Was I wrong for doing this? I mean I had 2 lower his spectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Last time I was back home I became friends with a local guy in the neighborhood. When I was leaving he asked for my fb. I gave it to him.

Its been now close to 4 years and I would send him a little here and there. However, recently he has became very bothersome by constantly calling and I know what he wants. He is a very nice guy but I dont blame him for trying to hustle for little dollars from a dude in America.

I am not gonna block him, ill continue to help him because I put myself in his shoe. I know he comes from a poor family.

So today I send him this bc I want to bring him down from that high expectation of getting $50 each time. In few weeks ill send him a $20 and ill stick to $20 from henceforth.
IMG_3941.jpg

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
10 dollars? You should have kept that tbh.

I understand you think you're helping but no grown ass man who had money would call you, if you're going to help someone give them a little more than 10 dollars, wtf is wrong with you? I hate people like you Wallahi, who give a dollar and brag about for years to come.

The left hand shouldn't know what the right hand is doing.

“…A man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.” (Abu Hurairah & collected in Saheeh al-Bukhari (English trans.) vol.1, p.356, no.629 & Saheeh Muslim (English trans.) vol.2, p.493, no.2248)

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
You don't even know him, I didn't name him.

At least I'm doing something while you buying useless shoes on moneyyou could've given to someone back home.

How much money do you give on a crowdfunding cause ? $5?

Menace i agree somehow. The problem is really people back home almost exclusively depend on somebody abroad. No amount of charity will change this problem. Dowlad xumo and relentless qabyalad aa keentey.

You want to help but can only help soo many and the ones that go without sometimes feel its because they not wanted or out of xasidnimo. Reality is we have our own problems and we are increasingly becoming more broke due to rents increasing.

May allah reward your patients and help.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Walahi I'm not soliciting any applause from you guys. Heck, I haven't revealed identities. It remains anonymous.

I just wanted to hear y'all's feed back.

I intend to continue helping him but I prefer that I send something to him when he least expects it

Status
Not open for further replies.