Was Dahab Marina a scam?

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
It would be the largest infrastructure project in Somalia ever and would begin construction last year. I have yet to see anything about it. Has the whole project been cancelled?

“Dahab Marina, a gigantic real estate project in Mogadishu, Somalia, is said to have derailed and failed to get commissioned due to project financing models, project’s governance and management structure, environmental as well as regulatory shortcomings”

You can still buy property online though so I’m confused. The road from main karaan to the beach that started construction a year ago has been fully constructed as I went past the area not too long ago. Project seemed a little unrealistic and too big but hopefully they change certain aspects of it and try re - launch. It would have been the largest project in Somalia ever as well as being based in karaan/cabdiaziz area so I’m here for it.

Last edited:

XuseenS

Guul iyo Gobanimo
“Dahab Marina, a gigantic real estate project in Mogadishu, Somalia, is said to have derailed and failed to get commissioned due to project financing models, project’s governance and management structure, environmental as well as regulatory shortcomings”

You can still buy property online though so I’m confused. The road from main karaan to the beach that started construction a year ago has been fully constructed as I went past the area not too long ago. Project seemed a little unrealistic and too big but hopefully they change certain aspects of it and try re - launch. It would have been the largest project in Somalia ever as well as being based in karaan/cabdiaziz area so I’m here for it.

It will be very exciting to follow the development if the project resume. The projects itself made me very optimistic about the country's future.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
It was de railed due to lack of management
/people to over see the project source:Somali investor magazine (twitter)

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Shit idea, build factories, invest in producing your own food so we can stop importing eggs from Yemen.

johnsepei5

Head of Somalia freemasonry branch
Shit idea, build factories, invest in producing your own food so we can stop importing eggs from Yemen
I agree but this is slowly changing im seeing new professions pop up blue collar jobs are on the rise,we have foreigners like indians ans egyptians working the white collar jobs in somalia,lets take over from them

Are fish imported aswell in the big towns

Screenshot_20230109-081715_Twitter.jpg

Calaami

Garaadka Guud ee Beesha Calaamka
Someone I know tried to start a solar business, Hormuud goons gave him three choices: (a) stop what you’re doing altogether (b) work for us (c) die:deadrose:

Trending

Latest posts