Volunteers Needed For A School in Somaliland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
120 students, 6 grades and one teacher.

Where are the Somaliland patriots? Put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to help these children.

Ardayda-Dhadhaab-ee-waxbara-696x521.jpg

(where are the girls?)

Public vehicles venture only once a week up to this village, which is mourning the recent death of one of the teachers at the school, leaving Jamaa Hussein Jamaa to manage alone.

He teaches all the students across six levels by cramming classes in both mornings and afternoons, although the system is far from perfect.

The education ministry has not been able to find a replacement teacher willing to come to the village.

“A class prefect helps me look after one class as I teach the other class, which is basically three classes put together. When I am done with each of the three classes, I come back to the other class and do the same,” Jamaa told Radio Ergo.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/...e_school_taking_classes_for_120_children.aspx

@Jaydaan

Do you think I’m Dahabshiil? We could ask them to sponsor the volunteers and contribute to their expenses. We also can hold fundraising. But you’ve to have some qualifications.
Oh ok. I didnt think i needed qualification to teach 7-8 year old. I know more than them. But I dont have the papers to prove it

VixR

Veritas
@VixR

Volunteering for few months to give these kids a hand.

Frustrated because of the corruption and nepotism.
Can you expand on that? Corruption (stealing funds?) and nepotism (in well digging how?)?

Do really think it’s reasonable for me to pick up and go to SL solo to volunteer there? You must be trolling/joking?

They don’t need volunteers, they need actual teachers trained from the population. Highly unlikely something like this would attract ppl from the diaspora (it’s neither lucrative nor structured) , unless they’re students joining a legitimate corporation (with structure) like Habitat for Humanity.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
120 students, 6 grades and one teacher.

Where are the Somaliland patriots? Put your money where your mouth is and volunteer to help these children.

Ardayda-Dhadhaab-ee-waxbara-696x521.jpg

(where are the girls?)

Public vehicles venture only once a week up to this village, which is mourning the recent death of one of the teachers at the school, leaving Jamaa Hussein Jamaa to manage alone.

He teaches all the students across six levels by cramming classes in both mornings and afternoons, although the system is far from perfect.

The education ministry has not been able to find a replacement teacher willing to come to the village.

“A class prefect helps me look after one class as I teach the other class, which is basically three classes put together. When I am done with each of the three classes, I come back to the other class and do the same,” Jamaa told Radio Ergo.

https://www.hiiraan.com/news4/2019/...e_school_taking_classes_for_120_children.aspx

Can i go teach them English and 18th century English History? Or creative writing? I am very influential in making people know how to write English!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending