Waaq / Eebbe and Cushites?

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
It's strange and ironic despite my part of the family branch being Muslims they still call god Eebe and perform Dabshid (paganist ritual) and chant Waaqo
As a former Salafist myself I used to be critical of my kinsmen and urged they should abandon primitive geeljire traditions and replace it Arabic and Muslim names ( at that time I was critical of anything deemed to be unislamic even if it were miniscule)
It's true that they are spiritually connected to their ancestors by practicing mysticism , unfortunately (how do I put it this way ) I've recently...... discovered that our great grandparents clan were forcefully converted to Islam by the wielding sword
despite learning our rich heritage , during those days I blindly wanted to disassociate myself from this:

"We were the only Somalis in the early 1900's practicing Waaqfurroow , for hundreds of years we have been battling against the Ajuuraan Dynasty, Ogaden Expansion and the Galla Aggression (our allies of the same faith)" .
And rather associate myself with this"
We are sons of Hashim Ibn Quraish , we have spread Islam to the naked gaalo"

Luckily the self neglect of one's history faded away once I ve stepped in to a different shoes and view it from the distance , this way I've acknowledge that all our lives been a living lie , we have been victims of rather than victorious , for our culture and traditions to be wiped away from this scorched earth and an a man similar to you in appearance with an unfamiliar strange tongue an unsual belief from a faraway land shoved into your throats .
This is when I understood the ordeals my ancestors went through during these rough centuries , the pains and sufferings they've endured to preserve their rights and survive this hostile changed land

Smh and yet my brainwashed self and others like me wanted to erase the little thing we had to reconnect with our ancestral spirits

Today my qabiil is no different from the other qabiils , our oral tradition replaced with heblaayo and balaayo , it's like erasing something from a memory slate , it's a sad reality for all Somalis since we were a warring tribe

If you want to refute this and say oh it's another speculative conspiracies , then just remember all the words, names and cities ending with WAAQ .

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
It's strange and ironic despite my part of the family branch being Muslims they still call god Eebe and perform Dabshid (paganist ritual) and chant Waaqo
As a former Salafist myself I used to be critical of my kinsmen and urged they should abandon primitive geeljire traditions and replace it Arabic and Muslim names ( at that time I was critical of anything deemed to be unislamic even if it were miniscule)
It's true that they are spiritually connected to their ancestors by practicing mysticism , unfortunately (how do I put it this way ) I've recently...... discovered that our great grandparents clan were forcefully converted to Islam by the wielding sword
despite learning our rich heritage , during those days I blindly wanted to disassociate myself from this:

"We were the only Somalis in the early 1900's practicing Waaqfurroow , for hundreds of years we have been battling against the Ajuuraan Dynasty, Ogaden Expansion and the Galla Aggression (our allies of the same faith)" .
And rather associate myself with this"
We are sons of Hashim Ibn Quraish , we have spread Islam to the naked gaalo"

Luckily the self neglect of one's history faded away once I ve stepped in to a different shoes and view it from the distance , this way I've acknowledge that all our lives been a living lie , we have been victims of rather than victorious , for our culture and traditions to be wiped away from this scorched earth and an a man similar to you in appearance with an unfamiliar strange tongue an unsual belief from a faraway land shoved into your throats .
This is when I understood the ordeals my ancestors went through during these rough centuries , the pains and sufferings they've endured to preserve their rights and survive this hostile changed land

Smh and yet my brainwashed self and others like me wanted to erase the little thing we had to reconnect with our ancestral spirits

Today my qabiil is no different from the other qabiils , our oral tradition replaced with heblaayo and balaayo , it's like erasing something from a memory slate , it's a sad reality for all Somalis since we were a warring tribe

If you want to refute this and say oh it's another speculative conspiracies , then just remember all the words, names and cities ending with WAAQ .
@AbdiRastoole,

Your ancestors were forced into Islam? May I ask what your qabiil is?

Best,

Faahiye

Zayn

Visionary from Garbaharey
Say that to your local sheikh nigga, not me

68iQ be hitting hard in this thread
I dont know if you are trolling but Eebe is used by Somalis.Just listen to Sheikh Omar Farouq. He uses the word Eebe and it means Allah. I cant say anything about Waaq since I have never heard of it in Somali language except as in name of towns like Cabudwaaq and Celwaaq

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@Samaalic Era @Timo Madow and proud @riyaale @Faahiye

We all have something in common
SAMAALISM
which Ive noticed , this is a good heads start to eradicate qabiil , preserve our long lost heritage and etc

My fellow Geeljires and Geeljirettes

Welcome to SAMAALE BROTHERHOOD COOPERATION with open arms ,may the movement of such union prosper and become unified as GEELJIRE FIRST

Ku soo dhawaada
ISKAASHIGA WALAALTIMADDA SAMAALE gacmo furan ayaan kugu soo dhawayna ,
ururkeena oo ahaado
midowga aan burburin
noocan oo kale keena liibaan iyo midinimo ku salaysan GEELJIRE BAANU NAHAY MARKA HORE

This thread is needlessly stretched out.

Both 'Waaq' and 'Eebbe' are the name for God. 'Waaq' actually comes from Oromos although Somalis don't like to admit it, it's their language. Somalis, Oromos, Rendile, etc used to be more unified as Cushites and called God 'Waaq'.

'Eebbe' came into northern Somalia later and was actually brought by Christianity...yes...Christians in northern Somalia called God 'Eebbe'. In fact, 'Eebbe' actually means and/or is a synonym for 'father' or 'our father' or 'Master' or 'Lord', that alone makes it obvious that it comes from Christian presence in northern Somalia which is already well established and accepted that it was brought over by the Aksumites. 'Eebbe' could also have origins from the Hebrew word 'Elohim' but I don't know that for a fact.

'Waaq' fell out of favour because since Islam was brought over by the north, the word used by the northerners (which was 'Eebbe') quickly overtook 'Waaq' in popularity and importance but essentially they both mean the same thing.

Since it was still used by Oromo pagans the stigma of paganism and being a 'Galla' could have discouraged Somalis from using 'Waaq' to name God.

Lesson's over.

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP

Both 'Waaq' and 'Eebbe' are the name for God. 'Waaq' actually comes from Oromos although Somalis don't like to admit it, it's their language. Somalis, Oromos, Rendile, etc used to be more unified as Cushites and called God 'Waaq'.

'Eebbe' came into northern Somalia later and was actually brought by Christianity...yes...Christians in northern Somalia called God 'Eebbe'. In fact, 'Eebbe' actually means and/or is a synonym for 'father' or 'our father' or 'Master' or 'Lord', that alone makes it obvious that it comes from Christian presence in northern Somalia which is already well established and accepted that it was brought over by the Aksumites. 'Eebbe' could also have origins from the Hebrew word 'Elohim' but I don't know that for a fact.

'Waaq' fell out of favour because since Islam was brought over by the north, the word used by the northerners (which was 'Eebbe') quickly overtook 'Waaq' in popularity and importance but essentially they both mean the same thing.

Since it was still used by Oromo pagans the stigma of paganism and being a 'Galla' could have discouraged Somalis from using 'Waaq' to name God.

Lesson's over.
Welcome back waaqo of punt :it0tdo8:

Samaalic Era

QurboExit

Lesson's over.
Koonfur and Galbeed Somalis like Raxanwayn and other Hawiyah in ancient times use Eebe who had nothing to do with Christianity

Koonfur and Galbeed Somalis like Raxanwayn and other Hawiyah in ancient times use Eebe who had nothing to do with Christianity
You're factually incorrect. Read books which mention 'Waaq' and 'Eebbe'.

Hawiye and other lowlanders were the very ones who used 'Waaq', whereas 'Eebbe' was spread from the north.
Hawiye most definitely did NOT use 'Eebbe' and they didn't give 'Waaq' synonims such as 'father', 'our father', or 'Lord'....those titles were only used for Eebbe and clearly came from an ancient Christian culture in the north.

I hope this clears things for you! please read and grasp people!

upload_2020-2-27_20-3-42.png

Source: Saints and Somalis: Popular Islam in a Clan-based Society
By I. M. Lewis

@Timo Madow and proud @Faahiye @Balaayo hope yall can agree :2tjlv3e:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lesson's over.

Trending

Latest posts