Video about the history of Oromo people

Big false claim on 1:35 hoyadiis wasaha but cant blame him its those dumb skinny geeljires who insult every Black person who make videos on Somalis or Somali women. he was attacked once too by Somali trolls if I remember.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I noticed that too. He used to make Somali content even if little. After the trolls qashined his channel he didn't give a shit about Somalia.

Funny thing was the comments. One person attempted to state Somalia never existed prior to 1960s. Very common misconception.

Somalia is the land where the Somali people live. Record and genetic studies show Somalis have been an unique ethnic group indigenous to their own land for at least 10,000 years. The land we live in is Somalia. But you think its just the state that was formed after colonialism.

Somalis live in an area that's over 1 million square km. Prior to the 20th century, ruling an area that big which is mostly inhabited by nomads is close to impossible to control. (Could delve deeper with historic examples like the Holy Roman Empire and feudalism but I'm about to eat).

This is why we had several sultanates. The largest two are Ajuran and Adal. Together they occupied probably 60-80% of the territory. Still the mountainous, less populated desert regions maintained their own states such as Warsengli and Majerteen. They were too geographically separated from the centres of Adal and Ajuran. Plus the clan divisions helped them retain their own identity and state.

I could go on

Funny thing was the comments. One person attempted to state Somalia never existed prior to 1960s. Very common misconception.

Somalia is the land where the Somali people live. Record and genetic studies show Somalis have been an unique ethnic group indigenous to their own land for at least 10,000 years. The land we live in is Somalia. But you think its just the state that was formed after colonialism.

Somalis live in an area that's over 1 million square km. Prior to the 20th century, ruling an area that big which is mostly inhabited by nomads is close to impossible to control. (Could delve deeper with historic examples like the Holy Roman Empire and feudalism but I'm about to eat).

This is why we had several sultanates. The largest two are Ajuran and Adal. Together they occupied probably 60-80% of the territory. Still the mountainous, less populated desert regions maintained their own states such as Warsengli and Majerteen. They were too geographically separated from the centres of Adal and Ajuran. Plus the clan divisions helped them retain their own identity and state.

I could go on
So? Germanic tribes lived together too. Just cus Somalis lived in that land that doesn't make it an official gov/country. Did the red skins in NA have a country before the Europeans came??

So? Germanic tribes lived together too. Just cus Somalis lived in that land that doesn't make it an official gov/country. Did the red skins in NA have a country before the Europeans came??
Ahhh here we come to another misconception. There's a big misunderstanding on what people mean when they say Somalia.

Is it the state, the government that claims to be the sovereign over the territory it claims? Or is it the nation, the people that inhabit it?

Although they're synonyms they don't mean the same thing. In fact it's a major difference. There are of course nation-states, governments that claim to be the sovereign over an entire nation and the land they inhabit.

So was Somalia a state 10,000 years ago? No. However it has always been a nation.

nation
/ˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.
"the world's leading industrialized nations"
synonyms: country, state, land, sovereign state, nation state, kingdom, empire, republic, confederation, federation, commonwealth, power, superpower, polity, domain; More
a North American Indian people or confederation of peoples.

state
/steɪt/
Learn to pronounce
noun
a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.

It's simple. Somalis took some land from oromo and oromo took some lands from somalis. Afars too. Sidama too. The list goes on. It was an all out competition for land and water resources back then. None of us can change it but discussing it is interesting indeed.

Sincerely,
The fearless son of Oromia.

Trending

Latest posts