US Reopens Permanent USAID Mission in Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPENING OF USAID MISSION MOGADISHU
For Immediate Release
Monday, June 17, 2019
Office of Press Relations
Telephone: +1.202.712.4320 | Email: press@usaid.gov

On June 17, 2019, the United States is reopening a permanent Mission of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) in the Federal Republic of Somalia, more than 28 years after its closing on January 5, 1991.

Re-establishing a USAID Mission in Mogadishu is an important milestone in the deepening U.S. development partnership with the Somali people, made possible by the Somali Federal Government’s commitment to meaningful reform and re-engagement with the international community. Reopening a Mission also underscores USAID’s commitment to supporting the people and Government of Somalia to maintain momentum in their Journey to Self-Reliance.

The USAID team, led by Mission Director Jeffrey Bakken, will work closely with the people and Government of Somalia to advance peace and stability, strengthen local institutions, and make basic social services more accessible, all in the service of a safer, more prosperous, and self-reliant Somalia.

https://www.usaid.gov/news-information/press-releases/jun-17-2019-opening-usaid-mission-mogadishu

We welcome our American friends in reopening their permanent mission once again which was unfortunately closed on Jan 5th 1991 when the Somali social fabric was lost.
With the reforms from the current Federal Government of Somalia our reemergence on the international stage is beginning to gain momentum . I'm sure it's refreshing for our international partners to able to deal with a president that has advanced education from the west rather than the transitional warlords and Quranic teachers. It's also reassuring that Mark Green and our American partners have acknowledged the gains and progress being made in Somalia, we will only move forward.
Guul iyo gobanimo nabad iyo nolol
:salute:

Tukraq

VIP
great news, hopefully they have the aid intended for the different regions rerouted to the states directly as to avoid losing it to Mogadishu corruption and al shabbab:)

great news, hopefully they have the aid intended for the different regions rerouted to the states directly as to avoid losing it to Mogadishu corruption and al shabbab:)
Stop embarrassing yourself by repeating the same lies. The whole world acknowledges the reforms, transparency, and the fight against corruption the Fed. Govt. is engaged in. This development is more proof if you can read or listen to Mark Greens speech. Most of the corruption is at the regional level now, that’s the reality. And yes the funds are always allocated throughout the country and no they don’t deal directly with the states w/o the govt consent that much should be obvious by now.

Tukraq

VIP
Stop embarrassing yourself by repeating the same lies. The whole world acknowledges the reforms, transparency, and the fight against corruption the Fed. Govt. is engaged in. This development is more proof if you can read or listen to Mark Greens speech. Most of the corruption is at the regional level now, that’s the reality. And yes the funds are always allocated throughout the country.
its okay if the federal gov is corrupt or not, however theres no longer need for it to be passing through the mog any longer when they can allocate it directly to the states, as for the state level, that depends on which one

its okay if the federal gov is corrupt or not, however theres no longer need for it to be passing through the mog any longer when they can allocate it directly to the states, as for the state level, that depends on which one
Get out of your head and into reality. You’re just talking about your misguided wishes, I didn’t ask you about them.

Tukraq

VIP
Get out of your head and into reality.
if we have the capacity and ability to send it directly as Yamato has clearly seen than its a disservice to my nation to inefficiently pass it through the mog, and isn't how I would like my tax payer dollars spent, hopefully my representatives agree with me on this issue as it should be brought up, and hopefully our United States federal government will look into the matter:)

if we have the capacity and ability to send it directly as Yamato has clearly seen than its a disservice to my nation to inefficiently pass it through the mog, and isn't how I would like my tax payer dollars spent, hopefully my representatives agree with me on this issue as it should be brought up, and hopefully our United States federal government will look into the matter:)
:what1: Are you talking to yourself?

Lool not normal, taxes kulaha, goodnight.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
Those funds will be split along clan lines by the Hawiye residents of Mogadishu. It's better for these agencies to directly send the funds to the regional governments. Mogadishu cannot be trusted.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Look at this folks! Look at this
@embarassing character, celebrating the opening of a begging station in our country. She is delighted as if a branch of the Harvard University was opened in Mogadishu. Pathetic.

Look at this folks! Look at this
@embarassing character, celebrating the opening of a begging station in our country. She is delighted as if a branch of the Harvard University was opened in Mogadishu. Pathetic.
Says the guy who excitedly posted about a foreign Indian worker using the word jewel lol. The point isn’t about aid but I didn’t expect you to be sharp enough to get it.

They need to fix detroit,michigan water and chicago gun crime first these bloody fools are abdolutely useless when it comes to fixing up america smh

Hopefully they can fix these streets hurting my bike and car daily

Reasons why i think america needs to mind it's own muthaloving business as they got 50 million poor folks who need help

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Says the guy who excitedly posted about a foreign Indian worker using the word jewel lol. The point isn’t about aid but I didn’t expect you to be sharp enough to get it.

How are you against the infrastructure building of part of Somalia? I want all of Somalia to be build but as long as there is no viable government in the south and as long as bombing is part of its past time I’m afraid I will criticize the ruler of 4 sq miles.

How are you against the infrastructure building of part of Somalia? I want all of Somalia to be build but as long as there is no viable government in the south and as long as bombing is part of its past time I’m afraid I will criticize the ruler of 4 sq miles.
What did I say I’m against? For the record just your cheap not well thought out propaganda posts. And I would understand that if you didn’t praise a regional govt 100 times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending