equal rights as well, if women are allowed the 'right' to cover their face...it'd be sxist to not allow men the same 'right'.
Also Mary never covered her face, just most of her hair.

The reason I believe khadijah wasn't a feminist is because of this

:banderas:

Cognitive

I would have penned down love letters, poems and songs for her because she was the most important person that elevated him from obscurity and turned him into one of the very few celebrities mankind has ever known. A celebrity that knowledge, Hollywood, music or sports industries or even a thousand Simon Cowels could never produce, why wouldn't she be "worthy" of his love?

I do agree with you that she had got nothing to do with femininsm, she was the right person at the right time and she had the right connections for Mohamed. He knew well how to foster such a person to give him her best. But modern Muslim girls like to hear such stories. A bloke who marries for wealth and power have less of a say in a marriage than a man who didn't. They claim prophet Mohamed used to wash dishes, why did he wash and how many dishes did they have?

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Common sense: it's a safety concern, no one (men or women) should be allowed to cover their face. The face is a primary identifier of who one is. Being for equal rights as well, if women are allowed the 'right' to cover their face...it'd be sxist to not allow men the same 'right'.
Also Mary never covered her face, just most of her hair.
I can see you fitting in nicely in a Orwellian world let me guess war is peace & freedom is slavery & ignorance is strength let's agree to disagree

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cognitive

I would have penned down love letters, poems and songs for her because she was the most important person that elevated him from obscurity and turned him into one of the very few celebrities mankind has ever known. A celebrity that knowledge, Hollywood, music or sports industries or even a thousand Simon Cowels could never produce, why wouldn't she be "worthy" of his love?

I do agree with you that she had got nothing to do with femininsm, she was the right person at the right time and she had the right connections for Mohamed. He knew well how to foster such a person to give him her best. But modern Muslim girls like to hear such stories. A bloke who marries for wealth and power have less of a say in a marriage than a man who didn't. They claim prophet Mohamed used to wash dishes, why did he wash and how many dishes did they have?
She loved him for his trustworthiness his honestly and other novel qualities he possessed it was unconditional love between them.

He lived a modest life wasn't too big on worldly things yes he had a few cutlery or utensils and yes he did use to help around the house with the cooking and cleaning

Personally I would expect my wife to clean after me and I would help out with the chorus, I agree it's in the sunnah of the prophet he use to do the house work and cook & clean I'm not disputing that what I'm saying is his wife submitted to him as the man once they were married and allowed him to lead their affairs

Your the type of man that gives us a bad name sxb

A women regardless how wretched she is naturally submits to a strong man without any physical or verbal compulsion, even the most vile gangster types when she gets with a real strong gang-banger submits in utter servile servitude in complete love & devotion to him without any utterance of submission from him.

The moment you verbally ask a women to submit to you, it's game-over and rightly so, because it's the epitome manifestation of weakness, impotency and fragility which any sane women would run a mile from, I cringed so bad reading your diatribe.

@TooMacaan unlike some of the other vile unintelligent gangster types on here are the ones that submit the fastest to a strong potent male. Her higher intelligence enables your mere words to excite, stimulate and penetrate her unlike the other dumb ones that require constant dose of action to achieve the same.

Forget your lowly nonsensical demands about cooking, she will go the extra mile and wash your whole body, cut your toe nails and get rid of your dandruff.

[QUOTE="Inquisitive A women regardless how wretched she is naturally submits to a strong man....
Forget your lowly nonsensical demands about cooking, she will go the extra mile and wash your whole body, cut your toe nails and get rid of your dandruff.[/QUOTE]

Inquisitive

Thanks, that is what Islam is all about.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Your the type of man that gives us a bad name sxb

A women regardless how wretched she is naturally submits to a strong man without any physical or verbal compulsion, even the most vile gangster types when she gets with a real strong gang-banger submits in utter servile servitude in complete love & devotion to him without any utterance of submission from him.

The moment you verbally ask a women to submit to you, it's game-over and rightly so, because it's the epitome manifestation of weakness, impotency and fragility which any sane women would run a mile from, I cringed so bad reading your diatribe.

@TooMacaan unlike some of the other vile unintelligent gangster types on here are the ones that submit the fastest to a strong potent male. Her higher intelligence enables your mere words to excite, stimulate and penetrate her unlike the other dumb ones that require constant dose of action to achieve the same.

Forget your lowly nonsensical demands about cooking, she will go the extra mile and wash your whole body, cut your toe nails and get rid of your dandruff.
If you can get a woman to submit to you in the west then how comes you're in your thirties and still ain't married macho man :chrisfreshhah:

Nin faanay waa rii iis nuugtay.

Typo I meant I wouldn't expect my other half to clean after me as I am not her child I would do my part as that's what I'm use to.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
[QUOTE="Inquisitive A women regardless how wretched she is naturally submits to a strong man....

Inquisitive

Thanks, that is what Islam is all about.[/QUOTE]
He's deluded ask him why he ain't married yet if that's the case kkk

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Cut your toe nails kulaha while she's picking out your dandruff she's planning your demise you haven't grasped how potent a females mind is the level of cunningness and crude shrewdness the manipulation is off the charts but here's you thinking she's submitting when really she's working her magic trust me the nose knows & your subconscious mind won't even realise it.

That's why you're shook to settle down in the west cause you know she will own your soul as soon as there's kids in the equation kkk

Cut your toe nails kulaha while she's picking out your dandruff she's planning your demise you haven't grasped how potent a females mind is the level of cunningness and crude shrewdness the manipulation is off the charts but here's you thinking she's submitting when really she's working her magic trust me the nose knows & your subconscious mind won't even realise it.

That's why you're shook to settle down in the west cause you know she will own your soul as soon as there's kids in the equation kkk

Cognitive

Boowe, are you married? If yes, how is married life for you? People have different experiences in marriage. If not, you are in the same boat as him (given that I believe your assertion that he's not married) and due to his experiences, he has an opinion (real or imagined) how "Somali" Muslim girls will behave. Marka, without you two calling derogatory names, present your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts