US For. Affairs Committee Issues Election Statement

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I am not a fan of the extension nor the wild demands of the opposition, I believe in elections and respecting the outcome of the elections. I believe it's not too late to go back to the meetings, going forward everyone must accept the sept 17th agreement with no conditions and hold the elections as soon as possible, otherwise things will get much more complicated politically. We have to remember the wellbeing of the country comes first and that zero-sum game never benefited our progress as a nation. I pray that things get better and people come to their senses this blessed month of ramadan :)

TekNiKo

β€œI am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
No one cares what the US thinks, Somalia is a sovereign nation and will not ask the US permission for her political affairs

Just wondering how a Parliament whose mandate has ended on 27 December 2020 can extend the mandate for a government whose mandate ended on 8-Feb2021. If that’s the case then what’s the need to hold elections? Why don’t they keep extending each other’s term?

I read the replies, and it's full of Landers begging for recognition :faysalwtf:
my niggas are hustlers :silanyolaugh:
These guys are desperate , i told them its already too late. The council is angry at Somalia something that arguably didnt even exist 15-20 years ago.

In the next 5 years i guarantee you won't hear about Somaliland in international media anymore.

What was the reason for extending the term in the first place? 2 years is a bit too long. Is there something that speaks against holding elections?

What was the reason for extending the term in the first place? 2 years is a bit too long. Is there something that speaks against holding elections?
It's a maximum of 2 years, can be done earlier and it will be all done independently by NIEC board who stated last year they needed 1 year and 2 months.

I am not a fan of the extension nor the wild demands of the opposition, I believe in elections and respecting the outcome of the elections. I believe it's not too late to go back to the meetings, going forward everyone must accept the sept 17th agreement with no conditions and hold the elections as soon as possible, otherwise things will get much more complicated politically. We have to remember the wellbeing of the country comes first and that zero-sum game never benefited our progress as a nation. I pray that things get better and people come to their senses this blessed month of ramadan :)

I don’t think anyone will get rid of September 17. It’s the best solution to end this elections stalemate. No extensions or Parallel process or partial elections. Just agree and move on.

Farmaajo isn't stupid, he won't sign it.

again he's thrown others to the wolves and laid the blame on their shoulders. He always has a scapegoat ready.

He thinks this will give him a leverage if there is to be another meeting but homeboy is mistaken if he thinks the 3 conditions that's in front of him will somehow go away.

Farmaajo isn't stupid, he won't sign it.

again he's thrown others to the wolves and laid the blame on their shoulders. He always has a scapegoat ready.

He thinks this will give him a leverage if there is to be another meeting but homeboy is mistaken if he thinks the 3 conditions that's in front of him will somehow go away.
What three conditions? Weren't you paying attention to why the meeting failed? It had nothing to do with the original 3 conditions. The meeting didn't even reach the point where those were discussed.

What three conditions? Weren't you paying attention to why the meeting failed? It had nothing to do with the original 3 conditions. The meeting didn't even reach the point where those were discussed.
yeah it failed because they couldn't agree on the agenda.

farmaajo hands over power
oppositions groups take part in the meeting
security is given to an impartial party.

anyways, all farmaajo is showing off that he can sideline the IC and everyone else but how did that work out?

if he means business, he'll sign it.

if not, I can see him being forced into another meeting, probably in garoowe and the opposition groups will be there lol.