VOA-Great interview with Xaaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Ferrari I don't mind to hand over state functions in Puntland that are federal duties, let them hand over what is state duties also. I am not sure why their so attached to state functions(more aid money maybe) if their seen to be doing more. They will get far more then aid money if the regions develop, they will collect federal taxes from industries booming around the nation. I will hand over immigration matters like passport, visas, etc to them. We have already I think with our immigration department strictly following the Somalia guidelines but under puntland management. We will hand that over to them any day of the week so they can bring in an SFG official who will work in Garowe and manage that department.

We are not hard bunch of people in Puntland. Heck even the custom at galdogob between Somalia and Ethiopia is their duty also, but we are doing it for them, they need to set up custom offices around border areas and pay and run the officials from the SFG not Puntland to do, it's immigration matter. Somalia is a joke, the things SFG should be doing, it's not, and the things the states are doing they should not.

@Ferrari me and you as puntland and jubbaland president in 20-30 years inshallah as we take the war to the 'old baboons holding onto hamar first and region last' mentality.

what would you do differently to Deni and Gas if you were puntland president?

I would personally allocate 100% of jubaland resources to jubaland, no federal soldiers in jubalnd, all taxes collected in jubaland would stay in jubaland, jubaland would have foreign policy of its own, dealing with the outside world. :trumpsmirk:

I would create citizenship levels, level A belong to my tol, and everyone else getting level B.

all level B citizens would be monitored closely, under surveillance 24/7 365, to avoid any future confrontation.:manny:

I wouldnt give anyone else the chance or time to grow as on opposition group.:damedamn:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
what would you do differently to Deni and Gas if you were puntland president?

I would personally allocate 100% of jubaland resources to jubaland, no federal soldiers in jubalnd, all taxes collected in jubaland would stay in jubaland, jubaland would have foreign policy of its own, dealing with the outside world. :trumpsmirk:

I would first start by defining federal and state duties into policy and delivery. Federal government in my land has ministry, education, and basically the same ministries as state governments. The big difference is, their limited to 'policy' side and the delivery arm are the states. So I'd tell the feds to stick to setting up guidelines for the states to follow, not worry about the implementation.

For example if we find PL has the best education curriculum, the feds can use that as framework for all states. If they find Jubaland has the best health-care, they can use that as guideline on all state government. You see we start to better each other, the feds become more like a referee for all the states lol. They can sit there and do the number crunching, stats, looking at data gathered from the states, they will have pretty large federal department dealing with policy side. Their job is to watch us and see who is performing best and then draft out plans to boost up other regions to that same level. U see federalism, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BEAUTIFUL

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Ferrari I even suggest we use the feds as a 'funding' arm for the regions. All state taxes collected go to the feds, who then re-distributes back to the regions using an agreed upon guideline not 4.5 but based on 'priority' and 'return on investment' no more qabyalad loving do you invest your business money using qabyalad? of course not you look at whatever has the best profit margin, the most sustainable and long-term stability, and the least risk possible. Government investment must assess priority levels of each state, the benefits/impact the funding will create, and the return on investment over a period of time needs to be calculated. Lacag meel lagu daadsho oo aan la firin maxay soo kordhisay is terrible cycle to be in. Lacag meel lagu daadsho qabil jecel sxb isn't wise way to spend money. Money doesn't know qabiil, it only knows 'increase or decrease' wallahi. We don't want our money decreasing do we?

Or we can allocate one type of tax collected to the feds like port taxes or road taxes and keep the rest in the state. There so many things we can discuss as presidents of puntland and jubbaland as we form our federal policy, but we must be on the eight ball about all federal member states are brothers for the same cause, it's in none of our interest to be under centralist mugs.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@Ferrari The SFG intention I think was inay 'neutral' uu noqdan mamulada oo dhan oo danta dalka firiyan keliya. An independent referee for the state basically to ensure security and development is occurring across the nation, not compete against the regions. They should be assessing how and where investment is needed in each state, collecting funds for it either locally thru taxes on state governments and foreigners. They need to be like 'above' the regions sxb and ensuring their operating at the best level to achieve well being targets of the people under their jurisdiction.

Even Mogadishu should not be handled by SFG. The SFG should be handling Mogadishu/regions as one ENTITY with special 'clause' for Mogadishu as a federal city under the jurisdiction of Local government. The SFG should be hands-off with the implementation of programs in the city and leave it for the MAYOR. What u say bro?

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Wow I believe some of the states have went too far, I support federal states to have control and say of their future domestically however the role of foreign policy should be left alone to the federal government (made up equally by all qabiils). Siding with Kenya at this critical moment is unwise, specially at a time they wish to divide and conquer due to maritime dispute.

History will not be kind to those who betray their country because they had a fall out with a temporary dowlad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending