Imagine, god forbid, living in a country where you cannot voice any concerns, where the civil servants, who get hefty salaries are "untouchables".

United Kingdom

The largest party is designated as the Official Opposition and its frontbench MPs have the right to speak first in reply to Government ministers. It therefore play a role in criticising Government policy for example in reply to Ministerial statements and debates on legislation.

Canada:

The Official Opposition is viewed as the caucus tasked with keeping the government in check. It is also generally viewed as the alternative government or "government in waiting".

N&N wants to turn Somalia into a ONE-PARTY dictatorship, which is why they are wasting time and resources installing puppets everywhere and trying to shut up the opposition.

Faisal Waraabe is a great example of a vocal politician that usually is in the opposition's camp.
He gets the attention of the Press and they then spread the news to the average citizen.

Without vocal politicians, citizens don't know what is really happening behind closed doors.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
N&N wants to turn Somalia into a ONE-PARTY dictatorship, which is why they are wasting time and resources installing puppets everywhere and trying to shut up the opposition.

Faisal Waraabe is a great example of a vocal politician that usually is in the opposition's camp.
He gets the attention of the Press and they then spread the news to the average citizen.

Without vocal politicians, citizens don't know what is really happening behind closed doors.
Vibrant democracy needs proper criticism - ie you see and feel the opposition opinion.

1585338860305.png

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Exactly.

When we support and protect opposition parties rights to express their civic duty, it allows us citizens to safely vote and participate in politics without being in fear of being killed or bribed.
Tbh tho it is Africa we're talking about. Democracy and accountability are foreign concepts. So I don't think holding N&N to a Canadian standard is fair.

Tbh tho it is Africa we're talking about. Democracy and accountability are foreign concepts. So I don't think holding N&N to a Canadian standard is fair.

Somalis treat politicians like idols, they literally lay out a red carpet when these "idols" visit towns and villages to make irrelevant and fake promises.

These civil servants should be working hard and delivering on their promises NOT posing for photo shoots in their expensive clothing without a care in the world.

Imagine, Khayre actually went to a ribbon cutting ceremony for the corrupt Barawe "airport" and now he knows he can get away with it and not ONE MP will speak out.

SMH

Helios

AQOONYAHAN
VIP
Both of them can go imo

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They're somali politicians there's a certain level you have to hold them too. They are all the same tbh. Last president and the one after Farmaajo won't be markedly different. It only gets incrementally better unless some serious anti corruption crackdown occurs - which won't happen. Its not the faces you see but the structure behind them.

I just posted a POLL about Somali Democracy, becoz the way things are in Somalia, we might
never have Democracy.

Somalis treat politicians like idols, they literally lay out a red carpet when these "idols" visit towns and villages to make irrelevant and fake promises.

These civil servants should be working hard and delivering on their promises NOT posing for photo shoots in their expensive clothing without a care in the world.

Imagine, Khayre actually went to a ribbon cutting ceremony for the corrupt Barawe "airport" and now he knows he can get away with it and not ONE MP will speak out.

SMH
I can't believe how Peaple in Somalia are glorifying the Useless Leaders. That's why
a lot of Peaple losing hope in Somalia.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Opposition is healthy, as long as they are loyal to the country and no one can question their true motives.

Problem in Somalia is, the current opposition movement are well known and they predate N&N, they have faced corruption charges before and their signatures are being used to steal Somalis seas.

I prefer Nabad iyo Nolol for the time being, unless there will be new faces that have modern solutions to our problem. We desperately need fresh ideas and not recycled :)

As much as I don't care for farmajo or for dictatorish tendencies the opposition in somalia, if you mean sheikh sharif and hsm, should be shut down, because those guys have no real concern for the country and even their reason of opposing farmajo isn't a noble one. I would really hate for somali to hot potato between different types of corrupt governments

As much as I don't care for farmajo or for dictatorish tendencies the opposition in somalia, if you mean sheikh sharif and hsm, should be shut down, because those guys have no real concern for the country and even their reason of opposing farmajo isn't a noble one. I would really hate for somali to hot potato between different types of corrupt governments

You are right sis

Shariif = father of Alshaydan
Qoslaaye= sold Somali girls
Cabdishakur= sold sea to kenya
Gaas= allegedly stole from Puntland

In an ideal Somalia, these men would be locked up but we are not there yet.

Since they have not been put on trial yet they still have the right to oppose the government and speak their minds without fear of attack.

As soon as we move to one man one vote and we stop worshipping civil servants, Somalia will rise again

Trending

Latest posts