Was I out of line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Seriously, what is wrong with fat shaming these days? The so-called fat Acceptance movement, who seek to counter negative portrayals which give rise to mental health problems, eating disorders and cause people to have obesity with multiple health problems.

Fat people should really be ashamed of themselves because it's ugly, disgusting and unhealthy. The truth is fat people are really lazy to workout and hate going on a diet because they love food.

The main reason why obesity is such an emotionally charged issue is simply that it has become entangled with all kinds of aspersions on a person’s willpower and character. Regardless, I still believe fat-shaming gives fat people extra motivation to lose weight.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
@Reiko I’m going to a wedding in 3 weeks and the bride is on the heavier side I wonder if we are going to the same one:drakelaugh:

But it depends on the context and your relationship with the girl. Doesn’t every girl get in shape for their wedding? I remember going to the gym everyday before my day even though I was eating my baaris lol

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
@Reiko I’m going to a wedding in 3 weeks and the bride is on the heavier side I wonder if we are going to the same one:drakelaugh:

But it depends on the context and your relationship with the girl. Doesn’t every girl get in shape for their wedding? I remember going to the gym everyday before my day even though I was eating my baaris lol
Omg it could be, Mn is small (well not literally).

My friend’s sister is getting married in 3 weeks. She’s on the heavier side, so we were talking about the wedding preparations and I asked her if she was on a diet for her wedding? She got mad at me and started saying body positivity crap.

I didn’t say it to be malicious, I want her to shine on her wedding day. MN girls are known to try to get the attention off the bride, every girl in MN dresses to impress in weddings... I just didn’t want her to feel out of place on her special day...

Should I apologize or let it go, my friend agreed with me who’s also her sister.

@Inquisitive_ your thoughts mudane? As you've done your dissertation on this topic.

Seriously, what is wrong with fat shaming these days? The so-called fat Acceptance movement, who seek to counter negative portrayals which give rise to mental health problems, eating disorders and cause people to have obesity with multiple health problems.

Fat people should really be ashamed of themselves because it's ugly, disgusting and unhealthy. The truth is fat people are really lazy to workout and hate going on a diet because they love food.

The main reason why obesity is such an emotionally charged issue is simply that it has become entangled with all kinds of aspersions on a person’s willpower and character. Regardless, I still believe fat-shaming gives fat people extra motivation to lose weight.

Couldn't agree more. If there is one thing we got right in Somalia its our treatment of fat people. Even strangers feel a civic to insult a fat person walking down the street.....its beautiful thing to watch

My friend’s sister is getting married in 3 weeks. She’s on the heavier side, so we were talking about the wedding preparations and I asked her if she was on a diet for her wedding? She got mad at me and started saying body positivity crap.

I didn’t say it to be malicious, I want her to shine on her wedding day. MN girls are known to try to get the attention off the bride, every girl in MN dresses to impress in weddings... I just didn’t want her to feel out of place on her special day...

Should I apologize or let it go, my friend agreed with me who’s also her sister.
If ima be honest abaayo it was mean :liberaltears:

Although its not really necessary to apologize. Just don't mention it again loool

Yeah you were out of line.as long as shes healthy you shouldn't have went there. Maybe she was hurting already combined with the stress that comes with a wedding. Take her to all you can eat buffet to prove you're sorry lol

Yeah you were out of line.as long as shes healthy you shouldn't have went there. Maybe she was hurting already combined with the stress that comes with a wedding. Take her to all you can eat buffet to prove you're sorry lol
omg that apology would be insult to injury, I think your even more ruthless than Reiko:yloezpe:

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
@Reiko, you did nothing wrong but telling the truth.
When my sister got married she paid way more on her wedding dress because of tailoring and customer made fitted to suit her overweight body. also it was very hard to find a dress because the size range from 0 to 12. She regretted for not trying to lose weight and if she lost weight she may look good on her wedding photos

I Think is too late to do drastic weight loss but she can do liquid diet. She may lose 2-5kilos

For the positive side your sister will look amazing in hido iyo dhaqan Dirac.

Gibiin-Udug

@Reiko, you did nothing wrong but telling the truth.
When my sister got married she paid way more on her wedding dress because of tailoring and customer made fitted to suit her overweight body. also it was very hard to find a dress because the size range from 0 to 12. She regretted for not trying to lose weight and if she lost weight she may look good on her wedding photos

I Think is too late to do drastic weight loss but she can do liquid diet. She may lose 2-5kilos

For the positive side your sister will look amazing in hido iyo dhaqan Dirac.

Thanks for understanding @Yusra Luuza, she's my friend's sister. But I didn't say it to be mean or y to her, I actually think she can lose 20 lbs in 3 weeks if she did keto and drank lots of water.

I've seen overweight brides who looked like they didn't even want to be in their wedding. She's going to be the star for the night, everyone would want pictures, so imagine your guests upstaging you.

My habo got married last year, she dropped 30 lbs before her wedding but she did it in unhealthy way, but I'm not going to lie she looked damm good in her wedding dress and she looked drop dead gorgeous in the wedding video and pictures.

Gibiin-Udug

Wallahi I am told I’m mean lakiin ruuntaan uu sheegaa dadka to save them from embarrassment. I remember Free Willy jokes from the 90s and I can only imagine them during her wedding.
Looooooool

Omg not willy the whale jokes lmfao. :russ::drakelaugh:

Gibiin-Udug

Nah, I don't believe in fat shaming. What if it drives them to suicide, that's just mean and uncalled for. You can advice them wholeheartedly and even persuade them to walk outside with you. I don't believe in breaking people's feelings. Fat people have a lot on their plates (Loool) we shouldn't call them names and fat shame them. Just advice them.

Status
Not open for further replies.