Waaq / Eebbe and Cushites?

Somalis replaced any name they had for God and replaced it with Ilaahi/ Allah.

Eebe, Waaq, whatever is not the name of God in Somali, anymore.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Eebbe is more synonymous with Allah not Waaq. Waaq is more connected to ancient Somali God/ beliefs. You could find the name Eebbe in many places, for example you could find sentences like:
Eebbe ha ka raalli noqdo
Eebbe ha tuso wanaaggo
Eebbe ha u naxariisto
Haddu Eebbe yidhaahdo "Inshallah"

Last edited:
Calling Sheikhs ignorant about their faith is stupid. I won’t read any further. Bye walaal.
Christians in middle east countries, call Allah which means God in arabic language.
If I say God, it's no different from Allah.
If i say Eebe, it's no different from Allah.
In Islam, Arabic is important. Therefore, we call Allah.

Its possible for south cushites to worship only one god, according to what "Eebe" means, man.

South Cushites are Monotheistic and believed in Eebe, which is what Somalis today and other Cushites called Allah swt

Don't know about other Cushites but I do know that the Somali equivalent of Allah is Eebe. Just listen to any of Sh Cumar Faaruuq's tafsir tapes from the 80s and you'll see how he uses the word Eebe to translate Allah. I don't understand how this is even a contentious issue. Waaq is a different story, I think it's just internet hype.

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
I'll cut my lips the day I call Allah "Eebe" or "Waaq".
@Alexis,

Eebbe simply means God. There’s no dodgy pagan influence in that. Waaq in the other hand refers to a specific pre-Islamic god. But Eebbe is fine and you will find it being used to refer to God in Quran translations
4E18759F-9364-4AD6-8C4C-E9BCC3BDB1FC.jpeg

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
@Alexis,

Eebbe simply means God. There’s no dodgy pagan influence in that. Waaq in the other hand refers to a specific pre-Islamic god. But Eebbe is fine and you will find it being used to refer to God in Quran translations
View attachment 95807

The point is that Waaq refers to ONE God.

Monotheistic religion. Like Jews say Yahweh and in English God

A religion with ONE God. It can only refer to Allah SWT

Critical thinking is a good trait to develop. Do so

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Until you can tell me of another single entity, that is God except for Allah SWT, no matter the language, then this argument is invalid

SlimFarax

Sheegatoslayer
Aren't you even a little curious to know what they beliefs are? There's very little out there for the general public.

I am and I'm not at the same time. It doesn't add value to my life so i wont search it, but I wouldn't reject the knowledge if given the opportunity to learn

Trending