Very Dumb Argument of the Atheists

One argument which is extremely dumb which I've seen from the atheists is "the Problem of Evil"- why does our Creator allow suffering?

Have you never, ever studied the Quran????

Quran: *warns Muslims repeatedly that they will experience testing and suffering, this life is a test*

Muslims: *experience testing and suffering*

Atheists: "ha! the Quran is wrong!"

1myuho.jpg

this is an extremely dumb argument. Atheists, please stop using it.

One argument which is extremely dumb which I've seen from the atheists is "the Problem of Evil"- why does our Creator allow suffering?

Have you never, ever studied the Quran????

Quran: *warns Muslims repeatedly that they will experience testing and suffering, this life is a test*

Muslims: *experience testing and suffering*

Atheists: "ha! the Quran is wrong!"

1myuho.jpg

this is an extremely dumb argument. Atheists, please stop using it.

Why test tho if you are omniscient and know what will happen?

Why test tho if you are omniscient and know what will happen?

We have zero business questioning our Creator.

I don't know the answer to that question. My thread was about a completely different argument.

If you think it's weird that we should have the experience of actually having earthly lives, of having actual experiences, of actually working, actually striving and you think we should just skip all the actual going through tests, actual experiences of earthly life, we should skip all the hard stuff (as far as earthly hardship) and just go straight to the Day of Judgement.... no actual working and striving to attain Jannah..... you just skip all the hard stuff (as far as earthly hardship), go straight to the Day of Judgement and our Creator explains "this is what you would have done"...... the record of what you would have done is revealed and then you are judged based on that record.......

I mean that's a... very different.... alternate reality scenario.

We should have that alternate scenario rather than actually experiencing the earthly life, having our deeds be things that actually happened, having actually lived our record?

I don't think the alternate reality scenario is a strong argument at all. I think it seems like the product of a mind which is too oriented towards comfort and ease.....

we have a lot of technological conveniences these days and I think that kind of thinking is due to today's convenience and ease..... I don't think people living 1,000 years ago would have thought like that.... in the context of those days when people lived rougher lifestyles, would it not have seemed unmanly? "why do I have to strive????"

I'm reminded of someone who I tried to help learn Spanish..... I tried to help them with learning Spanish but then when it came to any actual effort, they would want to avoid any actual effort......

a lot of people want magic pill solutions..... "this one weird trick".... it's like someone who wants to have a six pack but doesn't want to do the actual working out......

I think the mentality is lack of willingness to apply effort......

I want to learn Arabic but I have to sit down and do the actual work....

why would our Creator be adverse to us actually applying effort and striving? why would our Creator act from that point of view? I think such thinking would emanate from a person who doesn't want to apply effort and strive, not from our Creator.

I don't thunk humans having to work for Jannah is a compelling argument for atheism

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
You don’t know the answer to the question by @The Inquisitive, bc “We’re being tested” is a way to explain away suffering despite being a worshipper of a deity who is supposedly omniscient, and would know the outcomes of his tests.

You usually go one further and say people who suffer will inherit the afterlife. Too bad they have to die to find that out.

Last edited:
You don’t know the answer to the question by @The Inquisitive, bc “We’re being tested” is a way to explain away suffering despite being a worshipper of a deity who is supposedly omniscient, and would know the outcomes of his tests.

You usually go one further and say people who suffer will inherit the afterlife. Too bad they have to die to find that out.

Why did Allah choose that we should actually live earthly life then be judged rather than simply skip the earthly life part and then be judged based on what we would have done?

I don't know the exact answer. I don't know the why for everything Allah does. I would be crazy to say "this is why Allah did such-and-such" without clear proof.

I also don't know why Allah created the oceans. Why did Allah will that humans and animals should drink water? Why did Allah will that we should eat food rather photosynthesize?

I don't know. Allah knows things humans don't know. There's nothing strange about humans not knowing everything, especially about what is beyond our knowledge.

Why would I know everything about why Allah does particular things? It would be weird to even expect that I should have such knowledge.

As for why we actually experience earthly life rather than an alternative scenario where we just skip straight to the Day of Judgement and be judged based on what we would have done.... why would Allah just hand us Jannah without us actually striving? Like I said, the scenario seems like a reflection of the mind of someone who doesn't want to strive.

I don't think humans having to work for stuff is a compelling argument for atheism.

"I think the mentality is lack of willingness to apply effort......

I want to learn Arabic but I have to sit down and do the actual work....

why would our Creator be adverse to us actually applying effort and striving? why would our Creator act from that point of view? I think such thinking would emanate from a person who doesn't want to apply effort and strive, not from our Creator.

I don't thunk humans having to work for Jannah is a compelling argument for atheism"

Trending